worst seahawks of all time

Atradees

Reaction score
I was thinking this was such a negative thread on thanksgiving has turned into a trip down memory lane.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Deion Branch (sat on his ass collecting a paycheck and contributing precisely jack and shiznit)

Koren Robinson

Darrel Jacksons Knee

Atradees

Reaction score
Pete Hunter!

Taco Wallace!

Alex Bannister lost us the game!

Bumpus! Lamar King!

Oooooohhhhhhhhh. I got one Antwoine Palopei(?) hahahahahahahahah

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Ronnie Harris. Thanks for fumbling all those punts away, jackass.

Glenn Foley and Gino Toretta come to mind as QBs who had no business on an NFL roster.

kearly

Reaction score
Aaron Curry was pretty bad. As I recall he had one of the very worst negative scores from PFF during his rookie season. In the league. He wasn't just a bust, he was actually hurting our defense. Plus he generally wasn't very smart and mouthed off at the end for good measure. I hated that pick before it happened, but me being pessimistic (especially back then) predicted it would happen, and was deeply upset when my prediction was right. I honeymooned as a Cardinals fan for a few weeks, and upon returning to Hawks fandom months before the season started I headed up the Fire Tim Ruskell bandwagon. Enough was enough. When Aaron Curry was dealt, I didn't really celebrate so much as feel relief- that a short yet awful chapter in Seahawks history was finally over.

Two more names worth mentioning: Tom Ashworth and Brian Russell.

Sean Locklear and Kelly Jennings were pretty horrible for a while as well. And I'll never forget 2009 Hasselbeck, especially against Tampa Bay. His "Hassletoss" play will live on forever with me.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2hl58ejp said:
The Boz was awesome.......r.

Didn't want that post to go without at least one "hell yeah".

You're a little over excited though. He was a good player, but I don't think he ever was or would have been a great linebacker.

But it is true that injuries don't make a player a 'bust'.

pehawk

Reaction score
kearly":109tpnw5 said:
Aaron Curry was pretty bad. As I recall he had one of the very worst negative scores from PFF during his rookie season. In the league. He wasn't just a bust, he was actually hurting our defense. Plus he generally wasn't very smart and mouthed off at the end for good measure. I hated that pick before it happened, but me being pessimistic (especially back then) predicted it would happen, and was deeply upset when my prediction was right. I honeymooned as a Cardinals fan for a few weeks, and upon returning to Hawks fandom months before the season started I headed up the Fire Tim Ruskell bandwagon. Enough was enough. When Aaron Curry was dealt, I didn't really celebrate so much as feel relief- that a short yet awful chapter in Seahawks history was finally over.

Sean Locklear and Kelly Jennings were pretty horrible for a while as well. And I'll never forget 2009 Hasselbeck, especially against Tampa Bay. His "Hassletoss" play will live on forever with me.

I remember the Curry draft, I was one of the stupid ones who didn't like the pick. Lots of us dummies were almost banned for going against that grain.

There's a lot of names on here that don't belong. Stouffer's one that DOES belong.

pehawk

Reaction score
slargent4ever":1zn28zeh said:
Ruben Rodriguez.

Now you're talking! His on-field ineptness wasn't enough either. He held out once, then I believe that same year, got popped for roids. I also remember one game he had a few negative punts, like 2 or 3 in a game.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":1t0a99x8 said:

You moonlighted as a Cards fan only for their playoff run right?

pehawk

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1hgfznlu said:
kearly":1hgfznlu said:

You moonlighted as a Cards fan only for their playoff run right?

Ooooooooooooooooooo!

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Brian Russell, Craig Terill, and that backup safety who substituted in for the Super Bowl when our starter got injured (Pruitt I think his name was)

pehawk

Reaction score
Brian Russell, another chump who not liking got me flamed, called stupid and banishment threatened.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Although he wasn't on my list (as I was in the RW camp, and had very low expectations for Flynn) Im sure Matt Flynn has to be on this list somewhere for some of you. I think he disapointed a large group of this forum judging by all the Wilson vs Flynn threads.

Kelly Jennings & Deion Branch have to be on that list....Aaron Curry was aweful.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Throwdown":31o0t0ax said:
hawksfan515":31o0t0ax said:
Kolsteseahawks":31o0t0ax said:
Tarvaris Jackson and Kelly Jennings

aww you know Tarvaris wasn't that bad.

He really wasn't, but I secretly have this weird man crush on TJ and its not for talent. Dudes just a genuinely good dude, rather see him than Flynn on the sideline moping around looking an entitled ass.

I'm sleep though..

That's all well and good as long as he would remain on the sideline. Needing to be pressed into service, I'd much rather see Flynn warming up.

Just so you know, everyone that has a man crush on Tarvaris does not factor talent into the equation.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I just remembered the answer to this thread, and we might as well close the thread after this post because nobody can argue.

Boone Stutz. That horrible long snapper we had for a few weeks back in 2006 or 2007. He only had one job to do and he did it horribly. I remember every single punt, field goal, and extra point being an adventure. Then we signed Jeff Robinson and it literally felt like we signed some All Pro Quarterback to come in and lift the team.

He was the worst seahawk ever. End of discussion.

Throwdown

Reaction score
rideaducati":1k7s8vgt said:
Just so you know, everyone that has a man crush on Tarvaris does not factor talent into the equation.

But he was never as bad as people wanted to make him out to be.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2u2gt7hk said:
SharkHawk":2u2gt7hk said:
The Boz was awesome.......r.

Didn't want that post to go without at least one "hell yeah".

You're a little over excited though. He was a good player, but I don't think he ever was or would have been a great linebacker.

But it is true that injuries don't make a player a 'bust'.

I was just reading through this thread for the first time and I was surprised it took this long to get a hell yeah on that post.

I don't remember the Boz in any great deal because it was quite a while ago and I've been hit in the head a lot since then, but I don't remember this horrible doufus everyone wants to paint him as. But really with the hype that followed Boz to town, a performance anything short of being Lawrence Taylor-like would've been a letdown in a lot of people's eyes.

Great post though Shark (and it all fit on one page too! ;) )

But yeah, to contribute... from recent memory; Ricki "Training camp practice sack leader" Foley.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Throwdown":1h3vnjfg said:
rideaducati":1h3vnjfg said:

But he was never as bad as people wanted to make him out to be.

Yeah, he's not like Dan McGuire bad.... He managed to lead this team to a 7-9 record. That's not possible if you are one of the worst Seahawks ever playing QB. Even with the defense and running game we had.