When did Russell Wilson win you over?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: When did Russell Wilson win you over?
Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 am
  • I first had been hearing about him as a QB prospect in the draft but dropping in the later rounds because of his height. Then I saw the Gruden QB camp and I started watching youtube vids of his games and thereafter that I prayed to the football gods we would be able to draft him and Turbin. I just had a feeling he would be good based on what I saw but had no idea he would turn out to be this good. I joined the RW cult after the Chiefs game. Haven't bought a Hawk jersey in a few years but he's the first one I bought of the "new" jersey. I love that kid!
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 am
  • He slightly won me over in the first 2 preseason games. It was at that point I was like "maybe this guy could take over game 10 or something". After the KC game I was like "Holy crap he is definitely a starter!!!". Then after the Cardinal game I thought he wasn't ready yet, but he was clutch so he deserved some more time.\

He completely won me over the Pats game. That was an amazing performance, and as long as Wilson does well in the red zone I don't have any problems with him.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 am
  • drdiags wrote:Detroit game. He was able to march the team down the field late for the go-ahead TD. I thought that game was won until the defense had an owie. I remain a skeptic since I figure he has more growth that is needed but he has had the team in every game so I respect his game. The players appear to be buying in and that is the most important issue to me.

If he helps the team go 2-1 or 3-0 on the road, just line me up in the back of the wagon with the other late arrivals.

It was the Detroit game for me as well. He played really good football on the road and put the team in a position to win.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 am
  • KC game did it for me. Just an absolutely flawless performance in the "Dress Rehearsal" preseason game. Plus at the time we didn't know that KC was going to be THAT bad.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:48 am
  • The final touchdown pass to Sidney Rice in the game against the Patriots. We now have a QB who doesn't buckle under the pressure.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:10 am
  • AZRussWilsonFan wrote:

Packers-Seahawks NFC Championship???????

I am thinking one of our posters, BestFightStory, would love those pants. Nice coordination there. Would love to see the NFC Championship in Lambeau with the Seahawks. The hype leading up to that game would definitely be intense. They could call it the Karma Bowl. Or not. :thirishdrinkers:
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 am
  • first time he played against my noles when he was with nc state.. he lit us up and literally carried his team the whole way.. everytime we faced him. knew he was going to be a good nfl qb.. he just has that it factor thats a combination of leadership, smarts, calm demeanor no matter what situation, and all the physical tools aside from height of course.
    redhawk253
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:28 am
  • Right after the draft I saw a 9 minute video of Wilson college highlights. I knew right there John and Pete found their guy. When Flynn was attained Jand P didnt know if Wilson would fall to them in the third round. I heard John wanted to pull the trigger on Wilson in the 2nd rd and was talked off the cliff by others. I know you shouldnt believe in highlight videos but I did. :shock:
    Go Hawks!
    j hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm
  • Predraft seeing the long highlight video got me extremely excited for him, and probably when he won me over in my "koolaid filled" mind. Then we took him and I was pumped as hell but for him in 2013. Then the preseason hit and until KC I was still in Flynn now, Russell future mode. After that game seeing how he looked like the first legitimate QB we've had since Hass, I was ok with starting him. Arizona game made me love his toughness, Cowboys game I saw enough I was fully committed to "I truly believe he can successful in the NFL and don't have many reservations about that". Since then it's been mostly positive!
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:33 pm
  • The Levis commercial
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 pm
  • SNDavidson wrote:The Levis commercial

That was an amazing commercial.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm
  • At NC State.

I'd watch him and think, damn, it's too bad he's too short and no one will give him a chance. But I'd always be amazed whenever I watched.

I had no friggin clue back then that he would one day be the mythical "QB of the future" of the Seahawks. Funny how life works out. The more I think I know, the less I really know.

