The topic of the forgotten Seahawk

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander. No one talks about how good he was--it was the offense, or the line, that made him great. Hogwash. He was a great RB!

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry, but a lot of those names are hardly "forgotten."

I would go with someone who is less popular than many of those names and say Chris Gray. Talk about your lunch pail kind of guy, he was routinely lambasted around here as a waste, but all he did was start for more consecutive games than anybody in team history IIRC. He played guard, center, and guard, and switched between them with no complaints or drop in play.

Had a great sense of humor, too. Who could forget the tape outline he layed out on the practice field for that block he layed? :)

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Darryl Williams. I will remember the following hit until the day I die:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/pUtnL-O4iNw

He was only a Seahawk for about half his career (wedged between two stings with the Bengals) but the dude was a psycho at FS. He also holds the record for consecutive starts at that position.

Thus the crappy avatar.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
rideaducati":277mtqqi said:
Fredd Young.

There was only one store in Albuquerque that sold a decent selection of anything Seahawk related, so I saved up a bunch of money to buy some SOMETHING Seahawks. I walked in to the store and went around picking up Seahawks stuff. I had enough for a jersey, but wanted more than just one item. I found several T-shirts and a really cool sweatshirt and a couple hats, I even got a Seahawk helmet alarm clock. Well, when I went up to pay for all these things and there were two guys at the counter. One of them had his back to me and the other just looked at the items I had put on the counter and laughed. The one laughing started hitting the other guy on the arm and said "you gotta see this". The guy turned around and laughed too, the guy was Fredd Young.

I guess, prior to me walking in to the store, the two had had a conversation about how many Seahawks items were available in the store and how much Seahawks stuff the guy actually sold in Albuquerque of all places. The shop owner had told him that he sold a lot of Seahawk gear and that there weren't too many days when he didn't sell something Seahawks related. Fredd didn't believe it and had told his buddy that if anyone came in and bought anything with a Seahawk logo on it while he was in the store, that he would pay for it... My lucky day!!!

I had to pass a test that consisted of several questions about the team and about me knowing that he was going to be in the store prior to coming in that day... I passed. I think I named every starter on both sides of the ball and their positions. I even knew the answer to the "do you know who I am?" question.

Anyway, Fredd paid for all the Seahawk gear I had put up on that counter. I thought he was kidding when he said he'd pay for it, but sure enough, he paid.

I made it about 5 steps out the door and realized that I still had enough money to get the Seahawk jersey that I had my eye on and marched right back in and grabbed it. I took it to the counter and the two started laughing again. I left the store with all the Seahawks stuff I wanted, a #50 jersey, and a story about the guy who actually wore the #50 Seahawk jersey on the field.

I will give you $1 million for that jersey!

Great story, ducati

Starrman44

Reaction score
Bobby Joe Edmonds. I used to sit with my ear to the radio on Sunday Afternoons. My dad was a pastor, so the house was pretty quiet (folks taking naps). That guy was electric and would have me dancin' around and doing those silent shouts where you about pass out because you are straining so hard and trying not to make noise. I also enjoyed Michael Bates...