Go Card!

SEC FAN

Reaction score
jhawk91":294j3ywf said:
Go away troll, where where you when Bama lost?

I was banned. I was banned for giving props to Oregons defense for only giving up 51 points to USC. I've been here for awhile. Sorry to break it to you but your team is over rated. Good news is your conference is edging closer to the Big-12 as far as overall quality and now the Pac-12 can at least qualify to play in the Rose Bowl.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 0QbUrBFE1g

jhawk91

Reaction score
Ya I saw your so called "giving props" thread. Shame they havent permently banned you yet. Funny we lose a game to a tough Stanford defense and we are now "over rated...so whos your team anyways? Vandy, Missippi state, or maybe kentucky...sad you have to root for an entire confernce just to feel good.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I just know good football when I see it. I moved out here after living on the west coast for 30 years. After living here for the past 5 years I know the difference between Pac-12/10 football and the SEC. Its just a better brand of football and the past 6 National Titles is proof. The biggest difference is the lineman (offense and defensive), the overall defense, tailbacks are bigger and stronger, and corners/safeties play more man to man physical style....you can tell these differences just by looking at the NFL Draft. Pac-12 just doesn't measure up. The stadiums are bigger, louder, more passionate fans, and tailgating is on another level. The best I can relate it to is that its like a religion. Its every Saturday and its tough, smash mouth, best athletes and players, and many of the best coaches coaching like every game is for their jobs. I've traveled to 8 SEC stadiums and its loud and the experience is closer to over seas Soccer matches (chants and songs during the game, good nature ribbing). Take a road trip and find out, people are really nice and tailgating is off the chain. While Oregon fans would rather piss on you or dump their beer on you. Stay classy zeros.

jhawk91

Reaction score
So you not just bandwagoned to another team, but to a whole conference. Sad stuff if you ask me. Dont get me wrong I respect the SEC they are very good. But the pac 12 isnt bad its just diffent. Of course the SEC is going to be better when kids grow up on football and end up at SEC schools playing football for the most part. Its just a way of life in the south where everywhere else the choice of which sport to play varies more. But to bandwagon to the SEC just because they are better is rediculous. What happened to sticking to a team win or lose...your on a seahawks bored where we are a very deticated bunch despite our history of not being all that great and we take much pride in that.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I'd put the Huskies or USC championship teams up against ANY SEC team of any year.

I think it's pretty sad when an SEC fan can't just come on here and praise their conference without bashing another. I agree with jhawks91. The culture is different in the respective regions of the country. The southeast is ALL about football (I know I lived down there while I was in the Navy). I'm from Seattle and grew up watching the Huskies and started watching college football watching mostly Pac-10 games. So I don't get it. SEC fan is comparing apples to oranges to get a rise out of everyone.

Oregon just had a bad matchup today but still think they could take Alabama with their "team speed".

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Although I definitely agree the SEC is the best conference, I don't get why SEC Fan trolls here everytime something bad happens to a PAC 12 team. Your smack is weak and childish and your behavior has outed you as a front runner, I wouldn't even call you a fan. You are a flavor of the week kind of guy, you don't have the balls to attach yourself to a team, you just speak in wild generalities about how great the SEC is.

You are the worst kind of sports observer, an ignorant front running troll who attaches himself to a sport not for the love of the game, but for the love of being right. That's weak my friend.

I think its also a bit low that people are taking shots at Oregon fans crying, aren't we all diehard fans? Don't we all live and die by this stuff? Aren't we crushed at defeat? That's two years in a row the Ducks have lost a November home game in heartbreaking fashion, haven't we lost in even more excruciating ways?

