I wonder who USC's coach will be next year? Sark?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • I don't think it will be Kiffin if this continues.

I wonder if they would target Sark?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Let em
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Neuheisel's looking for work...
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• best not be wilcox
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I would think USC would want to go sexier, but I wonder what would happen if Pete Carroll called them up and gave them a glowing endorsement of Gus Bradley?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Throwdown wrote:best not be wilcox

Don't worry cal already has him on speed dial.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:
    Throwdown wrote:best not be wilcox

Don't worry cal already has him on speed dial.

I hope they forget to pay their phone bills
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Apparently Pat Haden has already decided that Kiffin will return next year.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/stor ... -pat-haden
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I'm as big a Kiffin hater as anyone. Before the season I predicted that USC (who opened #1 in the polls) would finish with 3 or even 4 conference losses. There have been rumors about USC's locker room not always being a great place to be, and it's hard to avoid the skepticism when Kiffin is constantly donning scowls and (I say this as scientifically as possible) generally looks like a whiny douche on the sidelines. He's always been a "less with more" coach. And Barkley, even though I really like him as a QB, and still do, I also recognized that his 2011 season ended on an obvious hot streak, and it's tough to play perfect football for terribly long. Really, this season is surprising everyone but me. I saw it coming a mile away.

Now excuse while I put my arm in a sling after patting myself on the back so hard, but even I don't think Kiffin should be fired. Yet. He still inherited a team in the midst of a death penalty, and all things being said, he did keep that team relevant. He did it more with stellar recruiting than with his mediocre coaching, but he has by no means earned a pink slip.

That said, where will USC be next season without Barkley? Max Browne will have to start as a Freshman. Browne should fit USC well given that Barkley was a similar type of player who relied on his brain more than his feet. Browne was a top QB prospect nationally (out of Seattle no less), and after watching him a little it's almost eery how much his footwork and mechanics look like Peyton Manning's, so I can see why the hype is there. But still, it's rare for freshman QBs to excel immediately- it's part of what's made Johnny Manziel a national sports hero. I could very easily see USC taking a big step back in 2013, and if they are 7-5 or 6-6, it would be reasonably justified to let Kiffin go, considering the wins vs. talent level.
    Last edited by kearly on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• kearly wrote:I'm as big a Kiffin hater as anyone. Before the season I predicted that USC (who opened #1 in the polls) would finish with 3 or even 4 conference losses. There have been rumors about USC's locker room not always being a great place to be, and it's hard to avoid the skepticism when Kiffin is constantly donning scowls and (I say this as scientifically as possible) generally looks like a whiny douche on the sidelines. He's always been a "less with more" coach. And Barkley, even though I really like him as a QB, and still do, I also recognized that his 2011 season ended on an obvious hot streak, and it's tough to play perfect football for terribly long. Really, this season is surprising everyone but me. I saw it coming a mile away.

Now excuse while I put my arm in a sling after patting myself on the back so hard, but even I don't think Kiffin should be fired. Yet. He still inherited a team in the midst of a death penalty, and all things being said, he did keep that team relevant. He did it more with stellar recruiting than with his mediocre coaching, but he has by no means earned a pink slip.

That said, where will USC be next season without Barkley? Max Browne will have to start as a RS Freshman. Browne should fit USC well given that Barkley was a similar type of player who relied on his brain more than his feet. Browne was a top QB prospect nationally (out of Seattle no less), and after watching him a little it's almost eery how much his footwork and mechanics look like Peyton Manning's, so I can see why the hype is there. But still, it's rare for freshman QBs to excel immediately- it's part of what's made Johnny Manziel a national sports hero. I could very easily see USC taking a big step back in 2013, and if they are 7-5 or 6-6, it would be reasonably justified to let Kiffin go, considering the wins vs. talent level.

Max Browne is still in HS, and would be a true freshman next year.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• Lane Kiffin
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

• ChrisB Bacon wrote:Max Browne is still in HS, and would be a true freshman next year.

Thanks. I knew that, not sure why I put the RS in there.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Sark has to elevate the Huskies to a real Pac 12 champion before he is looked at for the USC job I am thinking, that and I don't think his mentality much like Pete will allow him to leave with a job half assed done.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• JSeahawks wrote:I would think USC would want to go sexier, but I wonder what would happen if Pete Carroll called them up and gave them a glowing endorsement of Gus Bradley?

Oh please football gawds Make it so! Really! This is the best idea you've EVER come up with! :th2thumbs: :0190l:
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Lane will be. Monte will most likely retire. Rumor has it he would stay on in some sort of admin role and someone else would become the defensive play caller. Ed O. is at least nominally the DC now, so I'm not sure how that would shake out.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Justin Wilcox is a wanted man. It's just a question of time before he takes a hc job someplace. His contract is for I believe three years and he seems like the kind of guy who would honor it. I hope.
    SEAHAWKS CAN EXPLOIT TIGHT PASS DEFENSE RULES
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/08/20/ ... crutiny/1/
    Follow me on Twitter: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information