Apparently the media still hates the Tate catch

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Too bad you're like hella wrong bro...

Edit (forgot to sing): .........I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - But I've come through.......
    Last edited by CANHawk on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Bipolar wrote:cheese! now THAT we have plenty of in the Packer land...

I sure hope you have wine too. Cheese land without wine would be sad indeed....

More on point, Bipolar, it was actually the reverse angle that convinced me it was a touchdown. I have yet to see that view played by the national media. So while I understand your reference to psychology, I disagree with your analysis.

And CanHawk, sure as hell is nice to seeing you posting again my brotha! It is great to be giggling again from your posts!
    "I want to drink Ranier Beer out of a mug made from Jim harbaugh's hollowed out skull." CANHAWK
    sam1313
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• CANHawk wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:
    CANHawk wrote:The problem my brotha (and you are my brotha cuz I know you're a Hawks fan - "entitled Puker fan" was probably a bit much) is that you keep referring to it as a bad call. It was perhaps one of the only truly good calls in that entire game.

Like I do every time this subject comes up, I'm just going to leave this here and walk away humming "we are the champions" to myself...

thats fine. no hard feelings.

that said, its all human psychology. the brain creates all sorts of defense mechanisms and rationalizes events in a way so that they make sense to you.

for example - you didn't get that job after 3 rounds of interview, and then you calm yourself down by thinking that "oh well, it wasn't meant to be, the manager would have probably sucked anyway, and there are bigger and better things waiting for me in the future", where in fact you truly are just trying to cope with reality that you didn't get the job of your dreams.

same thing here -- there is a video footage from all angles and to virtually any unbiased observer the TD call was extremely bogus. but no, to us, Seahawks fans (who clearly have vested interest), we come up with all sorts of reasons and logic why this was in a TD.

Ummm..... what?

.........and we'll keep on fighting `til the end........

No kidding! This obviously comes from people speculating based upon the inconclusive angles ,but ignoring the one conclusive one . That and not paying attention to what the rules say about criteria for a catch.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• Bipolar wrote:by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.

I'm sorry but this is just not so. It may have been controversial but was not extremely controversial. By some accounts (several NFL insiders) that call was legitimate. The only reason it was controversial at all is because people let their emotions trump the facts. By NFL rules that was unequivocally a simultaneous catch. If you've read the Scott Kacsmar piece you would know this.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• SeaWolv wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:by all accounts, it was an extremely controversial call made by a replacement ref.

I'm sorry but this is just not so. It may have been controversial but was not extremely controversial. By some accounts (several NFL insiders) that call was legitimate. The only reason it was controversial at all is because people let their emotions trump the facts. By NFL rules that was unequivocally a simultaneous catch. If you've read the Scott Kacsmar piece you would know this.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/co ... git/17706/

Naw, I tried that already. Apparently this source isn't good enough. No, for Bipolar to accept it needs to come from a big named, nationally respected sports journalist. Someone like Gil Brandt I guess because those guys are always right on the money...
    Radish, check your PMs. Man upstairs has an invite for a tail gate up in heaven with your name on it.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• Bipolar wrote:are there any non-Seattle based NFL pundits that do believe it was a clear TD? and if not, is it because the outside world is crazy and only you have eyes to see the "obvious"?

There actually were several. The only one I can remember right now is Colin Cowherd.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• Bipolar wrote:this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.

Tate made contact with the ball first with his left hand and never lost control of it. Two hands on the ball doesn't mean the player has control and more control has no relevance. Tate clearly does have control since he is pulling Jennings down to the ground. So much so that his head is almost even with his waist. If you look at the King 5 footage from the back of the end zone you can see that Jennings is trying to rip the ball from Tate as soon as they hit the ground. Why would he need to do that if he had control?
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• Phil Simms just referenced this yet again during the Texans/Lions game. He said something along the lines of "I'm just glad that we didn't have a simultaneous possession, like I saw in a game I saw earlier this season, or at least that's what they called it."

I think it's obvious where Simms stands. I could care less what he says though. He and Nantz were praising the Texans and just trashing the Lions before Graham missed the potential game winning FG. They even tried to dismiss the fact that the awful call on the Forsett (funny how a Seahawk is yet again involved in controversy) was the main reason the Texans even stood a chance to win in the first place.

Again though, nothing surprises me with the media and the way they handle things.
    Talkin Seahawks All Day, All Night @ my blog Seafense! http://seafense.blogspot.com/
    NYCoug
    NET Veteran

• @ BiPolar
    You think members of this board are seeing what they want to see because of "psychology"? What if you are the one seeing what you want to see, an incompletion? Goes both ways. It does make me wonder just how Bi you really are, though.

Now if you want to bitch about the pushoff, that is totally legit, even the NFL said so.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• SeaWolv wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:are there any non-Seattle based NFL pundits that do believe it was a clear TD? and if not, is it because the outside world is crazy and only you have eyes to see the "obvious"?

There actually were several. The only one I can remember right now is Colin Cowherd.

Doesn't matter what any pundits said, they are stupid. The actual refs confirmed the TD, apparently it wasn't so "obvious" that it was an INT to them. They saw a TD, as we did. Not from the front angle, but from the back angle you can see it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• loafoftatupu wrote:Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

I somehow read a recent thread in a Packer forum saying he wouldn't let it go. I responded with a post saying I wouldn't let it go either. Making the points that say it was a catch and then explaining that even if it was a bad call, that I would take it because of obvious reasons. My posting permissions were removed immediately after even explaining that I totally understood why they were butt hurt. :)

Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• CANHawk wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:Seeing the game in person, it was hard to tell, but it looked as if it was simultaneously caught at the time. By the time I got home, I was convinced it was a clear TD based on the fact that the first person to have control and both feet on the ground was Tate. That is the end of it, it is a TD and the play is over. The following angles cemented it even more.

