The Worst part of Oregon losing

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
The Worst part of Oregon losing
Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm
  • We're going to have 2 SEC times in the championship again. Cuz I think USC is beating Notre Dame.

%(^()*%)_(*^*
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: The Worst part of Oregon losing
Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 pm
  • Not to be superstitious but I hope we never wear black tops in Nov, on a abc game again. It's only 2 years but damn they have both been painful losses.
    SarG3Hawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:47 pm
  • This is the only downside to UO losing. Worth it. The Ducks are the Yankees of CFB, and since my team can't ever be bothered to play like a real football team, I might as well take some pleasure in a better team doing what UW can't.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:49 pm
  • KSU bears 1/2 the responsibility.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:50 pm
  • I wonder if Florida State is back into play. I imagine the voters really don't want to see another rematch all-SEC championship game again. If FSU can beat Florida, I could see them getting a bigger bump in the polls than they should.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:55 pm
  • Rat wrote:I wonder if Florida State is back into play. I imagine the voters really don't want to see another rematch all-SEC championship game again. If FSU can beat Florida, I could see them getting a bigger bump in the polls than they should.

I could deal with that. I like the Seminoles.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:56 pm
  • If USC beats Notre Dame then there's going to be a few teams that can make a case to play the SEC Champion in the title game. Four games next weekend will help clear things up: Oregon @ Oregon State, Stanford @ UCLA, Florida @ Florida State, and Notre Dame @ USC.
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:57 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:%(^()*%)_(*^*

Is this supposed to be a naughty word or a failed Kirby emoticon? ;)

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week). On one kick. That sucks. It was really cruel too how there was that fumble at the end to provide false hope. You can blame me for the loss if you want, since it was just the second time I've rooted for the ducks in a game, with the other being the national championship a couple years ago.

Sorry about the loss man. I can relate to the emotion, UW has lost similar champion derailing games in the past, the most recent in Eugene about 12 years ago. I noticed that the stands did not empty out after the loss for a good 5-10 minutes. People were just standing there. I have never seen a greater sense of shock in my life.

As far as Mariota, I hate to rub it in, but I made the Alex Smith comp just in time. He wasn't even under a ton of duress tonight, and still folded like a beach chair. This game is exactly what I meant about adversity, and he failed the test. This is why I wasn't so quick to crown him anything, and not just because of his extremely skinny frame and overly risky throwing tendencies.

On the bright side, Chip Kelly will probably stay at Oregon for a while longer now. That plus Oregon is not necessarily out of it in the national championship race. They would not be the first team to make it to the big game without winning their conference or even attending the championship game. A lot needs to happen, but there is still reason for hope.

Hogan looked pretty good btw. His fundamentals are really solid especially for a freshman.

Props for taking it all like a man J. If this happened to me, I probably would ban myself from .net for 24 hours.
    Last edited by kearly on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:02 pm
  • Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

I thought Chip Kelly was terrible tonight. I thought Barner was terrible tonight. I dont understand what Chip has against DAT, who was gaining good yardage on his carries. I thought he should have been the RB in the 4th quarter and overtime. Mariota wasnt great tonight, but I still think in a few years he'll be the top pick in the draft.

Stanford was great. I think if they'd have been playing Hogan all year they'd be #1 in the country right now. Cuz they shouldnt have lost to either Washington or Notre Dame.

The good news is, as long as the Ducks beat the Beavers next week they should be in a BCS game regardless of whether they make the Pac 12 Championship or not. They should get an at large bid to the Fiesta Bowl or Orange bowl or something.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:03 pm
  • The worst part is I don't get to soak up a seahawks win tomorrow to make this sting less... Though I do get to soak in lots of booze.
    sturg78
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:07 pm
  • Hogan feels like a mix of Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins. Decently mobile, his footwork and throwing mechanics are very Luck-like, and but he's nowhere near the prospect that Luck was, kind of a scrappy over-achiever and winner like Cousins.

Kind of funny that Stanford's only Pac-12 loss so far has been to UW. And I completely agree, Stanford probably wins that game with Hogan. Their previous QB was garbage and basically lost the UW game. Price/Sankey had a nice 2nd half in that game to earn the win, but Stanford was CLEARLY the better team. By a mile.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:10 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

I thought Chip Kelly was terrible tonight. I thought Barner was terrible tonight. I dont understand what Chip has against DAT, who was gaining good yardage on his carries. I thought he should have been the RB in the 4th quarter and overtime. Mariota wasnt great tonight, but I still think in a few years he'll be the top pick in the draft.

Stanford was great. I think if they'd have been playing Hogan all year they'd be #1 in the country right now. Cuz they shouldnt have lost to either Washington or Notre Dame.

The good news is, as long as the Ducks beat the Beavers next week they should be in a BCS game regardless of whether they make the Pac 12 Championship or not. They should get an at large bid to the Fiesta Bowl or Orange bowl or something.

I wish you'd take it a little harder. For as much ribbing as you give out, it'd be more satisfying for me if it bothered you in return. :thirishdrinkers:
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:13 pm
  • kearly wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:%(^()*%)_(*^*

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week).

I don't get how Oregon even has a chance left to play in the P12 championship game?

Oregon and Stanford both have 1 loss in the north, and Stanford beat Oregon obviously.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm
  • cesame wrote:
    kearly wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:%(^()*%)_(*^*

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week).

I don't get how Oregon even has a chance left to play in the P12 championship game?

Oregon and Stanford both have 1 loss in the north, and Stanford beat Oregon obviously.

If UCLA beats Stanford next week and the Ducks beat the Beavers, then we're back in the Pac 12 title game.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 pm
  • How though?

