We're ending the regular season...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
We're ending the regular season...
Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm
  • On an 8 game winning streak. You heard it here first.

Losing in the NFC Championship game though.

Next year. Superbowl or bust.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Re: We're ending the regular season...
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:15 pm
  • Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 pm
  • 425HawkSpark wrote:Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.

I havnt quite figured that one out yet (although i'm leaning towards Green Bay), I just dont think we're quite Superbowl caliber yet. But, we're getting close.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.

I havnt quite figured that one out yet (although i'm leaning towards Green Bay), I just dont think we're quite Superbowl caliber yet. But, we're getting close.

If we are NFC championship caliber, than we may as well get into the Super Bowl...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 am
  • The funny thing is, we are probably more likely to win the Superbowl than we are to win the next six straight NFL games. Seems strange that you would oversell this team winning out on the road and at home while underselling them as a Superbowl contender. The Seahawks probably won't end the season 12-4, but as things stand today they definitely look like Superbowl contenders.

The Seahawks are #3 in DVOA and have a team built for the postseason (running offense, great defense). Wilson has been very good in his last 5 games. I see no reason to not think Superbowl caliber. We are 6-4 and could be better if not for losing a lot of close games against a tough schedule. Of the 12 teams that are projected to make the playoffs, Seattle's strength of schedule ranks 4th toughest.

And if you are right, the Seahawks would be 12-4 and riding a huge winning streak entering the playoffs. 12-4 probably gets Seattle a bye, since they'd have the tiebreaker over the Bears/Packers in that scenario and would likely win the division unless SF goes perfect (Seahawks aside) in their last 6 to counter. That would give them homefield advantage, with the only possible road game being at the very over-rated, finesse Atlanta Falcons, who are a lot like the 2005 Seahawks minus an MVP running back.

Edit: just noticed that was post 5001...

kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:42 am
  • kearly wrote:The funny thing is, we are probably more likely to win the Superbowl than we are to win the next six straight NFL games. Seems strange that you would oversell this team winning out on the road and at home while underselling them as a Superbowl contender. The Seahawks probably won't end the season 12-4, but as things stand today they definitely look like Superbowl contenders.

The Seahawks are #3 in DVOA and have a team built for the postseason (running offense, great defense). Wilson has been very good in his last 5 games. I see no reason to not think Superbowl caliber. We are 6-4 and could be better if not for losing a lot of close games against a tough schedule. Of the 12 teams that are projected to make the playoffs, Seattle's strength of schedule ranks 4th toughest.

And if you are right, the Seahawks would be 12-4 and riding a huge winning streak entering the playoffs. 12-4 probably gets Seattle a bye, since they'd have the tiebreaker over the Bears/Packers in that scenario and would likely win the division unless SF goes perfect (Seahawks aside) in their last 6 to counter. That would give them homefield advantage, with the only possible road game being at the very over-rated, finesse Atlanta Falcons, who are a lot like the 2005 Seahawks minus an MVP running back.

Edit: just noticed that was post 5001...

That's my thinking, sort of.

If this team finishes on an 8-game winning streak, I don't see how we lose in the NFC Championship game. We'd have some serious momentum going and home field advantage for a good part of the playoffs. There's not a team in the NFC that scares me if the game is in Seattle.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:46 am
  • Thanks. Now we'll lose to the Dolphins.
    endzorn
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:55 am
  • endzorn wrote:Thanks. Now we'll lose to the Dolphins.

MidwestHawker
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:09 am
  • Ok JSeahawks, if we go 8-0 (which I highly doubt) the next pitcher of Mac N Jacks is on me.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:35 am
  • We will end the season at 10-6 with us losing to the bears and 49ers and lose in the division round to Atlanta
    On twitter @Blazenhawks

New Era of Seahawks football Starts Now!!!!
    Blazenhawks
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:40 am
  • atlanta is one of the least teams that scare me... only teams that scare me are GB and SF... chicago a little ( on the Road ) but we can definately beat either one of the those teams at home... atlanta in their dome doesn't scare me, saints have no D and beat them...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:42 am
  • Every team in this league is beatable, so essentially the OP is correct. However, they need to become at least a .500 team on the road in the future IMO.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:09 am
  • Largent80 wrote:Every team in this league is beatable, so essentially the OP is correct. However, they need to become at least a .500 team on the road in the future IMO.

And the future starts a week from Sunday in Miami!
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:52 am
  • Yes Superbowl or bust! They need to spend the whole next week in Miami party-hardy to get used to the time zone difference, then come out strong against the Dolphins!
    No autographs please
    Jerhawk
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:On an 8 game winning streak. You heard it here first.

