Russell Wilson, week 10 rookie of the Week

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Very nice. It was cool to see him work thru some rookie struggles in the first half and to see him adjust in the 2nd half. Good learning experience

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm surprised he got this, there was't a "clear winner" amongst the candidates, IMO. I mean, of course I voted our guy up, but he DID have two fumbles, one of which was returned for a TD.

Either way, he deserves it for getting slighted earlier in the season on it. Great job, Russell; keep it up. You might just hoist the Lombardi in your rookie year if you keep this up.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Nice! How the hell did he not win it after the Patriots game though? RG3 or Luck must've had a hell of a game to top that.

aku

Reaction score
Killa Kam":1f63zeiv said:
Nice! How the hell did he not win it after the Patriots game though? RG3 or Luck must've had a hell of a game to top that.

That was the week RG3 broke off the huge 70+ yard run, which ESPN played non stop for days. He also had a 77% completion rating and ran for 2 TDs. Even 293 yards and 3TDs couldn't top that much hype.

HansGruber

Reaction score
aku":2l7ujw5c said:
Killa Kam":2l7ujw5c said:

That was the week RG3 broke off the huge 70+ yard run, which ESPN played non stop for days. He also had a 77% completion rating and ran for 2 TDs. Even 293 yards and 3TDs couldn't top that much hype.

Griffin can have the hype. I haven't bought into the hype since I watched him in person at the Alamo Bowl. Guy made the UW defense look like USC in its heyday, and UW that year had the worst defense I have EVER seen in college football (Polk got fired for a reason).

Griffin will have a short run of success in the NFL. And we're already starting to see it. Defenses are figuring him out, he's having to run more, and as a result, he's already gotten a concussion once this season. That's not good.

With Wilson's work ethic and drive, and with the progress he's shown so far this season, we're going to come out ahead in the long run.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
This might sound weird, but I'd rather hear about him being recognized for success during a road game. It really grated on me llstening to the commentator as the All Access video played.... After every stat/achievement, the guy made sure to say said 'AT HOME!' pretty forcefully and with a hint of sass behind it. Who was that douche bag anyway? What bugs me worse is that he spoke the truth.

I'll be happy when we start seeing more road wins, so we don't give the douche bags any more ammo :th2thumbs: