Does anyone else think we should draft another LB?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That 77 yarder was partially everyone's fault, IMO. Didn't even see Wagner at all, Kam overpursued, Sherman couldn't stop it, etc, etc, etc. Browner showed he's a much better athlete than he ever was in college. I bet being down to 210 this year is a big thing for him. He's put in work bigtime.

JKent82

Reaction score
I think LB is that last spot we can add an instant upgrade to our defense and take it to the next level. We could add a better three tech, but that takes time, and a nickel corner takes time and isn't on the field quite as much.

Alec Ogletree has been described as such. A pass rushing/coverage combo is exactly what we need in a third linebacker. A guy who can get home to the QB pass rushing and can play effective man coverage or drop deep in coverage. A young Julian Peterson that is just a weapon on the field.

That said Pete and John have been stockpiling smaller athletic LB's in the hope one of them can step up and take Leroy's job. LB is definitely a luxury pick and there are other areas we could invest in before getting a LB.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
CANHawk":38p3t64w said:
themunn":38p3t64w said:
Also, I didn't think our run defense was THAT bad with Mike Morgan against the Vikes - the 77 yard run came with KJ on the field, and whilst AP burst a few 10-20 yard runs (5 i think) after that, he was mostly contained. And AP does that to a lot of good teams.

IIRC, the big ADP run was partially KJ's fault. wasn't it him that over-pursued him to the sideline where he should have been corralled against the sideline for a modest gain but then got juked out of his jockeys when ADP made that wicked cut inside?

Hugh Millen was saying that KJ Wright got a concussion on the previous play which is why he did so poorly to contain AP in the big run. I believe they took him out after that play.

CANHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1439tnj2 said:
That 77 yarder was partially everyone's fault, IMO. Didn't even see Wagner at all, Kam overpursued, Sherman couldn't stop it, etc, etc, etc. Browner showed he's a much better athlete than he ever was in college. I bet being down to 210 this year is a big thing for him. He's put in work bigtime.

I'm probably wrong then, but I thought KJ was over there cuz it was a run to the strong side... but I admit I haven't watched it in a while (and I think I only watched it once or twice when I did). Just seem to remember having a "WTFKJ" moment when I saw it.

And you seriously can't see Deadpool doing a little dance like that as he mocks some asshat who can't kill him? I totally can...

dunceface

Reaction score
Welcome Dabhawk! Two of my favorite things, dabs and the Hawks :16:
And I would have to agree on us having the luxury of going bpa which will allow us to get the right LB at the right time
WWPCJSD

Scottemojo

Reaction score
We gave up less than 200 yards total in that Jets game. Our linebacker play was shaky on a handful of plays, especially on the first drive by the Jets, but Morgan made some damn good plays too.

Could we use a guy to replace Hill? Sure. But all things considered, linebacker is hardly the biggest concern.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
Dabhawk":34oc9h6o said:
:2: This is my first post and I thought I'd jump right into it. first off I was at the jets game and my lord did I miss seeing KJ out there. without him we have a VERY mediocre run defense. I know Mike Morgan wasn't awful in his first start but he's nowhere near as fast or as powerful as KJ. Bobby is a stud and he impresses me every game I watch. I have a feeling he's gonna be a hard stick to break, meaning injuries aren't likely heading his way anytime soon, he's a rook and a damn big one at that. Leroy worries me the most though, yeah he has flashes of elite tackling but he misses more than the other LBs and has a REALLY BAD reaction time. I love Leroy because he was on our XL team and he contributed plenty to that season. I hate to say it but he's getting older and slower and he's the worst LB on our team when it comes to man coverage. I think we draft another LB in the second round like Wagner(LBs aren't worth first round picks, i.e. Curry, Keuchly or whatever that pussy cats name is lol). I think the lower we draft the better players we end up getting which seems like a contradiction to the whole use of rounds but I think it's to hype up the players and media. What do you all think? I think one more solid LB and were division champs by far! GO HAWKS! STAY HIGH! STAY FLY!

BTW: :49ersmall: :D

- yours truly, DabHawk

I would love to see another LB drafted. Alec Ogletree out of Georgia will be your freak. Former safety now LB out of Georgia. Great pass rusher watched a little tape on him and i am not quite sold on him being strong at the point of attack in the running game. But being a former safety tells you first off he is extremely fast and has coverage skills so i think that would be the guy that would fit best.