I don't get it.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:18 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

I wish you'd take it a little harder. For as much ribbing as you give out, it'd be more satisfying for me if it bothered you in return. :thirishdrinkers:

Well, dont get me wrong, i'm dissapointed. Honestly, i thought we were a shoe in to not only make the title game, but win it. I couldnt imagine anybody doing to our offense what Stanford did. I just dont take losses too hard. That said... I hate our kicker.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:19 pm
  • cesame wrote:How though?

I don't get it.

Its based off Pac 12 records. Stanford already lost to Washington, so if they lose next week they'll be 7-2 in conference. If the Ducks win next week they'll be 8-1 in conference.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm
  • Oh, I figured it was based on your record in your respective division in the conference.
    cesame
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    jkitsune wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

Well, dont get me wrong, i'm dissapointed. Honestly, i thought we were a shoe in to not only make the title game, but win it. I couldnt imagine anybody doing to our offense what Stanford did. I just dont take losses too hard. That said... I hate our kicker.

Your disappointment is less gratifying than I have always dreamed it would be. If I were you I would be sick to my stomach. I do have a tendency to get over-involved in these things.

Long story short, Oregon will be fine for a while, title game this year or no. Maybe CK will decide to go pro this year...
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:31 am
  • LOL
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:32 am
  • The funniest thing to me is that BYU is a better team than Notre Dame (and I mean that... they were one bad play away from a QB who has a broken back) from beating Notre Dame, and they pounded them up and down the field all game, and now Notre Dame is going to play in a National Championship game. If this doesn't show why a playoff is needed nothing does. Notre Dame wouldn't win their first playoff game, let alone make it to a national championship game. Whereas a team like BYU who sucks rhino and lost to San Jose State today could probably win a game or two in a playoff, having lost to Boise St. on a botched extra point and the previously described game against ND. Both teams would probably make it in, and they just aren't very good.

If it's all SEC, then I'm all not watching it at all. Absolutely zero interest. If Notre Dame plays, I'll watch the first quarter just to see if they are down by 48-0 yet.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:36 am
  • Sarlacc83 wrote:KSU bears 1/2 the responsibility.

Very nice.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:14 am
  • Looks like there is actually a god.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:36 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:We're going to have 2 SEC times in the championship again. Cuz I think USC is beating Notre Dame.

%(^()*%)_(*^*

There is no worst part of Oregon losing! :)
    I expect the beavs to beat the ucks as well!
    Chip Kelly will be gone at the end of the year, as Oregone will be on probation! :)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:We're going to have 2 SEC times in the championship again. Cuz I think USC is beating Notre Dame.

%(^()*%)_(*^*

There is no worst part of Oregon losing! :)
    I expect the beavs to beat the ucks as well!
    Chip Kelly will be gone at the end of the year, as Oregone will be on probation! :)

Well, I think you got one out of 3 right. Maybe 2. I do expect Chip to be in the NFL next year. It's quite possible they'll be on probation, but I dont think it will be anything too serious, just a few lost scholarships and some new rules in the NCAA rule book to close the grey area's we were working in, I dont expect a bowl ban.

You should have added, "next year they'll complete their decade of dominance against UW" so you could have hit 50% for your predictions.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 pm
  • Alabama is the best team in college football. They lost a game against a QB who played inspired football, and that'll happen sometimes. I don't get the complaining about the SEC. The best game would've been Ducks vs Bama. I'm more pissed we don't get to see that game than the fact Bama will probably get there to end the Notre Dame hype with a beat down.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 pm
  • Doubt USC pulls off the upset, especially if Barkley is out like it sounds like he will be.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm
  • theENGLISHseahawk wrote:Alabama is the best team in college football. They lost a game against a QB who played inspired football, and that'll happen sometimes. I don't get the complaining about the SEC. The best game would've been Ducks vs Bama. I'm more pissed we don't get to see that game than the fact Bama will probably get there to end the Notre Dame hype with a beat down.

I think the complaining about the SEC is mostly due to their fans, not due to the SEC teams themself. That and the fact that there seems to be a perceived (in my opinion legitimate) bias towards the SEC in the polls.

I actually still think there's a pretty good chance that Oregon and Alabama face off.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:35 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:I actually still think there's a pretty good chance that Oregon and Alabama face off.

Next season maybe.

Oregon won't even be in the Rose Bowl anymore.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:36 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I actually still think there's a pretty good chance that Oregon and Alabama face off.

Next season maybe.

Agree'd. They have a better chance to make the title game then the Rose Bowl, imo.

If Florida State beats Florida. USC beats Notre Dame. And Oregon beats Oregon State we should be in the title game since we're now ahead of K State in the BCS.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:38 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    Hasselbeck wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:I actually still think there's a pretty good chance that Oregon and Alabama face off.

Next season maybe.

Agree'd. They have a better chance to make the title game then the Rose Bowl, imo.

If Florida State beats Florida. USC beats Notre Dame. And Oregon beats Oregon State we should be in the title game since we're now ahead of K State in the BCS.

In sum. The BCS is a giant pile of crap. :lol:

I suppose USC is the wild card in this. Barkley being out is big though.. Notre Dame's D is no joke, and now we're trotting out a RS Frosh. I would much prefer to see Oregon in there than Notre Dame though. Saban with a month to prepare for them could get ugly. I think Oregon would give Bama a tough time though, they're like A&M on crack when they're clicking.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm
  • Why is BYU brought up in any conversation? honestly. what a joke.. Seem I have read something about them in many threads.. why? what have they done? Oh they have 5 losses and just lost to San Jose st? Better than Notre dame.

PLEEZZZEEE that is insanity.. Your complete body of work over the whole season defines you.. not one game where you get up for a real team..
    redeye81
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information