But it's damn good to have him with the Hawks. I can't wait to see what happens next!
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• SNDavidson wrote:The Levis commercial

That was an amazing commercial.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• I'll let ya know. Until then I got high hopes for the rook. I'd say the jets, or last two games have been his personal bests as far as decisive, smart qb play.
    hawkfan1975
    NET Veteran

• Seeing how bad the Chiefs are today, that preseason game didn't do it for me.

He won me over with the Patriots come-from-behind-win, then reinforced at 9ers, Lions, Vikings and Jets.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• Wisconsin vs Nebraska 10/1 of last year.

The first serious team on the Badgers schedule and he picked them apart 48-17
    BadgerVid
    NET Bench Warmer

• Throwdown wrote:
    tubbs51 wrote:Draft day. I heard a bit about Wilson shortly before and during the first day of the draft. looked up his highlights from NC State and Wisconsin and was partially sold. Saw the QB thing with Gruden and was sold 100%. Honestly i had a slight feeling he'd be our starter but i thought Pete would be a fool and start Flynn over Wilson. Glad thats not the case.

Now as soon as i have the money i'm gonna buy a #3 jersey. :D

Side Note: we have too damn many cool players on our team. From Baldwin, to Sherman, to Lynch, to Turbin, to ET. I mean christ i want a Max Unger jersey!!!!

Unger??? Lol I hate hearing him talk, sounds like a computer technician.

The Episode of Real Rob report along with his very solid play and the fact that he gets very little love sold me. Then again i'd like a Moffitt jersey too.... I think i have a problem. lmao
    tubbs51
    NET Starter

• Preseason. The TD run where literally nobody knew he was running the ball and he just went left to a wide-open field. It was fantastic.
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• It's been an interesting ride for me. I was against starting a rookie at QB. I went to the gb game and felt like he had a bad game despite the outcome. I would say that starting with the Pats game he has consistently shown that he is learning from mistakes and has me feeling confident he can be our QB.
    edogg23
    NET Starter

• He had me at "Go Hawks"
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

• Long before he was ever drafted.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:I remember early this year the day we signed Matt Flynn, he was the buzz of the town. Everyone was hyped, jerseys were printed, local radio wouldn't stop talking about it, yadayadaada. Fast forward nine months and we've got a rookie under center who nearly none of us foresaw last year.

I was that guy who truly thought Flynn was destined to be starter of the 2012 season. I thought PC's QB competition was just a motivator for Flynn to play at the top of his game. I was slightly impressed by Wilson in the first couple preseason games, but that third game against KC Chiefs sealed the deal for me and I've been a huge fan ever since.

My dad was skeptical of Wilson starting and kept debating with me early in the season amidst a potential QB controversy. He changed his mind after the Pats game, and has been a huge fan ever since.

I know some fans were Flynnsters in the early goings, but are now full-time DangeRuss supporters. I'm curious to hear when exactly the rookie won you over.

Your Pappy had it right, or at least the part about getting on board with Wilson at the helm after the Patriots game.
    I was reserving my jumping on the Wilson bandwagon because I wanted to see if he had enough presence(sp) of mind, to show that he could compete at the next level, without going T-Jack and imploding under REAL pressure,,That Pats game pretty much washed all the doubts right out of my mind.

As for being a great backup?, Flynn did beat out Jackson, right?, just don't get the Flynn bashing as having a damned thing to do with Pete making his pick.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• It was the first Michigan State game for me. Watching him put Wisconsin on his back in the fourth quarter to bring them back from two scores down on the road was eye opening. He was creative, buying time and throwing strikes while on the run including across his body. I knew the young man was going to be something special and that I would be routing for him as long as he wasn't drafted into our division. When we drafted him, I was ecstatic.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• BASF wrote:It was the first Michigan State game for me. Watching him put Wisconsin on his back in the fourth quarter to bring them back from two scores down on the road was eye opening. He was creative, buying time and throwing strikes while on the run including across his body. I knew the young man was going to be something special and that I would be routing for him as long as he wasn't drafted into our division. When we drafted him, I was ecstatic.