No actually...the voices in my head told me this a couple of weeks ago. I just don't let them post here on .NET! :lol:
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:58 am

Pffft, after we beat the Vikings, I said we were winning out. You're second! :lol:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 am
  • I am not sure about the Miami win now as they are in desperation mode and will be rested after yesterdays game. Detroit was the same, they win against us and then lose to the Vikings. So I feel sub par teams somehow find a way to beat us on the road. Maybe this team is currently build to only play against the really good teams. The key is our offense gets hot towards the later part of the game, if the defense can score points in the earlier part of the game, we win. If we keep it close, on the road it is difficult to win for this team.
    seahawks08
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am
  • I dunno, I have a bad feeling about the Bears game. I like us for a 4 game win streak to end the season, though.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am
  • I always have a bad feeling about us playing the Bears. But we have done fairly well there in recent games.

R.I.P. Brother Les
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:44 am
  • I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 am
  • How are so many of you writing off the Niners as a sure win? I understand having confidence in your team but I believe the Niners match-up really well against the Seahawks and would give them fits at either field.
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:53 am
  • 60niners wrote:How are so many of you writing off the Niners as a sure win? I understand having confidence in your team but I believe the Niners match-up really well against the Seahawks and would give them fits at either field.

What? You're questioning why there's an optimistic post on a Seahawks board?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:57 am
  • No way, Seahawks fans actually think their team can beat the precious over-rated 49ers? Oh the horror :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am
  • Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Personally, I think the Niners win in Seattle (duh for a Niner fan) but I am quite concerned should they have to play in the playoffs. I think Seattle has the same youthful energy that the Niners had last year that makes them dangerous anytime. The Niners seem off this year... very flat at times!
    JSeahawks wrote:We might as well rename this site Seahawks&49ers.net.
    60niners
    NET Rookie

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am
  • I think we all deep down realize that is one hell of a tough game, but Denial works better :)
    A lot of ppl, including myself, see the Niners/Hawks series as a split type thing, mainly because we don't lose at home often, and seem to find new ways to lose on the road. And as much as it's tough to admit, the Niners are pretty damn good. :pukeface:
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:53 am
  • I actually saw a few posts on here from people that are worried about the 9ers game, even though it is here at home. IMO no game is a for sure win. What is for sure is that this season has been better than alot of us expected!

Like one said a few posts above, you are on a Seahawks forum, and there will be blue Kool-Aid being passed around every once in a blue moon ;)

Either way may the best team win. And as much as I hate the 9ers I am also biased and will root for them if they do make it past us. NFC West love!
    The 12th Commandment:

THOU SHALL STAY LOUD N PROUD! GO HAWKS!
    12thMode
    NET Starter

Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 am
  • 60niners wrote:How are so many of you writing off the Niners as a sure win? I understand having confidence in your team but I believe the Niners match-up really well against the Seahawks and would give them fits at either field.

Eh, I think it's a combination of knowing that our offense is improving as the season continues paired with the knowledge that our last game against the 49ers was very close. Add to that the fact that it's a home game where our team has been outstanding this season, and I think it's reasonable to be optimistic about the Hawks' chances in that one.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:24 pm
  • Im thinking nfc championship as well with the packers getting their revenge in that game.
    blue 22
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:33 pm
  • At home Hawks can beat 49ers.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:34 pm
  • 60niners wrote:Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Personally, I think the Niners win in Seattle (duh for a Niner fan) but I am quite concerned should they have to play in the playoffs. I think Seattle has the same youthful energy that the Niners had last year that makes them dangerous anytime. The Niners seem off this year... very flat at times!

I don't get that feel at all. Most if not all respect the 49ers, but the last 3 games that have been played have been extremely close. I beleive both teams are equally matched and I beleive this game will feel like last Christmas eve, which had the intensity of a playoff game.

Since this is at Seattle I think Seattle has the slight edge. It should be a fun one, but of course most Seahawks fans will hope to win that game.

The interesting thing is this game comes after SF has to travel to New England and quite possibly their 3-4 loss, this Seattle vs SF game could be the deciding game for the division title and a playoff home game.

