This defense will destroy Ryan Tannehill

hawker84

Reaction score
Aros":3vq41rj2 said:
Until the Seahawks can prove otherwise, I'm sticking to my prediction that we win out at home and lose out on the road and finish 9-7.

I won't be surprised if we drop one at home and win one more on the road but that still keeps us at 9-7.

The Kool-Aid won't be in my house until we take care of the Dolphins and Bills on the road like ANY Top 10 team should do.

exactly, if we're a top team we will take care of business these next two weeks..

bellingerga

Reaction score
Aros":2htjrxgi said:
If we lose to the gawddam awful Dolphins in Miami than I'm not sure how any of us can think we deserve a playoff spot.

We better beat that team in a week, road woes be damned.

I kinda feel the same way. If we can't win there....that would be a flat out embarassment to me.

hoxrox

Reaction score
This game will be a test on how disciplined this team is. Will they come out flat in a 10 AM road game after a long break? Will there be more penalties? Will Bradley continue to bring more than 4 on 3rd down? Will there be drops?

If we lose this game, it's going to be due to shooting ourselves in the foot, not so much from anything the Dolphins will do

BlueTalons

Reaction score
hoxrox":3a71jbz4 said:
This game will be a test on how disciplined this team is. Will they come out flat in a 10 AM road game after a long break? Will there be more penalties? Will Bradley continue to bring more than 4 on 3rd down? Will there be drops?

If we lose this game, it's going to be due to shooting ourselves in the foot, not so much from anything the Dolphins will do
I say we blitz more in this game...I don't think Tannehill has what it takes to exploit it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I agree that the Miami and Buffalo games are games we should win, barring some crazy Any Given Sunday occurrences.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Until I see it.. I do not trust this team on the road.

If the game was at CLink, yeah Tannehill would be in for a longggg day..

We SHOULD win.. but then again, we SHOULD have won in Glendale, St. Louis and Detroit too.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2sg5zm8l said:
Until I see it.. I do not trust this team on the road.

If the game was at CLink, yeah Tannehill would be in for a longggg day..

We SHOULD win.. but then again, we SHOULD have won in Glendale, St. Louis and Detroit too.

Totally agree. This team has to prove they can win on the road before we expect them to do it. There are numerous examples over the years of the Hawks going on the road and losing to inferior opponents in asinine ways so I'll hold my breath that this version can change the "can't win on the road" culture.

The only good news is that road favorites off a bye week are something like 25-4 straight up over the past several years (heard the stat yesterday on Cowherd's radio show) and Seattle will likely be a 1 to 3 point favorite based on the Dolphins recent slide.

sutz

Reaction score
Many years ago, I heard a talking head say, about this very subject, "You have to win the games you're supposed to win."

That's about how I feel, and I think I'm with the consensus around here, that this is a game the Seahawks "should" win. In some ways, this game has playoff implications. If we want to make the playoffs, we have to do everything possible to make sure that we are in the best position imaginable when we play SF in late December. If we start losing to the likes of Miami, that SF game starts to lose meaning.

I'm normally a "one game at a time" kind of fan, and I try not to look too far ahead, but this is that time of year when, if you want to really make a playoff run, you have to take care of business. That means beating inferior teams, which Miami really is. Russell Wilson seems like just the kind of guy who can and will do that.

TheHawkDoc

Reaction score
Congratulations to the elite Seahawks defense for destroying Ryan Tannehill this week (Sarcasm On). This defense makes me sick.