Is it just me or do you have Cortez Kennedy playing left guard in your signature?

I'm trying to figure out who all those are, i've got from left to right:

Blades, ??, House Ballard, Bryan Millard, John L Williams, ??, Hasselbeck, Tez, Big Walt, Warner, and Largent.

Is that other WR D Jack? No idea who the center is.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:The last month I've liked what I've seen from Wilson .. he's really growing to be an efficient QB.

I think two things stand out above the rest though, for me anyway.

- How he handled the 49ers game.
    Wide receivers were dropping everything like we had a time warp back to 2003-2004. Wilson had one "WTF?" throw, the interception into triple coverage when Rice was running all by himself underneath - but aside from that.. he was doing everything you could ask of the kid, and he just wasn't getting help. But where most rookies would begin to press a little bit and start forcing the issue.. especially against that defense.. Wilson stayed cool the entire time. And yeah we lost and didn't score a single touchdown in the game, but his demeanor was just very impressive.

- How he handled the Jets game.
    I think outside of the start of the second half in Carolina, the first quarter and a half against the Jets was Wilson's worst in his short career so far. The Jets seemed to really be harassing him after a quick TD pass to open the game, and they would score their only TD of the game on a Wilson fumble.. but again, like the 49ers game, where you would expect a young kid to start panicking and having his mistakes snowball beneath him - Wilson stayed calm.. and eventually the game turned into a rout in a good way.

The kid just stays so calm when everything around him is going to hell in a hand basket. THAT is what I love about him. I know many on here are already christening him to be great.. I don't think he's there YET.. but he has that potential to be. And he definitely has this trait down pat, and it's a trait that can not be taught to players.. you either have it, or you don't.

WOW did everyone on .net just see a Hasselbeck positive backhanded compliment to RW?? I think I did. I think he has actuallly come around to the kid. RW will be and is our QBOTF that we have been waiting for, for 35 years. Well done Hasselbeck, if RW can bring you around then the sky is really the limit with this team.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:08 pm
  • He had me after we drafted him and watched his Camp Gruden video, but I can't lie I had a lot of doubts he was ready hold off Flynn after the loss @ STL, and a loss to Carolina would have been very bad for him. The Win vs New England was when i realized I would be willing to spend $100 on his jersey.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:10 pm
  • AZRussWilsonFan wrote:Hello Seahawks fans!

I will start by saying I'm a die-hard Packer fan. The MNF game hurt deep inside. But I'm not here to talk about that.

Obviously I am a huge Russell Wilson fan and root for the Seahawks whenever they aren't playing the Packers. We(Badgers fans) knew he would be a good NFL starter and with a 6-4 record he is proving us right and most everyone else wrong.

Being a big fan I got sick of all the RGIII and Andrew Luck talk and decided to take matters into my own hands. Here is my new music video dedicated to the man himself. Hope you enjoy. Please share with all your Seahawks friends.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq_6B5_yRbw[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq_6B5_yRbw

Packers-Seahawks NFC Championship???????

Man you cant sing worth a shit but I sure do love you!
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    BASF wrote:It was the first Michigan State game for me. Watching him put Wisconsin on his back in the fourth quarter to bring them back from two scores down on the road was eye opening. He was creative, buying time and throwing strikes while on the run including across his body. I knew the young man was going to be something special and that I would be routing for him as long as he wasn't drafted into our division. When we drafted him, I was ecstatic.

Is it just me or do you have Cortez Kennedy playing left guard in your signature?

Blades, ??, House Ballard, Bryan Millard, John L Williams, ??, Hasselbeck, Tez, Big Walt, Warner, and Largent.

I think it is DJack scoring in the NFCCG and the other guy looks like Ricky Watters from my view of the exploded image.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• drdiags wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:
    BASF wrote:It was the first Michigan State game for me. Watching him put Wisconsin on his back in the fourth quarter to bring them back from two scores down on the road was eye opening. He was creative, buying time and throwing strikes while on the run including across his body. I knew the young man was going to be something special and that I would be routing for him as long as he wasn't drafted into our division. When we drafted him, I was ecstatic.

