The Worst part of Oregon losing

JSeahawks

Reaction score
We're going to have 2 SEC times in the championship again. Cuz I think USC is beating Notre Dame.

%(^()*%)_(*^*

SarG3Hawk

Reaction score
Not to be superstitious but I hope we never wear black tops in Nov, on a abc game again. It's only 2 years but damn they have both been painful losses.

jkitsune

Reaction score
This is the only downside to UO losing. Worth it. The Ducks are the Yankees of CFB, and since my team can't ever be bothered to play like a real football team, I might as well take some pleasure in a better team doing what UW can't.

Rat

Reaction score
I wonder if Florida State is back into play. I imagine the voters really don't want to see another rematch all-SEC championship game again. If FSU can beat Florida, I could see them getting a bigger bump in the polls than they should.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Rat":2uqemet4 said:
I wonder if Florida State is back into play. I imagine the voters really don't want to see another rematch all-SEC championship game again. If FSU can beat Florida, I could see them getting a bigger bump in the polls than they should.

I could deal with that. I like the Seminoles.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If USC beats Notre Dame then there's going to be a few teams that can make a case to play the SEC Champion in the title game. Four games next weekend will help clear things up: Oregon @ Oregon State, Stanford @ UCLA, Florida @ Florida State, and Notre Dame @ USC.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3p7jgup4 said:
%(^()*%)_(*^*

Is this supposed to be a naughty word or a failed Kirby emoticon? ;)

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week). On one kick. That sucks. It was really cruel too how there was that fumble at the end to provide false hope. You can blame me for the loss if you want, since it was just the second time I've rooted for the ducks in a game, with the other being the national championship a couple years ago.

Sorry about the loss man. I can relate to the emotion, UW has lost similar champion derailing games in the past, the most recent in Eugene about 12 years ago. I noticed that the stands did not empty out after the loss for a good 5-10 minutes. People were just standing there. I have never seen a greater sense of shock in my life.

As far as Mariota, I hate to rub it in, but I made the Alex Smith comp just in time. He wasn't even under a ton of duress tonight, and still folded like a beach chair. This game is exactly what I meant about adversity, and he failed the test. This is why I wasn't so quick to crown him anything, and not just because of his extremely skinny frame and overly risky throwing tendencies.

On the bright side, Chip Kelly will probably stay at Oregon for a while longer now. That plus Oregon is not necessarily out of it in the national championship race. They would not be the first team to make it to the big game without winning their conference or even attending the championship game. A lot needs to happen, but there is still reason for hope.

Hogan looked pretty good btw. His fundamentals are really solid especially for a freshman.

Props for taking it all like a man J. If this happened to me, I probably would ban myself from .net for 24 hours.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

I thought Chip Kelly was terrible tonight. I thought Barner was terrible tonight. I dont understand what Chip has against DAT, who was gaining good yardage on his carries. I thought he should have been the RB in the 4th quarter and overtime. Mariota wasnt great tonight, but I still think in a few years he'll be the top pick in the draft.

Stanford was great. I think if they'd have been playing Hogan all year they'd be #1 in the country right now. Cuz they shouldnt have lost to either Washington or Notre Dame.

The good news is, as long as the Ducks beat the Beavers next week they should be in a BCS game regardless of whether they make the Pac 12 Championship or not. They should get an at large bid to the Fiesta Bowl or Orange bowl or something.

sturg78

Reaction score
The worst part is I don't get to soak up a seahawks win tomorrow to make this sting less... Though I do get to soak in lots of booze.

kearly

Reaction score
Hogan feels like a mix of Andrew Luck and Kirk Cousins. Decently mobile, his footwork and throwing mechanics are very Luck-like, and but he's nowhere near the prospect that Luck was, kind of a scrappy over-achiever and winner like Cousins.

Kind of funny that Stanford's only Pac-12 loss so far has been to UW. And I completely agree, Stanford probably wins that game with Hogan. Their previous QB was garbage and basically lost the UW game. Price/Sankey had a nice 2nd half in that game to earn the win, but Stanford was CLEARLY the better team. By a mile.

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2egj2zo8 said:
Eh, i'm already over the loss. I like to talk a lot of shit with the Ducks, but really their losses dont effect me much. They're more just a hobby between Seahawks games.

I thought Chip Kelly was terrible tonight. I thought Barner was terrible tonight. I dont understand what Chip has against DAT, who was gaining good yardage on his carries. I thought he should have been the RB in the 4th quarter and overtime. Mariota wasnt great tonight, but I still think in a few years he'll be the top pick in the draft.

Stanford was great. I think if they'd have been playing Hogan all year they'd be #1 in the country right now. Cuz they shouldnt have lost to either Washington or Notre Dame.

The good news is, as long as the Ducks beat the Beavers next week they should be in a BCS game regardless of whether they make the Pac 12 Championship or not. They should get an at large bid to the Fiesta Bowl or Orange bowl or something.

I wish you'd take it a little harder. For as much ribbing as you give out, it'd be more satisfying for me if it bothered you in return. :thirishdrinkers:

cesame

Reaction score
kearly":2nib7krw said:
JSeahawks":2nib7krw said:
%(^()*%)_(*^*

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week).

I don't get how Oregon even has a chance left to play in the P12 championship game?

Oregon and Stanford both have 1 loss in the north, and Stanford beat Oregon obviously.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1xm4lwu4 said:
kearly":1xm4lwu4 said:
JSeahawks":1xm4lwu4 said:
%(^()*%)_(*^*

Actually, the worst part about this loss is that your team went from what would have been #1 overall in the polls to not even playing in the Pac-12 championship game (barring a miracle next week).

I don't get how Oregon even has a chance left to play in the P12 championship game?

Oregon and Stanford both have 1 loss in the north, and Stanford beat Oregon obviously.

If UCLA beats Stanford next week and the Ducks beat the Beavers, then we're back in the Pac 12 title game.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
jkitsune":1jp64ww7 said:
JSeahawks":1jp64ww7 said:

I wish you'd take it a little harder. For as much ribbing as you give out, it'd be more satisfying for me if it bothered you in return. :thirishdrinkers:

Well, dont get me wrong, i'm dissapointed. Honestly, i thought we were a shoe in to not only make the title game, but win it. I couldnt imagine anybody doing to our offense what Stanford did. I just dont take losses too hard. That said... I hate our kicker.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":1e3912c4 said:
How though?

I don't get it.

Its based off Pac 12 records. Stanford already lost to Washington, so if they lose next week they'll be 7-2 in conference. If the Ducks win next week they'll be 8-1 in conference.

cesame

Reaction score
Oh, I figured it was based on your record in your respective division in the conference.

jkitsune

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xce5p2t said:
jkitsune":1xce5p2t said:
JSeahawks":1xce5p2t said:

Well, dont get me wrong, i'm dissapointed. Honestly, i thought we were a shoe in to not only make the title game, but win it. I couldnt imagine anybody doing to our offense what Stanford did. I just dont take losses too hard. That said... I hate our kicker.

Your disappointment is less gratifying than I have always dreamed it would be. If I were you I would be sick to my stomach. I do have a tendency to get over-involved in these things.

Long story short, Oregon will be fine for a while, title game this year or no. Maybe CK will decide to go pro this year...

Latest posts