Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)

CANHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":ba7vfj0x said:
Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)

Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":17ajk4i6 said:
loafoftatupu":17ajk4i6 said:

Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.

This, I really want to beat them into submission like we did Dallas.

mretrade

Reaction score
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SeaWolv":3rrgqsd6 said:
Bipolar":3rrgqsd6 said:
this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.

Tate made contact with the ball first with his left hand and never lost control of it. Two hands on the ball doesn't mean the player has control and more control has no relevance. Tate clearly does have control since he is pulling Jennings down to the ground. So much so that his head is almost even with his waist. If you look at the King 5 footage from the back of the end zone you can see that Jennings is trying to rip the ball from Tate as soon as they hit the ground. Why would he need to do that if he had control?
This...too many people try to argue that two hands on the ball=control. No! 1 hand on the ball and a helmet (Tyree) is also control as well as one hand on the ball and another player's hands. There's no such thing as more control in terms of the NFL and its rules. Just because Jennings had both hands on it does not mean he has more rights to it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
mretrade":ee3h6azm said:
My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After seeing their reaction to that call, I wonder what they would think about having the Testabutcher TD happen to them?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":1hf7qma8 said:
Game 3 of the regular season compared to a Superbowl. Yeah, very comparable. Unlike Superbowl XL, the officials upheld their call after the Packers game. Everyone and their momma knows what went down. Let's not try to equate the Packers' plight with ours, even if it was a bad call.

Veilside

Reaction score
The media still hates the Tate catch? I'm pretty sure the Tate catch is a wet dream come true for the media.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2idgmv38 said:
mretrade":2idgmv38 said:

It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.

This ^^^

The picture is pertinent because it was shot from the angle the official was viewing from when he made the call. NONE of replay angles offer enough to come close to overturning that. TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!
"Hilarious" is how the East coast-biased mediots have nothing but subjective analysis the to build upon the hype and rage, but, hey, we should be used to that by now.

drdiags

Reaction score
In the words of the eternal Steve "Mooch" Mariucci after the press told him the NFL admitted the refs missed the pass interference call on the final play of the NY Giants/49ers playoff game:

"Bummer."

Scottemojo

Reaction score
mretrade":1ftvfbv2 said:

Your chastisement has helped me see the error or my ways.
:49ersmall:

Throwdown

Reaction score
mretrade":1uwwmamt said:

Honestly, why do you think we'd care if you respected us or not?

BASF

Reaction score
The funny thing is that most people don't even remember that Tirico called it a simultaneous catch as it actually happened. The only reason he didn't say it again is because Gruden, who has ties to Green Bay mind you started on the rant about how it should have been an interception. Then after the game, another couple of former players who have disliked the Seahawks go on their rants about how it shouldn't have been a catch and viola, you have most people thinking it was called incorrectly. Then on the next days Sportscenter they never even showed the bogus pass interference against Chancellor that gave them their only TD drive. It was on that nights Sportscenter, but they needed to edit that out to make their point about the media darlings being jobbed.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I just love people were talking about the Seahawks and Tate, it was fantastic. And to piss of the east coast media and the darlings of the NFL the Packers, even better!

People are still attacking Wilson and Tate on FB and twitter, we even (as seen above) have Packer fans creeping around STILL crying about it.

Embrace the hate folks, that anger and jealousy directed our way... you know what that is? Relevance. And it feels so good. I rather be hated than ignored.

elite-daily-golden-tate-seahawks-packers.jpg

Jville

Reaction score
The media is feasting. NFL New York lost control of the league a long time ago. League officials act like a bunch of lawyers running the NFL into the ground ...... much like what is happening in Washington DC.

More evidence >>>>
So it’s surprising that Stafford wasn’t fined. I asked the league office to shed some light on why Vick was fined but Stafford wasn’t, but I got no response.

That sounds so familiar.

Source >>> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... low-block/

haroldseattle

Reaction score
At first I thought , wow, we sure got lucky there. If the call was right or wrong doesn't really matter because tough call, lucky calls, or whatever you want to call them happen all the time.Water under the bridge so to speak. The more the media and Packers fans hold on to this call, the more I hope it cost them. Packers are such media darlings ! I hope we meet in the playoffs and kick their wimpy whiny asses.

CANHawk

Reaction score
At this rate, I think I want to get a 12 jersey with "HE HATE ME" on the back. Embrace the hate. Give in to the Dark Side....

I hope we not only play GB in the playoffs, but we play them at Lambeau. Then I hope we beat their asses into the ground and tate spikes the ball on the G a'la TO. Screw those clowns and screw their "history"...