Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: My hopes after this loss...
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:23 pm 
NET Veteran

So, I think it's safe to say that all Seahawks fans everywhere are bitterly disappointed with the performance today. This is a game that we should have won, but that didn't happen. We played "not to lose," not going for FG's, not going for it on 4th and half a yard, etc.

But, losses like these should also bring forward some lessons to be learned. Here is what I hope this coaching staff and team learns...

- They need to do something drastically different if they want to have success on the road. We can not come out of the gates flat, get manhandled and have 6 penalties in the first quarter. There is some sort of lack of focus or they are not prepping for the games correctly, we don't know what that is from the outside looking in. Either way, there needs to be a fire lit under their asses because that was some of the most embarrassing football I've seen from a team with high playoff hopes.

- Bevell and co. need to open their eyes and realize what is not working and what is. I understand you go into a game with a game plan, and ours will 99% of the time be a "running identity," but it's atrocious play calling when you are getting stuffed up the middle for four quarters and you keep trying the same thing. I know everyone was crying for runs to the outside.... didn't really come. Beyond our "running identity," look at how RW was playing the game and throwing the ball. 16 (should have been 17) completions in a row, scrambling and picking up crucial yardage when there's no one open, etc. The dude was having a great game. Put the offense in his hands if you can't run the damn ball!

- Hill and Trufant's positions on this team need some serious reconsideration. I understand they are vets, blah blah blah, but they got picked apart for the better part of the game. Hill has easily provided the worst pass coverage out of our linebacking corps, which I believe is our weakest part of our pass defense. We also need to find someone who can take over for an aging Trufant. I thought Thurmond was *supposed to be* #1 or #2 CB material yet we don't give him a chance to play? Makes me really confused. Do we not have any other defensive backs on this team?

- Any team can win on any given Sunday. You take a team like the Dolphins for granted and you will be punished. We have beat the Packers and Patriots (I don't care that they were at home, it was the same 11v11 on the field), yet we choke and lose to a Dolphins team that probably could produce 3 players that would start at GB/NE right now. It's like we go on the road and we're scared that we might not win, instead of imposing our will to win.

Contenders or Pretenders? Big question that needs to be answered by our team in the remaining weeks.

What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: My hopes after this loss...
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:29 pm 
NET Veteran

Great post. And I wish I had answers.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm 
NET Practice Squad

there's no hope. trade Dangeruss to a good team and let uus remain the joke of the league

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:34 pm 
NET Veteran

We have no business taking any team for granted.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

I'm not sure there are "lessons to be learned" any different from every other week on the road...

We just don't know how to win on the road. Plain and simple. There's no magic bean solution to start winning all of a sudden other than playing much better.

Our defense has allowed way too many long game winning drives on the road this season. I know that's a huge problem.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:35 pm 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

Great post, no arguments here.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
NET Rookie

Contenders or Pretenders question was answered in the 4th quarter today.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:14 pm 
NET Starter

they don't even seem to be 'pretending' anymore...

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]