Are the Clink's jumbotrons too small?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I thouhg they were kinda small when i went to the GB game. Now that they are putting new buildings in the north parking lot the view won't be as good so why not make the screen int he hawks nest much wider.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":355pm1p2 said:
SeaTown81":355pm1p2 said:
The Hawks just upgraded their video boards back in March.

http://www.centurylinkfield.com/news/20 ... ntury.html
Sorry, antiquated as regards size. Too small.

True. But the point remains. The Hawks just upgraded their video boards this year. If they were going to make them bigger, they would've done so then. As some have said, the design of the stadium prohibits it.

And I say this as a season ticket holder in the southeast corner of the stadium who can only see the crappy vertical screen above the Hawks nest. It is woefully inadequate. But nothing you can do about it now.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
The Dallas jumbotron is a joke in my eyes. It's a distraction at best and a monument to Jerry's ego at worst.

As long as the screens aren't in place to sell some sort of experience I'm fine with anything.

Twisted

Reaction score
I honestly think some stadiums are WAY to much bling and not enough sting, take Cowboys stadium for instance, the Cowboys suck at home, well what little they have played at home (more scheduling woes, 6 of 9 away so far?), they're 1-2 RS at home..

in any event I like exactly how the Clink sits right now as is, its perfect, Kilimanjaro, small jumbotrons, and more importantly the Architecture funnels the crowd noise right down to the turf, those overhead overhangs help to get the job done

this is just a guess but I have a feeling by seasons end the Clink will be the most feared stadium in the west?

its PERFECT imho, wouldn't change a thing, cept maybe clear a spot to hang a Bear rug or two? :stirthepot:

:D

madbohem

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":mi90wy34 said:
Maybe Paul Allen can use the money from his record sales to fund an upgrade. Or if that's not enough he could always start a Kickstarter campaign.

Kickstarter is awesome. Me and my partner had a lot of success with them this year. http://hobbyuav.com/kickstarter-was-a-success/

It really wouldn't surprise me to see the Hawks revamp some of the Technology, including the screen. Just think in a few years, we could be asking whether the holo units shouldn't be life sized. After all, Mr Allen's money comes from that background.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3sb06vvs said:
Jazzhawk":3sb06vvs said:
SeaTown81":3sb06vvs said:
The Hawks just upgraded their video boards back in March.

http://www.centurylinkfield.com/news/20 ... ntury.html
Sorry, antiquated as regards size. Too small.

True. But the point remains. The Hawks just upgraded their video boards this year. If they were going to make them bigger, they would've done so then. As some have said, the design of the stadium prohibits it.

And I say this as a season ticket holder in the southeast corner of the stadium who can only see the crappy vertical screen above the Hawks nest. It is woefully inadequate. But nothing you can do about it now.
Ya, I think my answer is biased because I too have to see the stupid narrow, too small screen above the Hawk's nest from the South EZ. Probably not to far from you.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I doubt that we get new screens until there is a remodeling of the stadium. Say good-bye to your city view for when that happens the changes will affect the ends of the stadium. It wouldn't surprise me if Paul does not have an architect working on that project right now.