Bye week out of the box trade talk!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawkfan68":98p38gys said:
I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson than Tim Tebow. No, I don't want to see T-Jack in a Seahawk uni anytime soon.
As a backup, why not? He was nothing but the consummate professional here. Dealt with all of the criticism well and played through a really tough injury. Wouldn't want him as a starter, but he's definitely a top backup imo.

sturg78

Reaction score
We did rally off a nice string of wins with TJax. I would be excited for the unknown mystery of Matt Flynn but in no way disappointed if Jackson came back. He exemplifies back up QB, as in he won't win you a super bowl but can damn sure win you some games in injury situation.

OP
OP
piston bully

piston bully

Reaction score
Flynn will not be a backup quaterback for the hawks or most likely any one else next year.We will trade him to some team to start.Free up some cap and get what we really need.Just thought taking advantage of a truly desperate team might make some sense.For one great athlete and a few good picks.Looking for a GOOD discussion on what that trade might be.and with whom.Truly sorry if that offended some of your superior football intelects.for you are truly smarter than I as far as you know.

Edited by radish for language attacking poster rather than post.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
Tebow may be a great athlete, but he doesn't fit anywhere on this roster. He's an awful QB, and hasn't shown a willingness to switch positions. We have strong personalities in the locker room, so we don't need him for that. And if you think the media circus wouldn't follow, you haven't watched enough ESPN.

I'm all for getting something for Flynn in the offseason, but I see no upside to bringing Tebow here.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
piston bully said:
Flynn will not be a backup quaterback for the hawks or most likely any one else next year.We will trade him to some team to start.Free up some cap and get what we really need.Just thought taking advantage of a truly desperate team might make some sense.For one great athlete and a few good picks.Looking for a GOOD discussion on what that trade might be.and with whom.Truly sorry if that offended some of your superior football intelects.for you are truly smarter than I as far as you know.

Dude, you had the high road and you jumped off into the swamp. My advice: when you're up there, stay there. You already had people defending you. No need to do the sulking Peanuts walk-out with heavy sarcasm to boot. Comes across as petty.

Regarding the OP: I see no place for Tebow here and would have no interest in our FO trying to make that happen. As for dealing Flynn, I'm in favor of keeping him until someone comes calling, say halfway through next season, with at least a 3rd round pick or maybe two 4ths over the next two years. If the offer isn't there, we have a decent backup who already knows the system.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
piston bully said:

Sorry for wasting my time to stick up for you. My mistake. I'll let you go ahead and act like this on your own and deal with what comes your way. Thanks for wasting a chunk of my evening thinking you were serious and trying to get a conversation going and learn some from the others on here. My bad. I'm out. I'm sorry you wasted my time too.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
O come on. He has to defend himself. People were taking pot shots.

Don't really want Tebow, but I don't want to be strapped to Flynns cap number. If it were to happen I would not bat an eye.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
piston bully":2ak600hg said:
Alright so I was reading about how all the Jets players are hating on Tebow.I was just thinking that I would look at a trade Matt Flynn for Tebow and a first round pick or a couple of 2nd-3rd rounders.we dump the salary and something just tells me that pete will really mesh with a guy like him.Id rather he be the hawks backup then Whitehurst or allot of the other qbs we have dragged through here.Pete is creative enough to find a spot that he would contibute in.I dont think they would allow him to be a distraction.He would also come pretty cheap. all right now bring on the insults for even suggesting this!!! :177692:

smoke much?? :stupid:

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't know what the OP knows or doesn't know about football in general, but dude, you don't have a realistic grasp on Flynn's value. Nobody but us and the Dolphins gave him a look in the offseason, he didn't have a great preseason, and his value is definitely not higher than it was in the last offseason. I don't think a team would even give up what we gave for Whitehurst. If we decide to move him, we're probably looking at lower pick. He won't be traded as a locked up starter, he'll be traded as he was signed here, as a guy who will get a shot to win the job somewhere else. No team is giving up a 1st or a 2nd, a 3rd would be a huge shocker to me.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I don't understand the vitriol directed at the OP here.

If it wasn't for the fact that the trade deadline has already passed, making this entire conversation pointless, I would take his proposal in a heartbeat. Flynn for Tebow and a 1st rounder? Who DOESN'T pull the trigger on that?!

Once the trade is finalized, you immediately turn around and trade Tebow to Jacksonville for like a 5th rounder, or a wad of cash, or all the cornbread Red Bryant can eat or something like that, and then get David Garrard on the phone for insurance.

Now you've got out from under Flynn's contract, you have an extra 1st rounder and lots of cornbread, Tebow is NOWHERE NEAR the Seahawks, and you have a veteran backup in Garrard who will be grateful as hell to be making vet minimum.

themunn

Reaction score
Tebow is a tremendous athlete, and if there was a role on the roster for him I'd jump at the opportunity.
Certainly not as a QB though, because of our power running game, rotation as a FB with Robinson might work to keep wearing defenses down.
He has given me no reason to believe he'd be a good blocker though and for that I'd offer no more than a 6th round pick

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1cviegqa said:
I don't understand the vitriol directed at the OP here.

If it wasn't for the fact that the trade deadline has already passed, making this entire conversation pointless, I would take his proposal in a heartbeat. Flynn for Tebow and a 1st rounder? Who DOESN'T pull the trigger on that?!

I wouldn't call it vitriol. I found some of it kinda funny (the Trufant for a 1st stuff) and not bitterly abusive. Besides, the guy said in the OP "now bring on the insults for even suggesting this." That's just what some people did, then he pulled a snotty little sulking act.

Anyone would take the proposal in a heartbeat. The whole point is it would never ever ever ever happen, not in the real world and not even in Bizarro world. That's why the suggestion got some teasing, which again, the OP directly asked for. End.

seedhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2gzvxzc7 said:
Criticizing Tebow is what the cool kids do these days.

And, criticizing other posters is what the "cool" kids on this board do!

hawker84

Reaction score
tebow needs to try new positions, fullback or TE... maybe strong safety.... when his own teammates are saying he sucks behind his back to the media, you can take it to heart the dude is not good... if he has hands, i could see him catching some balls out of the back field, and if he can block as well, TE. he is a 245 pounder with a little speed... but his QB days are numbered and he needs to realize that and start his Save my NFL career campaign right now... or go into coaching or the booth... merill hodges did it, i don't remember that dude playing a down since SMU...

Latest posts