I think it is DJack scoring in the NFCCG and the other guy looks like Ricky Watters from my view of the exploded image.

Good eye Dr. That is DJack's NFCCG touchdown. The center is Mawae, and you have no idea how long it took to find a picture of Mawae playing for the Seahawks. Everything was him posing for trading cards. As much as I liked Toebeck, Mawae was simply better and I prefer players we actually drafted (Largent being the obvious exception). To this day, he is one of the very few Seahawks that I wish we had retained.

As far as left guard, as much as I dislike Hutchinson and have argued on this site that he never wanted to be a Seahawk after his demeanor on draft day, he is still by far the best left guard that we have had. I am looking forward to the day I can swap him out.

I did go back and forth on having a TE in there over DJack in the slot, but the fact is we have never really had a TE who was a game changer as Jackson (though it took me a couple of season to get over him being a Florida Gator) was.
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• One of his college interviews. He said something that spoke volumes of his character. I forget exactly how he said it, but he basically said something like, "my team played well, and I have things I need to work on." It was an interview after a win. He was praising the efforts of his teammates, but wouldn't accept anything less than perfection from himself. You could see by the way he carried himself that he was destined to be a great qb. When we drafted him, I screamed and jumped for joy. At a restaurant. In North Dakota. People stared. I didn't care. Favorite draft pick. Ever.
    Guardian
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:26 am
  • K.C. pre-season game made me realize this guy might very well be for real. @Detroit made me realize he is for real.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Long before the draft I was at the Rose Bowl game and watched Wilson play. At that time I wanted him to be a Hawk. I was sure that after I heard pre draft interviews that he was a perfect fit for us. I was ecstatic when we got him.

Me too, I'm a Ducks fan who lives in Eugene and I was scared to death of this kid !!! He almost made it happen too, got jobbed by the refs in the end though, bummer. His cool demeanor was awesome and he didn't falter so I knew he was something special then.

So when we drafted him I was stoked !!!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own
    HawkHouse
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:22 pm
  • After the draft when ESPN showed a replay of the Rose Bowl.
    Jayburd14
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• I didn't know so many people wanted him I Seattle while he was still a Badger. I only remember people here saying we should suck for Luck or trade up for RGIII.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Hawken-Dazs wrote:I didn't know so many people wanted him I Seattle while he was still a Badger. I only remember people here saying we should suck for Luck or trade up for RGIII.

Don't discount plenty of revisionist history. If we kept longer archives here, it'd be easy to prove the LACK of "wilson" showing up in thread searches. I'm not saying he was never mentioned, but at this point, we've got a fair number of people that "called it" that he'd be a great NFL QB, and not enough evidence of it beforehand.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I can't think of a specific time or game, but when I first watched him play and first learned about all the intangibles last year, I wanted to see if he could beat the odds. So I guess when I saw him play and learned about his character.
    sliv
    NET Rookie

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:I didn't know so many people wanted him I Seattle while he was still a Badger. I only remember people here saying we should suck for Luck or trade up for RGIII.

Don't discount plenty of revisionist history. If we kept longer archives here, it'd be easy to prove the LACK of "wilson" showing up in thread searches. I'm not saying he was never mentioned, but at this point, we've got a fair number of people that "called it" that he'd be a great NFL QB, and not enough evidence of it beforehand.

