Bye week out of the box trade talk!

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Bye week out of the box trade talk!
Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:38 pm
  • Right.

A) Trade deadline passed

B) Flynn value is limited, the ceiling is probably one 3rd round pick based on how little action he saw as a free agent, and the likelihood of the Seahawks parting wiith him strikes me as somewhat low, his cap number is not bad for a quality backup

C) Tebow value is limited, with his current teammates saying terrible things about him, and his performance in games being lackluster in the sense that any decent NFL team has guys on the roster that can already do the stuff he's doing, it makes no sense that a team like ours would even use a roster spot on the guy

I do absolutely agree with the OP and some other PP in one major respect. I do think that if the right desperate team comes calling for a QB, that's when you maximize the value for Flynn... I was kind of surprised that this didn't happen before the deadline, things like the Cutler injury, or Worthlessburger injury, if they had happened a few weeks ago, we might very well have traded Flynn and turned around and signed a random veteran to be our backup QB.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:04 pm
  • Dont know how many of you heard it but Peter King was on kjr this morning and did mention the draft for qbs is not that great this year and he expected allot inquiries on Flynn.He did mention KC.wish Gonzales was younger.Not sure I wanted the trade now, more the off season.still think we need the safety blanket till the end of the season second week in feb.
    piston bully
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:07 pm
  • Complete ridiculousness aside, Eff yea I'd do that. A first round pick for Flynn? I mean, the best we could probably actually get is a 6th or 7th for him, so you bet your ass I would do that deal. I would immediately trade or cut Tebow. Don't want him at all, but you bet I'll take the hassle of getting rid of him if it means we get that first round pick for Flynn.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:44 pm
  • piston bully wrote:Dont know how many of you heard it but Peter King was on kjr this morning and did mention the draft for qbs is not that great this year and he expected allot inquiries on Flynn.He did mention KC.wish Gonzales was younger.Not sure I wanted the trade now, more the off season.still think we need the safety blanket till the end of the season second week in feb.

Tony Gonalez? He's on the Falcons and already announced he was retiring at the end of this season. You don't often see player for player trades in the NFL anyway. If you're going to bark up the trade tree.... start looking at who has what draft picks and what they'd be willing to give up for a specific player. Typically the draft picks are conditional as well.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information