Seahawks All Access

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawks All Access
Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 am
  • Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Location: Born in Oakharbor, raised in the west, sentenced to life in St George

Re: Seahawks All Access
Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm
  • It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away, and to have other things available on the internet. I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was. Thanks, Seahawk Report, even though I got your magazine a week past the issue date. Ah, those were the days...
    "Anybody can be a Seahawks fan in Seattle. Try being one in Pittsburgh!" PROUDLY REPRESENTING SINCE 1976.
    osprey6
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 pm
  • osprey6 wrote:It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away,
    osprey6 wrote:I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was.

Man, that had to suck soo much.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:41 pm
  • I remember the days when .com was a blank black page with a little rectangular graphic in the top left corner with no team news or much of anything.

Hence .NET was born.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:00 pm
  • Aros wrote:Hence .NET was born.

Excellent. 8)
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:19 pm
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    osprey6 wrote:It's so wonderful to be able to see these on DirecTV from 2500 miles away,
    osprey6 wrote:I still think back to 30 years ago, when I would be pathetically grateful for any morsel about the team, no matter how out of date it was.

Man, that had to suck soo much.

Do you remember the fantasy football leagues that you had to put in an envelope and mail in? They only gave you the big name players at each position and you would then have to pick players and keep them for the whole year...even if they got hurt. Great times...
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 am
  • I remember when MTV didn't exist.
    I watched the Apollo launches on a B&W TV with round corners.

I was in the Navy before satellite internet -- I remember looking forward with eager anticipation to getting the NFL game results via telex, printed on a dot matrix printer. There would be the final score, and maybe a sentence or two about the game. I had a daily subscription to the Everett Herald which they mailed to me -- since we got a mail call about every two or three weeks, I'd get the papers 20 at a time, and of course 3 or 4 weeks out of date. But to this Seahawk-news-starved sailor, it was like a bag of oxygen in a smoke filled room.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:49 am
  • 400WattHPSHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Hence .NET was born.

Excellent. 8)

X ... :th2thumbs:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:30 am
  • yup.... me too!
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 am
  • I remember subscribing to 'Inside the Seahawks' magazine/newspaper...which i would get in NJ like 2 weeks after each game. I'm pretty sure I wrote a few articles for them back in the 80's. Those were the days!

Win Forever!
    JonRud
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:58 am
  • JonRud wrote:I remember subscribing to 'Inside the Seahawks' magazine/newspaper...which i would get in NJ like 2 weeks after each game. I'm pretty sure I wrote a few articles for them back in the 80's. Those were the days!

I remember that rag, I was in Homer, AK at the time, got a free hat for subscribing and it took a month to get my 1st issue because they got Homer confused with Palmer AK :shock:
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information