Another guy i would look for is LB Arthur Brown out of Kansas State. Pete Carroll himself stated when recruiting him that he was bar none the best LB he had ever evaluated. I could see us drafting him and kicking Wagner to OLB possibly because he played MLB and OLB in college. But why mess with something that is working. I love how Wagner plays aggressive hit you in the mouth type guy so i would rather us let him get settled at MLB and maybe move Brown to OLB even though he plays middle at Kansas State.

But trying to predict what we should draft this year is extremely difficult. There are so many different things we could do but it is really hard to find a glaring need right now. For the first time in awhile i am kind of at a loss for what i would want most. When it comes down to it i trust this front office completely with whoever they pick after seeing their picks the past few seasons. I wouldn't want any reciever but a Julio Jones/ Torrey Smith type deep threat. Would like to see a better RT option than Giacomini. Would also like to see us get a DT like Suh that is just a pure everydown DT that can push the pocket consistently in pass rushing situations. But i just don't see one of those in this draft. Another guy i keep hearing more and more about is Ansah from BYU. Just a freak of an athlete for a DE from what i hear couldn't imagine if we had him and Irvin to rush the passer in the future.

All in all i wouldn't be disappointed with a DT, LB, WR, ROT, or DE maybe possibly a ROG if Moffit doesn't step up and assume that position.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Good problem to have.

LB, I think we have our Mike in Wagner and I think he will develop into a stud, so I would be surprised if they brought in someone for the middle but Hill is getting older and is already the weakest link of the group. Will one of the young guys push him out of the way? Maybe but I kind of doubt it unless Hill can stick for another year o
Right now I see a few positions that could benefit from a stud player. TE might be the most glaring but Nickle, LB, RT, DL and DE are all positions that could see improvement with the right type of player. r maybe even two.

WR, I think we are in good position right now as Tate is improving week to week and should only get better with more reps. Baldwin might be replaceable with his injury concerns and the amount of punishment a slot guy takes but overall I see WR as an area we can afford to be patient.

DL, Jones is kind of the key. When healthy he is the perfect example of what you are looking for in the three tech but health seems to be a problem. I think Mebane is solid but needs a guy like Jones to be elite, If Jones can't stay healthy or wants top dollar, I think we have to make that position a top priority come draft time.

DE, as long as Clem keeps his performance up we are probably pretty safe but he is past 30 and we should expect to see drop off soon so finding his replacement is also a priority.

RT, Giacamini (SP) is not bad and now seems to be getting his penalties under control so we aren't really in dire need to replace him. Add in chemistry with time and he has been healthy (knock on wood) and this is a position we can run with until something presents itself.

TE, I love Miller but he is one concussion away from having us in trouble. McCoy seems like he could be the real deal but I suspect his work ethic is not where Carroll wants. It is just a gut feeling but when Pete says compete, I think he places a ton of emphasis on work ethic. I suspect that is why Edwards has trouble seeing time on the field as well as why Wilson was named the starter because there was no question that Flynn was more game ready to start the season and Tate was heavily outclassed by Edwards week one also. Pete preach's the compete mantra because he wants these guys to give everything they have got to the game and he believes that will make them more prepared in the long run. It is really a smart way to go about things because a guy who has all the god given talent but a poor work ethic will often become invisible in games and make bone headed mistakes. He will also set a bad example for others and often cause them to perform poorly. Holding every player accountable and playing the guy who is trying the hardest might see bumps in the road as they learn but if a guy has some talent and is willing to work his ass off, he will usually become a good player and always benefit the team around him.

OP
OP
Dabhawk

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Thank you Radish! I'd like all you .net vets out there to know right off the bat that I am a die hard hawks fan who lives in the Seattle area. just know I'm not a bandwagoner! :D GO HAWWWKS!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
CANHawk":2agl4ai0 said:
vin.couve12":2agl4ai0 said:

I'm probably wrong then, but I thought KJ was over there cuz it was a run to the strong side... but I admit I haven't watched it in a while (and I think I only watched it once or twice when I did). Just seem to remember having a "WTFKJ" moment when I saw it.

And you seriously can't see Deadpool doing a little dance like that as he mocks some asshat who can't kill him? I totally can...
No, you're right, but I think a lot of other guys played it poorly too. Was just adding to it, more or less.

THA SEA MONSTA

Reaction score
if they feel mike morgan or malcom smith wont fit into the hole leroy hill will leave yes

Latest posts