Congrats to Notre Dame

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
A long time.. my grandmother's madian name is Crowley.. I am related to Jim Crowley.. If that means anything to you then you'll know.. I am irish catholic so i am baised. for sure not going to lie..

In summary i wanted to give congrats to Notre Dame tonight.. you know it's been 20 years.. So my bad.. They fought hard and those kids deserve it..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":1avaxr7j said:
Again why are talking about BYU.. are they in the national title hunt?? NO hell NO.. again why read comments that start with BYU?

OMG... If you want my thoughts BYU is a joke.. but who cares what I think.. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE... period

Because they played each other head to head. The game was even the entire way. I watched it. Did you? I watched every Notre Dame game this year. I also watched every BYU game this year. So I was making a direct comparison since they also played each other. People here are comparing Oregon and Notre Dame. They didn't play against each other. I was using BYU as a measuring stick since they did play Notre Dame head to head and I have watched all of both of their games, so I was trying to make a comparison. At the end of the day BYU is a very BAD team, as is Pitt. Notre Dame is playing for a national championship. That's why I brought them up.

What exactly does "you are what you are" mean? If you have a problem with me, then I am not exactly sure what I did to you. State it like a man. Don't beat around the bush and insinuate crap Redeye. You don't like me? Congrats. Block me. Don't sit here and talk crap about me though because I stated an opinion on a team and used a direct comparison on two teams that opposed each other a couple of weeks ago. Your attitude toward me for stating my opinion is entirely uncalled for and I don't think I should have to put up with it when I think I was making a very valid point. This is a message board where we share opinions. You however have chosen to go after me for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that's horseshit sir.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I'm not against feeling good, but you have to understand that this isn't a great team, it isn't even a great ND team, the last one of those was 93. I think what makes this so enjoyable is what also makes people not respect the fact that ND is ranked 1 in the country. This isn't a great team, this isnt a dominating team, they win on guts, coaching and toughness, not talent. That's endearing and I can respect that. But this isn't a great squad.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Shark Hawk, Tommy Reese played in that game.. different game different day.. end of story is Notre Dame is 11-0.. What is BYU and WHY DO YOU keep bring them up?.. I am sorry not wanting to offend but really??

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Ok, Redeye... I see... you celebrate your team winning by acting like a d-bag to a Mormon? Is that WHAT I AM? Is that what makes you so ANGRY HULK?!! I said I watched every Notre Dame game. I can't say enough about Manti Te'o or his play. I think he's awesome. I said so. I also have many friends and relatives who are friends and relatives of his. I want to see him succeed. I'm proud of him and his whole team. I said so. I'm Scottish. Isn't that nifty? Congrats on being Irish and celebrating your win by just being an insufferable jerk.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SharkHawk":1ih0vr7o said:
redeye81":1ih0vr7o said:
Again why are talking about BYU.. are they in the national title hunt?? NO hell NO.. again why read comments that start with BYU?

OMG... If you want my thoughts BYU is a joke.. but who cares what I think.. YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE... period

Because they played each other head to head. The game was even the entire way. I watched it. Did you? I watched every Notre Dame game this year. I also watched every BYU game this year. So I was making a direct comparison since they also played each other. People here are comparing Oregon and Notre Dame. They didn't play against each other. I was using BYU as a measuring stick since they did play Notre Dame head to head and I have watched all of both of their games, so I was trying to make a comparison. At the end of the day BYU is a very BAD team, as is Pitt. Notre Dame is playing for a national championship. That's why I brought them up.

What exactly does "you are what you are" mean? If you have a problem with me, then I am not exactly sure what I did to you. State it like a man. Don't beat around the bush and insinuate crap Redeye. You don't like me? Congrats. Block me. Don't sit here and talk crap about me though because I stated an opinion on a team and used a direct comparison on two teams that opposed each other a couple of weeks ago. Your attitude toward me for stating my opinion is entirely uncalled for and I don't think I should have to put up with it when I think I was making a very valid point. This is a message board where we share opinions. You however have chosen to go after me for no apparent reason. Sorry, but that's horseshit sir.

Yo Shark. I agree with all you said, just pointing out that I think his "you are who you are" comment was about Notre Dame, Not about you, cuz he used that in several posts. He was just saying even if we dont like it they're undefeated, so they are what they are. Other then that, preach on my friend.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Shark Hawk, I am not being a d-bag to a mormon for no reason.. I WOULD 100% give props to BYU if they deserved it.. No joke one of my best friends is a mormon. BUT you seem to be bent on slamming Notre Dame for reasons other than football.. If you WIN you WIN right???

I am sorry if i came offf wrong but you give me bad vibes.. sorry probably my bad..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":257ud0wq said:
Shark Hawk, Tommy Reese played in that game.. different game different day.. end of story is Notre Dame is 11-0.. What is BYU and WHY DO YOU keep bring them up?.. I am sorry not wanting to offend but really??