As a fan of the PAC 12, I was disappointed with the result, but also very impressed with Stanford. They coached and played an unbelievable game, much props to the Cardinal.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
jhawk91":1j3xgh7k said:
So you not just bandwagoned to another team, but to a whole conference. Sad stuff if you ask me. Dont get me wrong I respect the SEC they are very good. But the pac 12 isnt bad its just diffent. Of course the SEC is going to be better when kids grow up on football and end up at SEC schools playing football for the most part. Its just a way of life in the south where everywhere else the choice of which sport to play varies more. But to bandwagon to the SEC just because they are better is rediculous. What happened to sticking to a team win or lose...your on a seahawks bored where we are a very deticated bunch despite our history of not being all that great and we take much pride in that.

I didn't bandwagon to any team lol. I don't know why you don't get that I just enjoy football but thats what I do. You may find it ridiculous, thats fine, it really isn't important to me what you think. I root for the Seahawks like you. I just love the game to a point that I just enjoy seeing the best product on the field. I'm surrounded by the best football in the country so why not enjoy it. It seems to bother you more than me. I root for some teams more than others. For example I'm not a big Les Miles fan but I respect him. The tailgating in Baton Rouge is 2nd to none. The southern hospitality is awesome and the fans of LSU are down to earth. We tailgate and talk about The Mad Hatter and his shortcommings and laugh about it every time. He's a risk taker and makes some bad in game decisions. Hell, he even started the wrong QB in last years National Championship Game. Most the people I talked to before the game felt that way anyway. I enjoy going to games and talking to the fans, meeting the women who don't wear much because its still decently hot here unlike the Eskimo outfits back there, and eating tremendous food, and not caring who wins or loses. Just being a fan and not a diehard delusional fan of one team and making it my life thay win or lose. Its just a great time. I show up on Thursday night and we party until Sunday morning. The Cajun Tailgate, Ole Grove, Biggest Out Door Cocktail Party, etc. You have to be here to experience it. Its like Spring Break or weekend camping for a major concert or something. Those are my best examples. Like I said its a different level of fandom and its unlike anything I've seen in the Pacific Northwest.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
seahawk2k":q58j4yni said:
Although I definitely agree the SEC is the best conference, I don't get why SEC Fan trolls here everytime something bad happens to a PAC 12 team. Your smack is weak and childish and your behavior has outed you as a front runner, I wouldn't even call you a fan. You are a flavor of the week kind of guy, you don't have the balls to attach yourself to a team, you just speak in wild generalities about how great the SEC is.

You are the worst kind of sports observer, an ignorant front running troll who attaches himself to a sport not for the love of the game, but for the love of being right. That's weak my friend.

I think its also a bit low that people are taking shots at Oregon fans crying, aren't we all diehard fans? Don't we all live and die by this stuff? Aren't we crushed at defeat? That's two years in a row the Ducks have lost a November home game in heartbreaking fashion, haven't we lost in even more excruciating ways?

As a fan of the PAC 12, I was disappointed with the result, but also very impressed with Stanford. They coached and played an unbelievable game, much props to the Cardinal.

LOL. Weak smack. We can agree on one thing atleast. The SEC is the BEST Conference. Why would I attach myself to a team here when I grew up in Seattle/Tacoma? That would be bandwagon. And the generalities are the truth. Sucks for you that it bothers you. And what the hell does that mean that I attach myself to a sport and not the love of the game? That doesn't even make sense. Think about it? Stupid comment. Oh, and its low to take shots at Zero's fans crying in the stands when they are considered the most obnoxious fans in college football? LMAO, we call it karma, trust me Auburn fans haven't forgot how crappy the Zero's fans acted a couple years ago. The stories I heard made me hide that I was originally from that neck of the woods. And yes I was impressed with Stanford too, they had the style of team to do what Auburn and LSU did to the Zero's. Slow down that offense and run it down their f'n throats and let the Zero's beat themselves with that fast tempo offense.

By the way Zero's fans. You think selling out your 55,000 stadium for the last 10 or so years is impressive? We call 55,000 fans...... a god damn Spring Game down here. 55,000 is crap.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
I've heard many stories of Oregon fans as well, but in my dealings with them, which amounts to many games over many years, the obnoxious fans lie in the minority. I don't get the generalization but I realize its convenient. Steelers fans are the same way, had terrible experiences with a few of them, actually went to pittsburgh on business, and met decent, humble, classy fans. Its lazy to paint a fan base with broad strokes. But, given your handle, your not one for specificity.

