Tebow suffered broken ribs vs. Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeak

Reaction score
1) Great Seahawks keep injurin players affecting their NEXT game...

2) TEBOW made religion an issue. He put it front and center that makes it all fair game for jokes and support of him. You don't see ANY other player ridiculed for their religion. When you make a point of shoving it in people's faces then deal with it....

thehands816

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1hd29zvi said:
Navyhawkfan187":1hd29zvi said:
JSeahawks":1hd29zvi said:
Why cant everybody, believers and non believers alike, just accept that not everybody has the same beliefs? Somebody should be able to thank God, or talk about being a believer without non believers bitching about it. How does it hurt you when Tim Tebow thanks God? I dont see him slapping you in the face with a bible and telling you that you must believe.

And I've yet to see anyone slapped in the face with a physics book and told they can't.

Exactly. So what is the point in complaining about someone else's beliefs? Let people believe what they want. Its not that hard to ignore it.

This is such a double standard that nonbelievers face all the time.

What started this whole thing was someone making an innocent joke about Tebow praying his injury away, which I found funny, and then being told quite seriously to quiet down his "disdain for religion and those who believe." Is that letting people believe what they want? Is that ignoring it? I don't think so.

thehands816

Reaction score
SNDavidson":2vhn0faz said:
It was clever and I appreciated it. I'm so sick of religious people parading their beliefs and then chastising those who voice their nonbelief. Deal with it.

So basically you're a hater? What a tough guy... :roll:

You don't know me at all. I'm the opposite of a hater. I don't believe in hate. Unlike many, I refuse to even use the word in my everyday language. There is too much of it in the world.

I merely appreciated a clever response. I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I'm just tired of people demanding respect for their beliefs and then showing no respect for others in return.

Am I tough? Yes. Because I stand up for what I believe is right. But I don't hate.

thehands816

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2rluxbvh said:
What if he was thanking the devil after every play? Or saying that Charles Manson was his inspiration?

Somehow then his beliefs wouldn't be so easily accepted.

Thank you. Although I hope no one would ever claim Manson as an inspiration. What a horrible person and an awful thought. But I understand your point.

This is a nation that was founded on both freedom of, and freedom FROM, religion. Somehow, the last part is too often forgotten. I respect everyone's right to believe what they want. I merely stand up for those who do not believe, and are all too often attacked for it.

Those who do not believe have just as much right to express their nonbelief and be respected as those who constantly express their belief and demand respect for it. It goes both ways.

thehands816

Reaction score
[/quote]Why cant everybody, believers and non believers alike, just accept that not everybody has the same beliefs? Somebody should be able to thank God, or talk about being a believer without non believers bitching about it. How does it hurt you when Tim Tebow thanks God? I dont see him slapping you in the face with a bible and telling you that you must believe.[/quote]

I do accept that everyone has different beliefs. The problem is that nonbelievers don't get the same acceptance or respect. You prove my point in your own statement. You say we should all be able to accept each other's beliefs. But you thanking God is okay, and someone saying God doesn't exist is bitching. If you should be able to talk about your belief without someone "bitching" as you put it, then others should have the same right to talk about nonbelief without you complaining.

And I never said anything about Tebow. He can believe anything he wants, regardless of whether I agree with it. I get tired of hearing about it, but I never even mentioned Tebow. I merely stood up for someone else's right to voice their opinion.

thehands816

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":34y58m58 said:
PlinytheCenter":34y58m58 said:
SacHawk2.0":34y58m58 said:
I wonder if he's tried to pray the broken ribs away. If that works then maybe he could pray for the ability to read defenses and good passing mechanics.

Your clear disdain for religion and those who choose to follow it has been repeatedly noted. Got it.

Give it a rest.

Seriously.... +10

Those who bash religion are worse than those who follow it.

Stay Classy.

Yeah, real classy response on your part. Look, you can believe what you want. But you also have to give the same respect to those who don't believe and respect their right to voice their opinion equally.

Sac

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":18b8zjo8 said:
SacHawk2.0":18b8zjo8 said:
I wonder if he's tried to pray the broken ribs away. If that works then maybe he could pray for the ability to read defenses and good passing mechanics.

Your clear disdain for religion and those who choose to follow it has been repeatedly noted. Got it.

Give it a rest.

LMAO. Or you could just take that shit as a joke which is how it was meant. If not, the tampons are on aisle 9.

thehands816

Reaction score
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Now can we get back to talking about football please?

Sac

Reaction score
thehands816":2a3mjik8 said:
Look everyone, this whole discussion started because a couple people made funny comments that someone didn't like because they apparently showed a "disdain for religion." The last thing I want to do is get into a religion argument here, but I will speak up if I must. And in this case, I had no choice.

Tim Tebow has bad passing mechanics, and broken ribs. Whatever can he do to fix that?

thehands816

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":17zo8m8a said:
thehands816":17zo8m8a said:

Tim Tebow has bad passing mechanics, and broken ribs. Whatever can he do to fix that?

Well, he can rely on doctors and pharmaceutical science to fix his ribs and LOTS of coaching to fix his mechanics. Although I think he's beyond help at this point in terms of QB play. He shouldn't be replacing Sanchez, someone else should. Then Tebow can stand next to their real QB on 3rd down instead of replacing him, and then take the handoff and run like hell with it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":115incap said:
thehands816":115incap said:

I think he should pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts