The BCS Chaos I Want To See

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Here's what I'm hoping happens next week.

USC beats Notre Dame
Georgia Tech beats Georgia
Florida State beats Florida
Clemson beats South Carolina
Duke beats Miami (FL)
Oregon beats Oregon State
UCLA beats Stanford
Kansas State beats Texas
Ohio State beats Michigan

That would set up a Championship Weekend of the following:

Oregon (11-1) vs UCLA (10-2) for the Pac-12
Alabama (11-1) vs Georgia (10-2) for the SEC
Florida State (11-1) vs. Georgia Tech (7-5) for the ACC

You would also have Kansas State (11-1), Notre Dame (11-1), and Clemson (11-1) sitting idle and hoping two of the three 1-loss teams in the Championship games lose to give them a chance to sneak in. Meanwhile, Ohio State (12-0) would be undefeated and left out because their overrated, hypocritical ex-coach recruited morons that screwed up the program leaving these kids to pay the price.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I want USC to beat Notre Dame.
Oregon to beat Oregon State.
Florida State to beat Florida.

If those 3 things happen it will be a battle between Florida State and Oregon to see who plays the SEC champion in the title game. It would also really help if UCLA can beat Stanford, but I dont think that will happen since UCLA has nothing to play for and Stanford is still in a must win situation (if Oregon wins).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3dr5kjon said:
SeatownJay":3dr5kjon said:
peachesenregalia":3dr5kjon said:
K-state won't be sitting idle.
Sure they will, the Big 12 doesn't have a conference championship game anymore.

Check the schedule. They've added an extra game to compensate. KSU is idle next weekend, then finishes their season against #15 Texas on 12/01.

They didnt add an extra game, they just added an extra bye week so they're still playing on teh Championship game day but it will be their 12th game, rather then the 13th game that the division championship participants will play.

It will still be a disadvantage for K State because the Championship game winners will be 12-1 and K State will only be 11-1 (potentially).

JSeahawks

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":auqusr0e said:
JSeahawks":auqusr0e said:
They didnt add an extra game, they just added an extra bye week so they're still playing on teh Championship game day but it will be their 12th game, rather then the 13th game that the division championship participants will play.

It will still be a disadvantage for K State because the Championship game winners will be 12-1 and K State will only be 11-1 (potentially).

Well, right. But they won't be idle is what I'm saying. And that's even if Oregon makes it to the Championship game. Don't sleep on the beavs.

Yea, I dont think Oregon is going to make it. I think they'll beat the beavs, but I also think STanford will beat UCLA. So Stanford will get the bid. I actually think that the Ducks have a better chance at going to the national title game then the pac 12 title game.

Which I hate (i think if you dont win your conference you should not be allowed to play for the national title.)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Florida State has a great chance.. I wouldn't hold your breath with USC, Georgia Tech and UCLA though.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1bngaioi said:
Florida State has a great chance.. I wouldn't hold your breath with USC, Georgia Tech and UCLA though.

Yea, if Barklay were 100% i would expect them to beat Notre Dame with little problem. Without him its highly quesionable. The Ducks dont need Georgia Tech to win just because Georgia and Alabama will play each other, so one of them will automatically lose. And we need UCLA to win to get to the Rose Bowl, but not necessarily to get to the BCS Title game.