Congrats to Notre Dame

NoChops

Reaction score
probably one of the best football moments of my life was going to a game in South Bend. Even though they crushed the Huskies and this old timer made sure to play the fight song every time our eyes met after the game at some alumni club we went to, it was an epic trip.

Funny story about that club...Not sure of its name, I do think its on campus or real close to it, can't remember now. I do remember we got in as a family friend was a big shot at ND, on the board of some alumni thing or something...anyhoo... We order drinks, the old timer across the way is tapping his glass every 2 min. for the bartender to play the fight song cuz there was a young punk in the house with a W on his hat. I had enough of the rah rah crap (I went to Western so I wasn't overly upset about the Huskies loss) so I got up from the table to take in the place.

The place was covered in history. Pictures of all the greatest players in ND history. The Gipper, Joe T, Montana, Brown, Waters, Bettis, on and on. I went on a mission, I had to find our QB of the Seattle Seahawks, Rick Mirer! I search around the bar, in the hallways, everywhere and no sign of our Seahawks QB.

Dejected, I head back to the table for dinner. We finish up with the eats, grandpa is calling for the fight song...AGAIN. so I get up in a last ditch effort to find some pictures of Mirer. They had to have them right? He was only the best QB at ND since Montana! Nothing, Nadda, cant find a single one.

So back to the table for another round and more relentless ND rah rah. Finally, its time to leave. I make a break for the head before we hit the streets, and guess what? You got it. With my junk in my hand, my eyes glance up, and there right above the crapper was that all familiar smirk of our not so beloved (it was 96 after all) QB Rick Mirer. Perfect! ND and Seahawk fans have something in common! We shipped the bum to Chicago the following season, lol.

anyway, grats to the domers, they will be crushed by bamma.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This thread gives. Redeye was looking for a fight when he started. "They won every game they were presented"? Doesn't Notre Dame make their own schedule?

Lets see. Notre Dame has NO conference schedule, so they can play who they want. The lack of opponents on their schedule is entirely their doing, so let's stop with the "they won the games they were presented" talk. Notre Dame won't join a conference because they love the NBC cash truck. Nothing more, nothing less.

I for one will enjoy watching Bama gut them. And I hate the SEC.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3midq70n said:
Bama will smash that team with their clown coach.

Assuming they beat Georgia first! :stirthepot:

And then Georgia or Florida will beat ND.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
redeye81":3rs11yhn said:
Scottemojo,

Looking for a fight? Sorry to offend you with CONGRATS POST to Notre Dame. The haters can blantently try to hi jack a thread but most will see thru it..

But hey we can't have a good ole Congrats post without mentioning the other #5.. Wow congrats to Everett Golson the pride of Myrtle Beach Seahawks (bet you didn't know that).. What a fantastic player..

<Ok cue in Golson bashing now>

BTW,

I think next year Notre Dame should schedule the following teams:

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (no not a joke)
Florida Atlantic Owls (power house i am sure)
Western Carolina Catamount (what the hell is a catamount?)

That will be three easy wins ..
What will Notre Dame's conference schedule look like next year? Oh, right...they don't have one.
And yes, congrats on the season. Notre Dame has a very good football team. Everything about Notre Dame's way of doing things is an absolute joke, but that football team is legit.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Scottemojo,

I agree ND is pretty good, lets see what happens in title game. This is very odd, I have simliar conversations about my Hawks every monday. I sit with two 49er fans at lunch. If i even mention I like how the hawks defense is shaping up, i am immediately shut down and told the 49ers are better. If i say I like how Wilson is developing, it's no he sucks the niners destroyed him (as if that is the only game that matters??) They go on and on how the seahawks suck since the refs give them thier wins.. blah blah blah.. It feels like the same conversation here.

I think there is something to be said about 11-0. Nice accomplishment give the recent history. I know the haters will always hate.. I should be used to that now as a hawks fan but it still gets under my skin..

Oh I forgot the rant about Pete Carroll being a cheater. I guess the guy in charge of the ND schedule is cheater. We alreay heard ND coach is a clown and they are worse than BYU. Why not just pile on I guess..

SuperHawks

Reaction score
A thread about Notre Dame riddled with jealous haters. Imagine that... :roll:

ND may well lose the game but it will be close right down to the wire. Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
FortWorthSeahawk":1k92hrp1 said:
ND is going to lose by 14+ if they play Alabama; it may be slightly closer if they play Georgia. Alabama's defense is just as good, if not better, than ND's D and their offense is much better. High power offenses that require them to match score for score rather than grind out a game at their pace is what has given them problems in the past (minus the LSU game last year that they lost 9-6). Unless they're planning on suiting up Golden Tate and get a time machine to bring back Tim Brown from 1987 and Raghib Ismail (man was that awesome in college), I just don't see them putting enough offensive pressure through the air to win, and . I haven't seen a lot of Georgia games this year, but they match up well on defense against ND's offense, and depending on what offense shows up, they could lay 30-40 points on ND or struggle to score 20. Sure, they have a chance to beat either team, but I don't think they will.
Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":w19a1i5a said:
FortWorthSeahawk":w19a1i5a said:
Dude, didn't you read the thread? If you don't congratulate Notre Dame and genuflect over their athletic prowess, you were not invited to comment at ALL! You either get on the jock, or get out of this thread, Dammit!

I knew i was doing something wrong. Is it too late to change my post?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
It will be interesting. I don't think ND has the speed to hang with Georgia and Georgia is playing really good football right now. I think ND might(and I mean maybe) actually be be set up better to play Alabama. What it comes down to for me is the trenches. I don't think ND can hang with the offensive and defensive lineman of the SEC. Not only are the defensive lineman huge but they are athletic. Something I just don't think ND can game plan for and something ND will be over matched with, and to me thats the biggest mismatch.

USChawk

Reaction score
We get it Redeye you love you some Notre Dame. That's great. Good luck to them in the national championship. But if you expect others to celebrate their season then you are naive.

I for one despise Notre Dame and always will. It will be very hard to not root for the ground to open up and swallow both Notre Dame and whatever SEC team they play for the national championship as I will hate both teams that are playing. After all this is what I root for when the Niners play the Raiders.

I do think that SEC Fan is underrating NDs defensive line if he thinks they won't hang. They are a really good defensive team.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
SuperHawks":va0q1d29 said:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":36kbp0uk said:
SuperHawks":36kbp0uk said:
Those predicting a blowout are either blissfully ignorant in regards to ND this year or are just good old fashioned haters, it's really as simple as that.

Or perhaps they're merely capable of an unbiased opinion and just disagree with yours?

Could easily be argued that those not predicting a blowout are blissfully ignorant in regards to Alabama this year, who have dominated every team but two - one featuring Johnny Manziel, the other was LSU on the road.

Haha. You're unbiased when it comes to ND? That's rich. Go ahead and read the article linked above if you're interested in "my" position. Sums it up well.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":lhoyd0s8 said:
Why the hell would I be biased to Notre Dame? I have absolutely zero connection to any college team. They are all the same to me. And I'm pretty glad I don't have a team if it makes you paranoid that 'everybody's a hater' just because they think the best team in college football might beat you handsomely.

My bad. I must have mistaken your ridiculous "Michael Floyd is a 5th rounder" prediction as an anti ND bias. My apologies. But please don't try and act like ND doesn't have the most haters out there by far. That's a fact.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Scott you're fantastic...

Get on the jock man!!! come on dude.. lol...

Latest posts