Whatever I was on here arguing with alot of people, it was like saying maybe just maybe the earth isn't flat back in the day, I actually had to temper my enthusiasm because alot of peeps were so sure and dismissive about the idea of him having a chance to be an nfl quarterback. Say what they will I remember and deep down so do the people that were envolved in those threads last year. All that doesn't matter because I went down to vegas this preseason to put a $1,000 on the Seahawks to win the superbowl at 50 to 1, ended up winning $3,000 in craps and decided to put make a $2,000 dollar bet. The odds are against me and it would have to be a magical finish to the season but I put my money where my mouth is and have an oppurtunity to win $102,000........ oh yah ... GO HAWKS.
    sliv
    NET Rookie

• Give me about 2-3 more away games and I'll let you know...
    seesurfers
    NET Starter

• I would say he won me over as a person within the first few interviews and after seeing reports of him.

He won me over as a player in the game against NE. He proved he was clutch in the GB game, didn't give up. Proved he was clutch in other games too, but the NE game he attacked it. He has shown to be a terrific football player on top of being a cool customer.

No moment is too big for him, while losing in San Fran, you could see that he just had it. He is a total professional and has it all. A huge arm, with accuracy, has the reputation of being a guy that plays out of the pocket, but he does well inside too. It just happens that his danger factor goes up by 5 when he gets outside.

He has been put in tough situation after tough situation and just when I think he is going to crumble he shows up. The laser to Baldwin in the end zone cemented my confidence in him, the TD to rice 50 yards in the air with velocity just hammered it home.

He is only going to get better.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• I was impressed by his play immediately, sold on starting him after the GB game, but he had me head over heels smitten in a man crush the first time I saw him end his presser with "GO HAWKS!"
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• I would say he won me over so that I wanted him in the draft over any other player in our range after I saw his college stats either right before the Rose Bowl or just after. I looked at them and thought "why the hell is no one talking about this guy?" then I learned how short he is. After watching highlight videos I began to be sold, but the Gruden QB camp segment hammered it home for me. That was also what sold me on Mallett.

During our pick in the 3rd round of the draft I was totally expecting to hear Lamar Miller's or Chris Polk's name be called but was absolutely ecstatic when I heard Russell Wilson. Though I was hoping we'd go after him in the 4th or 5th, I was just totally happy we claimed him! I "knew" then that he had a shot at starting over Flynn but wasn't sure if that would be the best for his development if he did. I decided before rookie OTAs that best case scenario was having Wilson start with Flynn backing him up, but I would have been perfectly fine with having Flynn start and Wilson sit and learn too. I would have murdered a kitten if Jackson had won. (I don't hate Jackson).
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:29 am
  • Wilson has never won me over, I support him, I was a Flynn backer. I see him improve everyweek but am not going to anoint him as a Franchise QB till he can to quote Pete TILT the field.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• dunceface wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:He had me at "Hello".

He had me at "GO HAWKS".

This.

I love his attitude and his love for this team! Because of Wilson my wife now loves to watch football with me every game. She was never really in to sports before, she grew up in Venezuela and didn't really care for Futbol. But now she has turned in to a die hard Seahawks fan/Russell Wilson fan!

Also, it is really cool coming from someone who doesn't know anything about sports or football for that matter, say to me, " Our defense plays so aggressive and mean compared to the other teams defense." I said, "that's right baby, they are known as the Legion of Boom!"
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:27 am
  • the second he won us a superbowl...............oh wait.....
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:04 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Hawken-Dazs wrote:I didn't know so many people wanted him I Seattle while he was still a Badger. I only remember people here saying we should suck for Luck or trade up for RGIII.

Soon enought the "Flynn Backers" will be off the hook... which makes me happy because I want to see Wilson get the support he deserves but it also is a little annoying at the same time because a lot of fans were not too happy to have him as the starter. There just won't be proof of that, so they can act one way and never have to eat crow.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• I back Flynn and I don't need to be off a hook, I support Wilson as a Seahawks QB and see a lot to like and enjoy watching him grow. I believe Flynn was injured at the start of the season and Wilson took advantage of that window and ran with it. Credit to Wilson for taking the situation and then running with it. At this point of the season if you opened up the competition I don't think the talent seperation is enough now to dictate one over the other Wilson has grown so much.

