New DVOA ratings, Seahawks #9 O, #2 D, #9 ST

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawksfan515":mq8ye6q7 said:
RolandDeschain":mq8ye6q7 said:
Weighted are the numbers that really matter, where we're #11 for special teams; but still, this is great. Obviously, we all know our offense has improved by leaps and bounds the past few games, but I didn't realize our overall ranking had climbed quite so much. This is awesome.

ABANDON SHIP! WE FELL TO #11 ON SPECIAL TEAMS RANKINGS!

:sarcasm_off: ;)

Fire Brian Schneider! (He's probably the brother of John, so it only makes sense to get rid of the nepotism, amirite?)

Twisted

Reaction score
Superbowl futures odds are still 30-1 for the Hawks

Minnesota 80-1.. I like this one, Value bet

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3egt7u4h said:

Lol, don't get on my case about it, I'm just saying that the weighted (i.e., more recent) ST rankings have us dropping the figurative ball on special teams, compared to earlier in the season.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":auhkkkvc said:
hawksfan515":auhkkkvc said:

Lol, don't get on my case about it, I'm just saying that the weighted (i.e., more recent) ST rankings have us dropping the figurative ball on special teams, compared to earlier in the season.

Yeah, I'm alright with it as long as we don't see that in our offense (Weighted is a higher) and defense (when you are ranked that high it's hard to get too much higher when weighted, and we only drop .1% in weighted defense. Not much at all).

Sac

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1p2ap2e0 said:
falcongoggles":1p2ap2e0 said:
SacHawk2.0":1p2ap2e0 said:
I just wet myself, championship style.

I would like to hear more about this and how it is different than normal wetting of oneself.
Got to be all about quantity man. At least that's my guess. What say you Sac?

Pretty much. The amount of moisture is much higher when wetting ones self championship style.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":2x3a9clh said:
Those statistics state what I have suspected all season long. Our corners are so good they literally delete the #1 and #2 WRs from the stat sheet. They are so good, in fact, that QBs rarely test them, instead opting to throw over the middle of the field on short/intermediate distance passes, or hitting RBs in the flat on screens and swing routes. Nothing else is open for them.

What impresses me most is that we do this primarily with man coverage. Man cover corners are a dying breed in the modern NFL (though they may be coming back thanks to us), making good ones very rare and difficult to find in the draft. Thanks to our simply amazing scouting efforts, we have two elite man cover corners, which lets us play cover 1 and even cover 0 looks without it being too risky to attempt.

Compare this to the days when Trufant and Jennings were our starting corners. Trufant was never bad, but even during his Pro Bowl year, he was no Brandon Browner or Richard Sherman.
Very well said!

kearly

Reaction score
Seattle is now #4 in overall DVOA, behind just Denver, New England, and SF. SF is #1 at 41%, which is pretty amazing considering that most of that was with Alex Smith at QB.

kearly

Reaction score
Twisted":3799nz3k said:
Superbowl futures odds are still 30-1 for the Hawks

BFS had something like $1000 on the Seahawks back when they were 75-1 earlier this year. I can't remember exactly but it was something like that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vance_jetzt":2ka98yms said:
Would the #3/#4 WR go on tru's & LB's lack of defense?

I think "inexperience" is a better term for our linebackers. Another part of it, like Smokin pointed out, is QB's throwing over the middle so much because there's nowhere else for them to go. Very few QB's can string together repeated long drives with that.

jewhawk

Reaction score
kearly":2one39xf said:
Seattle is now #4 in overall DVOA, behind just Denver, New England, and SF. SF is #1 at 41%, which is pretty amazing considering that most of that was with Alex Smith at QB.
The 49ers were ranked #6 last week. They got a huge bump for the way they manhandled a Bears team that was top-5 by DVOA, but I'm pretty sure the numbers don't account for Cutler being unavailable for that game.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
jewhawk":338c8nqy said:
kearly":338c8nqy said:
The 49ers were ranked #6 last week. They got a huge bump for the way they manhandled a Bears team that was top-5 by DVOA, but I'm pretty sure the numbers don't account for Cutler being unavailable for that game.

They also don't account for Colin Kaepernick having a better game than Smith has had all season...against a top 5 DVOA bears D that didn't show up to play.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Alex smith had 211 yards 2 td's week 1 , 226 yards 2 td's week 2, 303 yards 3 td's week 5, 232 yards 3 td's week 8.

Now I hate the 9ers with a passion but I can't watch as a blatantly incorrect stat is thrown around.