BS, you entirely wanted to offend. That was the entire point of your completely juvenile post sir. 100%.

I told you before. I brought up BYU since they were an opponent that has a decent defense, and no offense and played even. This was my concern about Notre Dame moving on to a championship game. I don't think they'll fare well based on my watching each game as somebody who analyzes them. You think I've got it for BYU like you do for Notre Dame? NO. I live locally and have many very very tight connections with the team, so I watch them. I don't really even vote for them. At this point in my life I spend more time scouting individual players and also teams for weaknesses and strengths. I saw them in Notre Dame in a head to head matchup against two bad teams in Pitt and BYU. If those games are indicators (which they should be as they were two games ND played this very season) then Notre Dame is going to get pummeled in a BCS game.

My point about BYU was that they were about even with Notre Dame, and I don't even think they deserve a bowl game, and yet Notre Dame is playing for a National Championship. Football is a game of analysis, trends, and so on. You don't see why I was discussing the teams they played before? Because it pertains to how they play and how I think they'll play in a championship game. Sorry you don't get it. That's on you. Not me. Sorry you hate my opinion. Don't read it. But don't go on the attack on me either because you don't like what I have to say.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Besides Shark Hawk.. I started this thread to celebrate Notre Dame.. is that too much for you?

You come here (not just you) and bash them.. Hey they are not the prefect but they are really insperational to many people this year.. why do so many have to bash them? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD...

JSeahawks

Reaction score
redeye81":2xq6d2y7 said:
Besides Shark Hawk.. I started this thread to celebrate Notre Dame.. is that too much for you?

You come here (not just you) and bash them.. Hey they are not the prefect but they are really insperational to many people this year.. why do so many have to bash them? LOOK AT THE TITLE OF THE THREAD...

Be thankful people are bashing them. If they weren't playing in the title game, nobody would care. When yo'ure good, you get hated. Comes with the territory, if you think ND's success is going to be sustained you better get used to it.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
SharkHawk, with your approval can i start a thread to congratulate Notre dame for what they did this year? I know they suck and should have lost many times but can you be kind enough to allow some celabration? I mean going undefeated (no matter the circumstance is really worth noting right???)..

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":imvnoumo said:

Sniff Sniff. Poor redeye got his feelings hurt. I'm sorry. All I did was chime in with my CONGRATS For your team. Did you see that part? No, because you were too busy getting worked up at anybody who dared say something negative about them. I said positive, but I also stated what I felt was truth. They didn't impress all year like so many champions have. Get used to it. BYU fans have had to listen to how their 1984 championship was illegit for nearly 30 years. Guess what.... this isn't a place where you can just put up a post and decide who responds to it or not, but you do have the wonderful option of ignoring me from here on. I'm not going to back down after I came and congratulated your team and said how proud I was of a kid I've known since he was about 9 for making it to a title game. I thought it was cool. If you don't want opinions? Don't start posts. You want to do that, then start a post and get it locked at the top. I'm sure the mods would oblige every time somebody wants to make a post and doesn't want responses because somehow by being the OP they OWN that post and nobody else can comment. Your lack of sense here is really baffling. But congrats on the win. I guess you are who you are or something.... whatever that means.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
redeye81":269pudrs said:
SharkHawk, with your approval can i start a thread to congratulate Notre dame for what they did this year? I know they suck and should have lost many times but can you be kind enough to allow some celabration? I mean going undefeated (no matter the circumstance is really worth noting right???)..

Now you're just being a martyr. Your team won and is playing for a national championship and you're going to let my game analysis bring you down? Holy crap. Give me a break redeye. You want me to feel bad for you? Want to celebrate? Run in the streets and scream. Call your friends. Post a facebook status about it! If anybody questions you, punch them in the face. I didn't realize celebration posts were to be ignored. I'll keep that in mind moving forward. Good luck in your championship game. I hope your team wins. When you celebrate I'll make sure not to congratulate you as I wouldn't want to irritate you and give you further opportunities for martyrdom.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
Sharkhawk, wow the anger.! hey good luck to you.. I hope you calm down.. i started this thread as a congrats.. i should have known better.. thanks for reminding me.. Your analysis trumps anything positive said about my team... I get it..

seahawk2k

Reaction score
There isn't a more polarizing team in college football. How, as a diehard longtime ND fan are you not used to this response?

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
your right.. ND gets bashed all the time.. Most of the time for good reason.. THis year they really earned a chance.. They won every game presented to them.. Shame on me for gettting excited and congratulating them..

seahawk2k

Reaction score
You didn't read this whole thread did you redeye, look at my post before that.

This is selective reading at its best. Forget ND, Congrats to you, well done.

OP
OP
R

redeye81

Reaction score
I mean really .. ok we can say Notre dame sucked for many years.. It is what it is.. This year they finally may amount to something (they have a chance)... and we can't stop and congratulate them?

They might get blown out by some SEC team (very possible) but damn they shown alot of heart and I admire them for it..

Latest posts