Now it's a matter of where he hits his ceiling and if the coaches let him play to maximise his abilitys. Were still waiting I think to see what he can really do and if he has the IT factor to elevate his team to that next level.

I am enjoying watching his metamorphisis into that.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Here are the results so far:

NC State 13
    Wisconsin 14
    Draft 7
    Tenn 2
    Denver 1
    KC 11
    Named Starter 1
    Arizona 1
    Dallas 2
    GB 1
    NE 15
    49ers 1
    Detroit 3
    Vikings 1
    Jets 1
    Not Sold 3

Interesting to see the beakdown and how a few were sold after games the Hawks lost. Speaks to how well Wilson does facing adversity and keeping his emotions in check.

I knew he was something special after watching the KC game. He just has that "IT" that you can't describe and something we've never had at the QB position in Seattle.

GO HAWKS!!
    "Doug Baldwin doesn't get separation, he gets a divorce." -NorthDallas40oz
    jman316
    NET Starter

• I was one of the ones who felt that Flynn should have started the season. When Wilson got the job, I thought two things. Either Flynn was injured, or Wilson just went after it hard. I was worried that his rookiness would show, but it didn't really happen. He grew up in the games and frankly I don't think the record would be any different if Flynn started, maybe and I mean maybe we win that AZ game.

To get Wilson that in-game experience and still be in the race was HUGE. For one, we know that Flynn can play, we couldn't see it with Wilson until a few games really. So now we know that we have two serviceable QBs on the roster.

In today's NFL, with injuries and concussions that is a luxury, one that is worth keeping Flynn around for at his cost. As long as the cost of having BOTH salaries combined is not grossly damaging the cap the Hawks are on business. Wilson won me over, but I like the team's chances with Matt Flynn the same.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Gruden camp did it for me... I was so eager for training camp to start I listened to kjr every day when they were at training camp and I never heard much about Wilson from them... it left me confused and sad that my vision of this guy becoming the guy wasn't going to happen... Then a few weeks later one of Wilsons former coaches came on the show and was like I have no doubt Russell can be the starter of this team and succeed. Hugh Millen about had a fit and kinda laughed it off as did Mitch.

I had hopes of him becoming the starter yet after watching Flynn in the first bit of the Titans game he just kinda played boringly (is this even a word?). Then Russell came in; the moment I waited months to see... he did not disappoint but was it just because he was playing against scrubs?... The the following week he did even better vs the Broncos.... When Pete came out and named him the starter for the chiefs game it was the greatest part of preseason for me.......That game made me feel like we found Tom Brady...

He struggled the first few weeks of the season and I was getting nervous for Russell radio hosts were calling for his head. After that Patriots game it shut everyone up... thank god. Wilson has been great ever since in all honestly.
    Last edited by StaffAmerica74 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

• StaffAmerica74 wrote:Gruden camp did it for me... I was so eager for training camp to start I listened to kjr every day when they were at training camp and I never heard much about Wilson from them... it left me confused and sad that my vision of this guy becoming the guy wasn't going to happen... Then a few weeks later one of Wilsons former coaches came on the show and was like I have no doubt Russell can be the starter of this team and succeed. Hugh Millen about had a fit and kinda laughed it off as did Mitch. So I had hopes of him becoming the starter yet after watching Flynn in the first bit of the Titans game. Just kinda played boringly. Then Russell came in the moment I waited months to see and he did pretty well... Then the following week he did even better vs the Broncos.... Then Pete came out and named him the starter for the chiefs game... then came the Chiefs game wow.... Sold... then he struggled the first few weeks of the season and I was getting nervous for Russell. Patriots game sold me and hes been solid ever since.

Millen, Hawk Blogger, Bob & Graz were all anti Wilson locally while brock and salk were on the Wilson waggon.

Any other NFL team and Wilson would not be starting. Really a testement to the great organization and future the hawks have.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:16 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information