People use sports for personal vindication, they root for teams so they can thump their chest and act like it says something about them. You trolling here whenever a Pac12 team struggles reeks of that behavior. You claim to love football, but act as if there is only one style and one conference that is legitimate. As a lover of football, as you profess to be, I think you should give more credit to the coaches that have to scheme to make up for a lack of talent rather than drooling over the simplified offenses that win strictly because of 1 on 1 matchups(LSU, Georgia) that you find in the SEC. Is football at its best played with the best athletes? Just because they win doesn't mean they've done justice to the game. You really love football? Go watch the MAC, the breeding ground of some of the greatest coaches, systems and schemes in college football history.

And yeah, SEC football and the game week experience is relatively unrivaled, no argument there, half that conference is on my stadium bucket list, but there is also jack shit to do in the South. Your from up here, you know all the different options a person has to spend their free time. Not so much in the South. You beat your chest that its better, like we should feel guilty that we don't tailgate for three days before games, that our stadiums are smaller, for a lot of people, they just have better things to do. Down there, what are the other options?

You constantly look at the what, and not the why, the trappings of an ignorant mind.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SEC FAN":2vah9k2h said:
seahawk2k":2vah9k2h said:

LOL. Weak smack. We can agree on one thing atleast. The SEC is the BEST Conference. Why would I attach myself to a team here when I grew up in Seattle/Tacoma? That would be bandwagon. And the generalities are the truth. Sucks for you that it bothers you. And what the hell does that mean that I attach myself to a sport and not the love of the game? That doesn't even make sense. Think about it? Stupid comment. Oh, and its low to take shots at Zero's fans crying in the stands when they are considered the most obnoxious fans in college football? LMAO, we call it karma, trust me Auburn fans haven't forgot how crappy the Zero's fans acted a couple years ago. The stories I heard made me hide that I was originally from that neck of the woods. And yes I was impressed with Stanford too, they had the style of team to do what Auburn and LSU did to the Zero's. Slow down that offense and run it down their f'n throats and let the Zero's beat themselves with that fast tempo offense.

By the way Zero's fans. You think selling out your 55,000 stadium for the last 10 or so years is impressive? We call 55,000 fans...... a god damn Spring Game down here. 55,000 is crap.

Who's bragging about sell outs? As a Ducks fan I couldnt care less if there's 55,000 or 10 people in the stadium.

I'm sure there are a lot of Ducks fans who are annoying (hell, i'm sure I am one of them at times) but its all in fun. I've never heard of any TBagging incidents related to Duck games. We dont poison each other's sacred tree's. Thats saved for the sophisticated and wonderful fans of the SEC I guess.

I'd gladly take on any SEC Team this year and I hope we get to face one in whatever bowl game we get to play. There's not an SEC team that scares me. Which isnt saying that we'd roll all over any of them, but I think we'd have a good shot against any of them.

Btw, I was crying like a baby walking out of the Superbowl in Detroit. I feel no shame at all in being bitterly dissapointed when my team loses.

cesame

Reaction score
It's borderline sad how serious the south takes college football. Any human being that would poison a tree because his rival won the championship is a sick individual, and there are lots of them down there. It's the worst part of the country.

I'm happy the west coast has perspective and doesn't take it to that level.

jhawk91

Reaction score
cesame":1w4cacan said:
It's borderline sad how serious the south takes college football. Any human being that would poison a tree because his rival won the championship is a sick individual, and there are lots of them down there. It's the worst part of the country.