I'm of the opinion that Seattle will go 6-0 to close out the year, getting impressive wins over the Bears and the 49ers and taking the #2 seed in the playoffs. Hey if I'm going to dream, might as well dream big.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 pm
  • 60niners wrote:Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Eh, you guys benefited from all the vanilla scheming on both sides of the ball that every NFL team used last year because of the lockout. You benefited more than most, that is. A number of us around here predicted a drop-off in 49ers production for various reasons, that being a big one.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 pm
  • Can't beat the Rams at home, hard to think they are nearly as good as the so called "experts" think
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:44 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    60niners wrote:Lol not that, but it's as if some on here think the Niners don't even stand a chance.

Eh, you guys benefited from all the vanilla scheming on both sides of the ball that every NFL team used last year because of the lockout. You benefited more than most, that is. A number of us around here predicted a drop-off in 49ers production for various reasons, that being a big one.

To be fair, they had a new coach coming in and implementing a whole new playbook in that short offseason is no small task. What SF did last year was a hell of an accomplishment.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:56 pm

It'll depend on if the 49'ers have the division wrapped up by then.

If they do? Then that would mean the Hawks are fighting for their playoff lives, therefore have the edge in being the more desperate team......which should result in a victory.

If BOTH teams are vying for the division or more favorable seed? Then all bets are off.........and this game will be a blood bath.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Well someone's got to win the game it might as well be the hawks at their house...

Strike that.>>I suppose we could do what Ninners been doing lately and end in a TIE. Not. :th2thumbs:
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 pm
  • endzorn wrote:Thanks. Now we'll lose to the Dolphins.

That's usually how these things wind up going.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.

I'm terrified that you, of all people, are predicting this. ;) Admittedly, I feel very good about this, too. First rookie QB to ever make/win a Super Bowl; and no, Kurt Warner does not count. He was far from a rookie with the Rams.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.

I'm terrified that you, of all people, are predicting this. ;) Admittedly, I feel very good about this, too. First rookie QB to ever make/win a Super Bowl; and no, Kurt Warner does not count. He was far from a rookie with the Rams.

You forgot about one of the biggest travesties in Seahawk history? Wish I could forget about that game too.

Super Bowl XL... Ben Roethlisberger... First rookie QB to win a Super Bowl.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:27 pm
  • Funny, my official prediction in the archives have us going 5-1 to close out the season. Losing only to da Bears.

:)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:30 pm
  • firebee wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:I don't know about ending the regular season on a streak, but I have had a strong feeling for two or three weeks now that the Seahawks will win the Super Bowl.

Yep.

You forgot about one of the biggest travesties in Seahawk history? Wish I could forget about that game too.

Super Bowl XL... Ben Roethlisberger... First rookie QB to win a Super Bowl.

Roesthlisberger, much like Marino, went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd year He was drafted in '04 and went to the superbowl in the '05 season

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Losing in the NFC Championship game though.

Next year. Superbowl or bust.

I'm "all in" for this......
    * * (follow me) * *
    So, we finish 12 & 4......
    Who has a better record than us in the conference ??
    Atlanta ??
    ....we already beat Green Bay (currently 3 losses)
    ....we beat Chicago (would have 3 losses - counting us)
    1 more loss for both those teams puts them @ 12 & 4 ~ ~ with us having the head-to-head tie breaker !!??
    I don't see us losing the NFC Championship AT HOME !!??
    So.....
    Atlanta wins NFC berth in Super Blow ?????
    BTW....
    Atlanta's (one loss) schedule.....
    Cards - @ Bucs - Saints - @ Panthers - Giants - @ Lions - Bucs again.......

Start rooting against the Falcons boys !!
    :229031_thewave:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm
  • I would take the NFC's best to win the Super Bowl over any AFC team this year. Including Seattle! AfC looks weak this year.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:
    425HawkSpark wrote:Lose to who in nfc champ game all knowing one.

yea, Seahawks could never beat the Slackers with this squad.. sheesh

I think your crystal ball needs a tune up?
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:35 pm
  • one thing is almost for sure, home field advantage will be a must for the playoffs, why the whiners game was so important.. go figger
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:29 am
  • Twisted wrote:one thing is almost for sure, home field advantage will be a must for the playoffs, why the whiners game was so important.. go figger

I see the loss to the ninners as a learning opportunity for our coaching staff. The hawks have been doing a much better job with in game adjustments (especially Cable) and Bevell's playcalling is so much improved now that he's catering to his QB's strenghths. We are progressing in all phases of the game. Hopefully we'll be in sync and riding a tsunami of confidence going into the playoffs. I see it rising in the horizon already.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:46 pm
  • Superbowl win over Broncos only because of my dislike for anything Broncos and their fans.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information