This defense will destroy Ryan Tannehill

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":h2yqezfm said:
Would you agree that he was just drafted way too high?

Yes definitely. For some reason, despite some fairly mediocre play last year, he suddenly became a first round lock. This is a guy who had one full year as a starting quarterback, playing on a good Texas A&M roster and one of the best lines in CFB. He wouldn't be able to beat Alabama like the current QB at A&M. And yet he's drafted #8 overall and starting in week one in the NFL.

I guess it's another example of teams over rating size, speed at the QB position. He wasn't a poised, accurate passer. He flashed hot and cold, but had serious mechanical issues. For me he should've been a second round pick, benched for a year or two as you say Peaches and then brought along slowly. Plus, he has the upside of being a WR/TE option on some plays. But throwing him in like this, with a bad supporting cast, I don't get it. And he better hope Mike Sherman sticks around as offensive coordinator.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Tical21":1xwvlvih said:
Whoa whoa. I'm not expecting a blowout by any stretch. The Fins have a legitimate defense, and we're playing at 10am on the east coast. I'm not sure we're going to score enough points to blow them out. And say what you want about Tannehill, but he has had moments. Put on the tape of the Colts game. Kid is AWFULLY talented. Don't think it was a stretch of a pick at all.

Coming off a 37-3 trouncing at the hands of the Titans, at home and then a 19-14 loss at Buffalo where they threw the game away, it appears that the Dolphins are trending downwards at the moment. Meanwhile, the Hawks will be coming off a much needed bye week following two strong victories with a playoff push in reach.

I believe the guys get it done, comfortably, but I can definitely see why you'd have some concern with the way the team's played on the road so far this season.

Blazenhawks

Reaction score
Guys it's a 10am not matter who the team is we have always struggled at 10am

NYCoug

Reaction score
Blazenhawks":2w6kk8e5 said:

Well, we've got to get over the hump sooner or later. If the one thing that holds us back from ever winning a Super Bowl is 10am starts, well, I don't even want to think about that...

But it hasn't ALWAYS been the case. One of my greatest days as a Seahawks fan came last season when I got to watch the Seahawks beat the Giants at the new Meadowlands in a 10am game. If they could do it then, they can do it now.

hawker84

Reaction score
Blazenhawks":3c48mfn8 said:

bleh..... sick of hearing all this 10:00am , can't win on the road crap.. hawks are finally geling, our offense is getting in sinc, recievers and backs aren't displaying the dropsies nowhere near as much as before, the stupid penalties have been dramatically reduced last 4, 5 games.. all played a huge part in our losses on the road this year.... both those teams i watched last night are very bad... there is no way we should lose to either of those teams, at ten am, on the road or not... it's on... but as stated before, if we do, then we are not where we thought we were and have some work to do in the off season....

JerHawk81

Reaction score
10 am road games are always s challenge for us. Young teams like Miami are volatile and can over perform

I'm actually afraid to make any predictions on this game... we as easily the better team but an not sure we win

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Aros":2itzk1o4 said:
If we lose to the gawddam awful Dolphins in Miami than I'm not sure how any of us can think we deserve a playoff spot.

We better beat that team in a week, road woes be damned.

No doubt. If we drop this one, it falls under the category of "I'm just going to forget about the playoffs because we don't deserve to be in them."

BlueTalons

Reaction score
This game is going to be just about as close of a game on a neutral field without it being so. That fan base has pretty much mailed it in. Mitch Leavy on 950AM this morning pretty much said that the Miami crowd are going dressed as "orange seats."

12thMan1

Reaction score
Aros":24s2k6wi said:
If we lose to the gawddam awful Dolphins in Miami than I'm not sure how any of us can think we deserve a playoff spot.

We better beat that team in a week, road woes be damned.

Agreed. If we can't beat the Bills and the Dolphins then we don't belong in the playoffs this year.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tical21":1vo688gd said:
Whoa whoa. I'm not expecting a blowout by any stretch. The Fins have a legitimate defense, and we're playing at 10am on the east coast. I'm not sure we're going to score enough points to blow them out. And say what you want about Tannehill, but he has had moments. Put on the tape of the Colts game. Kid is AWFULLY talented. Don't think it was a stretch of a pick at all.

Correction: Miami has a good run defense. Overall, they're #20 in the league, with a moderate #15 in scoring, and they're #28 in passing (by yards per game.) Wilson should have a good game against a bad secondary.

Also, the Colts are #15 against the pass (in yards), and Seattle is #4. I have a feeling that's going to negate Tannehill's talent. Sorry man, but I think you're reaching here.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AbsolutNET":226h07cp said:
No doubt. If we drop this one, it falls under the category of "I'm just going to forget about the playoffs because we don't deserve to be in them."

I'm dead serious. No excuse to lose to the Dolphins, even the Bills. If we do? There's not a person alive that will convince me otherwise that we're simply not as good as we think we are.

If we are as good as we think we are?

We beat both teams in their house. I'm not saying blowout. I'm not saying ANYTHING other than...We WIN THE GAME.

The Bears game I do not expect to win. If we do, that would be pure bonus and a good sign of how good we can be.

Losing to the Dolphins and Bills will say more to me about the state of this team than any other game played this year to-date.

the ditch

Reaction score
Aros":p909sl08 said:
AbsolutNET":p909sl08 said:

I'm dead serious. No excuse to lose to the Dolphins, even the Bills. If we do? There's not a person alive that will convince me otherwise that we're simply not as good as we think we are.

If we are as good as we think we are?

We beat both teams in their house. I'm not saying blowout. I'm not saying ANYTHING other than...We WIN THE GAME.

The Bears game I do not expect to win. If we do, that would be pure bonus and a good sign of how good we can be.

Losing to the Dolphins and Bills will say more to me about the state of this team than any other game played this year to-date.

Totally agree with you, these are games we are the better team and we should win, we need to go out there and get it. There's no reason why we should lose to Miami they're playing terrible football right now.

hawker84

Reaction score
not sure why everyones so certain we're going to lose to the bears... ya it's at their house, but their offense is horrible, even with cutler... they rely on some of their scoring to come off takeaways, and the d scoring.. we don't turn the ball over or at least let the D score, no reason why we couldn't win that game as well... just not seeing why the bears are that much better than us... We have a better offense, and a top 5 defense...

Steve2222

Reaction score
These types of games, where on paper we should kill our opponent, scare the hell out of me. Factor in its a 10am start game and Im very nervous.

Whatever happens, no matter if its 1 or 21 points, I just want another freaking road win. Luckily for me, I was in attendance for our only road win this year :D

hawker84

Reaction score
the lions have a much better offense than the bears, but i hear what you're saying.. i'm not saying it's a definate win, but i'm damn sure not saying it's a definate loss... this team if it plays at it's max capabilities, no penalties, no dropsies, fumbles, can beat anybody, road or home, 10am or 1pm, doesn't matter.. JMO

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Until the Seahawks can prove otherwise, I'm sticking to my prediction that we win out at home and lose out on the road and finish 9-7.

I won't be surprised if we drop one at home and win one more on the road but that still keeps us at 9-7.

The Kool-Aid won't be in my house until we take care of the Dolphins and Bills on the road like ANY Top 10 team should do.