This and what 2k and Jseahawks said, I coudnt have put it better

Its one thing to come here and be proud of the SEC, thats fine whatever, but to trash the PAC 12 ONLY when they lose is just sad

pinksheets

Reaction score
I'm so glad we have a resident moron like Ol' Stars and Bars here to keep us informed about what real football is.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
seahawk2k":errpqiaj said:
I've heard many stories of Oregon fans as well, but in my dealings with them, which amounts to many games over many years, the obnoxious fans lie in the minority. I don't get the generalization but I realize its convenient. Steelers fans are the same way, had terrible experiences with a few of them, actually went to pittsburgh on business, and met decent, humble, classy fans. Its lazy to paint a fan base with broad strokes. But, given your handle, your not one for specificity.Its not a complete generalization. They were polled by S.I. as the rudest fans in college football. By a wide margin.

People use sports for personal vindication, they root for teams so they can thump their chest and act like it says something about them. You trolling here whenever a Pac12 team struggles reeks of that behavior. You claim to love football, but act as if there is only one style and one conference that is legitimate. As a lover of football, as you profess to be, I think you should give more credit to the coaches that have to scheme to make up for a lack of talent rather than drooling over the simplified offenses that win strictly because of 1 on 1 matchups(LSU, Georgia) that you find in the SEC. Is football at its best played with the best athletes? Just because they win doesn't mean they've done justice to the game. You really love football? Go watch the MAC, the breeding ground of some of the greatest coaches, systems and schemes in college football history. Not into gimmick offenses like some in the MAC or Oregon. I like real football. Heads up, mano y mano, man to man, punch you in the mouth, run it down your throat and make you stop me. If the no huddle fast tempo would have worked it would have been done since Sam Wyche developed it with the Bengals when he was trying to keep up with Dick Lebeau in practice.

And yeah, SEC football and the game week experience is relatively unrivaled, no argument there, half that conference is on my stadium bucket list, but there is also jack shit to do in the South. Your from up here, you know all the different options a person has to spend their free time. Not so much in the South. You beat your chest that its better, like we should feel guilty that we don't tailgate for three days before games, that our stadiums are smaller, for a lot of people, they just have better things to do. Down there, what are the other options?Depends what you like to do? Hunt, fish, vacation in the sun in the Keys/Carribean , scuba without wearing a dry suit and have 100% visibility, play on white sandy beaches unlike the rocky cold beaches up there, eat good food, Bourbon Street/French Quarter, South Beach, 6 Flags stuff, watch the best college football, road or boat trip the east coast. Pacific Northwest has mountains and shit weather, thats about the main difference. You ever wonder why so many retire in Arizona/Florida? I put up with it for 30 years. Go to work and its dark, get off and its dark. Rain every day..... trust me I know thats exactly what its like back there right now until May. I remember when it rained for like 30 some days straight lol. Yeah it sucks to have to wear flip flops, t-shirt and shorts 90% of the time.

You constantly look at the what, and not the why, the trappings of an ignorant mind.
Your entire post reeks of ignorance. We agree to disagree.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
JSeahawks":333pebi4 said:
Who's bragging about sell outs? As a Ducks fan I couldnt care less if there's 55,000 or 10 people in the stadium.

I'm sure there are a lot of Ducks fans who are annoying (hell, i'm sure I am one of them at times) but its all in fun. I've never heard of any TBagging incidents related to Duck games. We dont poison each other's sacred tree's. Thats saved for the sophisticated and wonderful fans of the SEC I guess.

I'd gladly take on any SEC Team this year and I hope we get to face one in whatever bowl game we get to play. There's not an SEC team that scares me. Which isnt saying that we'd roll all over any of them, but I think we'd have a good shot against any of them.

Btw, I was crying like a baby walking out of the Superbowl in Detroit. I feel no shame at all in being bitterly dissapointed when my team loses.

Yep a couple fans did some crappy stuff. Every fan base has them. Zero's just has more of them.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
cesame":37jywxbs said:

You obviously aren't well traveled. Mid West people are the nicest, fallowed by the South. You and jhawk91 need some perspective, try leaving your back yard and find out what its really like.