Statement game on our way to being elite.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • We have made already made 1 major statement this year by beating the Pats and Packers at home.

Those statements were that this defense, at home, can contain any team in the league and it is for real.

Now we need to make a second statement.

That statement is that we are expected to handle inferior teams on the road.

I frankly give us a pass for our two tough division losses to Arizona and St. Louis earlier this year as our offense was finding its feet. The other road losses were tough games (SF and Det) and I certainly think if we had the fortune of having Arizona and St. Louis at home early, and on the road at the end we would have won both.

Regardless, if we are going to have any chance of making play-off noise - we have to learn how to travel well. Games against the Bills and Dolphins will at least give us a barometer of where we are at. Both teams have bad defenses and mediocre/bad offenses. If we don't look dominant in at least one of the games I would be very disappointed.

Moreover, The Chicago game will clearly tell us how well our offense travels as, no matter how bad their offense is, scoring points on Chicago, in Chicago is huge.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

• I personally think we should win our 3 remaining road games. We are better than Miami, Chicago and Buffalo.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• Yes, yes, and yes.
    "Tracy Porter lost his manhood when Marshawn stiff armed him" some dude on youtube.
    suppaball
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• suppaball wrote:Yes, yes, and yes.

Agree, and love the avatar.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Yep. The Chicago game might be the toughest of the three. But I still think they come out with the win.
    Claden
    NET Rookie

• We match up very well with the Bears. Especially on defense. Sherman can handle Marshall, we're stout against the run.. and our pass rush should actually appear on the road for once with their awful OL.

The x-factor is Cutler. He can either throw for 350 and 3 .. or 70 and 3 picks. There's not much in between with him.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• FlyingGreg wrote:I personally think we should win our 3 remaining road games. We are better than Miami, Chicago and Buffalo.

I, for one, am a lot less scared of the Bears than I was 3 days ago. When you look at their wins it's clear they've feasted on inferiors teams like Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville and St. Louis.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• If Cutler comes back, they are a completely different team, that is far from an easy game.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• We're gonna be a 5-7 pt dog in Chicago. 1 at a time boys. Lets work on winning road games vs. bad teams before we get too cocky.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• Exactly. Beat the Dolphins first.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• With Jason Campbell throwing the ball in Chi-Town.. We can beat the Bears at Soldier Field. We beat them with Pete Carroll coaching on their turf before. We can do it again, especially with a promising young QB and a much better defense. Sherman and Thomas are going to pick Campbell apart.
    ~ The Stache'
    Zowert
    NET Veteran

• Zowert wrote:With Jason Campbell throwing the ball in Chi-Town.. We can beat the Bears at Soldier Field. We beat them with Pete Carroll coaching on their turf before. We can do it again, especially with a promising young QB and a much better defense. Sherman and Thomas are going to pick Campbell apart.

I have no doubt that the Bears and Cutler are doing whatever they can to make sure that he's ready to go by our game. No way do they want a repeat of last season's meltdown.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

• I am of the one game at a time philosophy myself. Got to get up for even the weakest opponent. I still say this is a ten win team. And bet the Bears will be watching our next game very closely.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• TDOTSEAHAWK wrote:We have made already made 1 major statement this year by beating the Pats and Packers at home.

Those statements were that this defense, at home, can contain any team in the league and it is for real.

Now we need to make a second statement.

That statement is that we are expected to handle inferior teams on the road.

I frankly give us a pass for our two tough division losses to Arizona and St. Louis earlier this year as our offense was finding its feet. The other road losses were tough games (SF and Det) and I certainly think if we had the fortune of having Arizona and St. Louis at home early, and on the road at the end we would have won both.

Regardless, if we are going to have any chance of making play-off noise - we have to learn how to travel well. Games against the Bills and Dolphins will at least give us a barometer of where we are at. Both teams have bad defenses and mediocre/bad offenses. If we don't look dominant in at least one of the games I would be very disappointed.

Moreover, The Chicago game will clearly tell us how well our offense travels as, no matter how bad their offense is, scoring points on Chicago, in Chicago is huge.

Maybe he

should fill a couple of these

full of these

and fly them here

so they can cheer for

who has no fear like

and witness these guys

get after this guy

who will have this place

looking like this place

by halftime!!
    Last edited by Mistashoesta on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    San Fransisco. Still partying like it's 1981.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Been reading this board for a long time.That there is one of the best post ever.And yes I agree
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

• Hasselbeck wrote:We match up very well with the Bears. Especially on defense. Sherman can handle Marshall, we're stout against the run.. and our pass rush should actually appear on the road for once with their awful OL.

The x-factor is Cutler. He can either throw for 350 and 3 .. or 70 and 3 picks. There's not much in between with him.

the other x factor is their crappy field
    OneLofaTatupu
    * NET Shrink *

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information