The Seahawks almost control their own fate

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Been looking at the upcoming schedules for us and the 49ers today.

49ers schedule:

11/19: Bears
11/25: @Saints
12/2: @ Rams
12/9: Dolphins
12/16: @Patriots
12/23: @Seahawks
12/30: Cardinals

Seahawks schedule:

11/25: @Dolphins
12/2: @Bears
12/9: Cardinals
12/16: @Bills
12/23: 49ers
12/30: Rams

Maybe it's just me, but I could very easily see a December 23rd game featuring the 9-4-1 49ers visiting the 9-5 Seahawks in a battle for the division lead.

The 49ers beat a Bears team missing its starting QB, the struggling Dolphins, and the Rams on the road. They lose to a resurgent Saints team in New Orleans and to a Pats team gearing up for the postseason.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks handle the Dolphins after their bye, drop a close game to the Bears, beat the Cardinals at the Clink, and take advantage of the Bills' porous defense in Toronto.

Tell me that doesn't sound like a very realistic scenario.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":7jc4hc85 said:
"Almost" control our own fate? We absolutely do. If we win out, we're virtually guaranteed to win the division. It'll be a miracle of the up-and-down-as-of-late 49ers win against 3 tough opponents coming up. The Bears, the (now looking good) Saints, the Patriots, and the Seahawks?

Winning out is like a 99% certain division win.

That was the OP's point by saying "almost". As you acknowledged it's not 100%. The Hawks need some help from somebody like the Bears or more likely the Pats (in Foxboro) in order to avoid a tie with the niners. The divisional record tie breaker will probably go to SF. If we get some help that sets up the Hawks coronation as divisional champs perfectly with a victory over the niners on Christmas Eve. That would be an incredible Merry Christmas.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1hwkfp0q said:
RolandDeschain":1hwkfp0q said:
"Almost" control our own fate? We absolutely do. If we win out, we're virtually guaranteed to win the division. It'll be a miracle of the up-and-down-as-of-late 49ers win against 3 tough opponents coming up. The Bears, the (now looking good) Saints, the Patriots, and the Seahawks?

Winning out is like a 99% certain division win.

That was the OP's point by saying "almost". As you acknowledged it's not 100%. The Hawks need some help from somebody like the Bears or more likely the Pats (in Foxboro) in order to avoid a tie with the niners. The divisional record tie breaker will probably go to SF. If we get some help that sets up the Hawks coronation as divisional champs perfectly with a victory over the niners on Christmas Eve. That would be an incredible Merry Christmas.

We can't end up in a tie with Niners in any scenario. Well, I guess we could tie them on the 2nd to last week of the season, but that's not what I meant.

Latest posts