Statement game on our way to being elite.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
We have made already made 1 major statement this year by beating the Pats and Packers at home.

Those statements were that this defense, at home, can contain any team in the league and it is for real.

Now we need to make a second statement.

That statement is that we are expected to handle inferior teams on the road.

I frankly give us a pass for our two tough division losses to Arizona and St. Louis earlier this year as our offense was finding its feet. The other road losses were tough games (SF and Det) and I certainly think if we had the fortune of having Arizona and St. Louis at home early, and on the road at the end we would have won both.

Regardless, if we are going to have any chance of making play-off noise - we have to learn how to travel well. Games against the Bills and Dolphins will at least give us a barometer of where we are at. Both teams have bad defenses and mediocre/bad offenses. If we don't look dominant in at least one of the games I would be very disappointed.

Moreover, The Chicago game will clearly tell us how well our offense travels as, no matter how bad their offense is, scoring points on Chicago, in Chicago is huge.

Claden

Reaction score
Yep. The Chicago game might be the toughest of the three. But I still think they come out with the win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
We match up very well with the Bears. Especially on defense. Sherman can handle Marshall, we're stout against the run.. and our pass rush should actually appear on the road for once with their awful OL.

The x-factor is Cutler. He can either throw for 350 and 3 .. or 70 and 3 picks. There's not much in between with him.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2q5g3luz said:
I personally think we should win our 3 remaining road games. We are better than Miami, Chicago and Buffalo.

I, for one, am a lot less scared of the Bears than I was 3 days ago. When you look at their wins it's clear they've feasted on inferiors teams like Carolina, Tennessee, Jacksonville and St. Louis.

Tical21

Reaction score
We're gonna be a 5-7 pt dog in Chicago. 1 at a time boys. Lets work on winning road games vs. bad teams before we get too cocky.

Zowert

Reaction score
With Jason Campbell throwing the ball in Chi-Town.. We can beat the Bears at Soldier Field. We beat them with Pete Carroll coaching on their turf before. We can do it again, especially with a promising young QB and a much better defense. Sherman and Thomas are going to pick Campbell apart.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Zowert":3hdvs802 said:
With Jason Campbell throwing the ball in Chi-Town.. We can beat the Bears at Soldier Field. We beat them with Pete Carroll coaching on their turf before. We can do it again, especially with a promising young QB and a much better defense. Sherman and Thomas are going to pick Campbell apart.

I have no doubt that the Bears and Cutler are doing whatever they can to make sure that he's ready to go by our game. No way do they want a repeat of last season's meltdown.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I am of the one game at a time philosophy myself. Got to get up for even the weakest opponent. I still say this is a ten win team. And bet the Bears will be watching our next game very closely.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":y8ow0m6d said:
We have made already made 1 major statement this year by beating the Pats and Packers at home.

Those statements were that this defense, at home, can contain any team in the league and it is for real.

Now we need to make a second statement.

That statement is that we are expected to handle inferior teams on the road.

I frankly give us a pass for our two tough division losses to Arizona and St. Louis earlier this year as our offense was finding its feet. The other road losses were tough games (SF and Det) and I certainly think if we had the fortune of having Arizona and St. Louis at home early, and on the road at the end we would have won both.

Regardless, if we are going to have any chance of making play-off noise - we have to learn how to travel well. Games against the Bills and Dolphins will at least give us a barometer of where we are at. Both teams have bad defenses and mediocre/bad offenses. If we don't look dominant in at least one of the games I would be very disappointed.

Moreover, The Chicago game will clearly tell us how well our offense travels as, no matter how bad their offense is, scoring points on Chicago, in Chicago is huge.

Maybe he
Paulallen

should fill a couple of these

full of these
20111002 sea atl blog0009

and fly them here
Florida map

so they can cheer for
120910-wilson-480.jpg

who has no fear like
Kickboxer1

and witness these guys
Instagram

get after this guy
LlMiamiDolphinsvCarolinaPanthersvD1jjWFo fEl

who will have this place
Travel nfl dolphinstad 580

looking like this place
KulalaDL 042

by halftime!!

piston bully

Reaction score
Been reading this board for a long time.That there is one of the best post ever.And yes I agree

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":met62ryc said:
We match up very well with the Bears. Especially on defense. Sherman can handle Marshall, we're stout against the run.. and our pass rush should actually appear on the road for once with their awful OL.

The x-factor is Cutler. He can either throw for 350 and 3 .. or 70 and 3 picks. There's not much in between with him.

the other x factor is their crappy field