Sad.

This is why my general level of respect for the Packers and their fans is declining at a rather rapid pace. They have no idea how spoiled and entitled they sound when they have their little bitch fests about this game (and the fact that their so called screwing happened against one of the most truly screwed over franchises in history is completely lost on them).

I used to want us to be like the Packers, now I just want to beat the shit out of them every chance we get. I hope we meet them in the playoffs at this rate and stomp a mudhole in their ass.

This, I really want to beat them into submission like we did Dallas.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• SeaWolv wrote:
    Bipolar wrote:this video was played million times from all sorts of angles. including zoomed in and in crisp clean HD. in full speed and in slow motion. everyone saw it ten times over. the fact remains that Golden Tate did not establish full control of the ball until both players hit the ground. the rest is history.

Tate made contact with the ball first with his left hand and never lost control of it. Two hands on the ball doesn't mean the player has control and more control has no relevance. Tate clearly does have control since he is pulling Jennings down to the ground. So much so that his head is almost even with his waist. If you look at the King 5 footage from the back of the end zone you can see that Jennings is trying to rip the ball from Tate as soon as they hit the ground. Why would he need to do that if he had control?

This...too many people try to argue that two hands on the ball=control. No! 1 hand on the ball and a helmet (Tyree) is also control as well as one hand on the ball and another player's hands. There's no such thing as more control in terms of the NFL and its rules. Just because Jennings had both hands on it does not mean he has more rights to it.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• After seeing their reaction to that call, I wonder what they would think about having the Testabutcher TD happen to them?
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• mretrade wrote:My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

Game 3 of the regular season compared to a Superbowl. Yeah, very comparable. Unlike Superbowl XL, the officials upheld their call after the Packers game. Everyone and their momma knows what went down. Let's not try to equate the Packers' plight with ours, even if it was a bad call.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• The media still hates the Tate catch? I'm pretty sure the Tate catch is a wet dream come true for the media.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    mretrade wrote:My general respect for Seahawks fans is declining by the minute. The Seahawks won the game. It was a bad call. Bad calls happen. But to attack bipolar the way you guys are attacking him is ridiculous. The majority of this board knew they got away with one after that touchdown. And its hilarious that someone here is trying to post a picture as rationalization as to how the play was called correctly. Bipolar admitted himself that the Packers didn't deserve to win the game and yet you guys are trying to make him out to be someone who can't let things go. And this is coming from a fanbase who still whines over the refs in superbowl XL. Cat calling the kettle black.

It was called correctly. If you don't our take on it then you can go. Won't miss you.

This ^^^

The picture is pertinent because it was shot from the angle the official was viewing from when he made the call. NONE of replay angles offer enough to come close to overturning that. TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!
    "Hilarious" is how the East coast-biased mediots have nothing but subjective analysis the to build upon the hype and rage, but, hey, we should be used to that by now.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• In the words of the eternal Steve "Mooch" Mariucci after the press told him the NFL admitted the refs missed the pass interference call on the final play of the NY Giants/49ers playoff game:

"Bummer."
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Your chastisement has helped me see the error or my ways.
    :49ersmall:
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Honestly, why do you think we'd care if you respected us or not?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• The funny thing is that most people don't even remember that Tirico called it a simultaneous catch as it actually happened. The only reason he didn't say it again is because Gruden, who has ties to Green Bay mind you started on the rant about how it should have been an interception. Then after the game, another couple of former players who have disliked the Seahawks go on their rants about how it shouldn't have been a catch and viola, you have most people thinking it was called incorrectly. Then on the next days Sportscenter they never even showed the bogus pass interference against Chancellor that gave them their only TD drive. It was on that nights Sportscenter, but they needed to edit that out to make their point about the media darlings being jobbed.
    FIRE CABLE!
    BASF
    NET Veteran

• I just love people were talking about the Seahawks and Tate, it was fantastic. And to piss of the east coast media and the darlings of the NFL the Packers, even better!

People are still attacking Wilson and Tate on FB and twitter, we even (as seen above) have Packer fans creeping around STILL crying about it.

Embrace the hate folks, that anger and jealousy directed our way... you know what that is? Relevance. And it feels so good. I rather be hated than ignored.

So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• The media is feasting. NFL New York lost control of the league a long time ago. League officials act like a bunch of lawyers running the NFL into the ground ...... much like what is happening in Washington DC.

More evidence >>>>
    So it’s surprising that Stafford wasn’t fined. I asked the league office to shed some light on why Vick was fined but Stafford wasn’t, but I got no response.

That sounds so familiar.

Source >>> http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... low-block/
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• At first I thought , wow, we sure got lucky there. If the call was right or wrong doesn't really matter because tough call, lucky calls, or whatever you want to call them happen all the time.Water under the bridge so to speak. The more the media and Packers fans hold on to this call, the more I hope it cost them. Packers are such media darlings ! I hope we meet in the playoffs and kick their wimpy whiny asses.
    haroldseattle
    NET Bench Warmer

• image.jpg
    image.jpg (150.13 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• At this rate, I think I want to get a 12 jersey with "HE HATE ME" on the back. Embrace the hate. Give in to the Dark Side....

I hope we not only play GB in the playoffs, but we play them at Lambeau. Then I hope we beat their asses into the ground and tate spikes the ball on the G a'la TO. Screw those clowns and screw their "history"...
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Previous

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information