Sherman not in top 5 pro-bowl fan voting.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I don't even follow Pro Bowl's any more. I did when i was a kid in the 80's. I just wanted to hear Largent's name called one more time.

I checked it out for about a minute last year (or the year before) when everyone was running so slow, that I think I could have played with those guys (that's pretty bad). I really feel like it is disgusting that they even play it. Just vote the teams and forget the game.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Starrman44":3dh8n95b said:
I don't even follow Pro Bowl's any more. I did when i was a kid in the 80's. I just wanted to hear Largent's name called one more time.

I checked it out for about a minute last year (or the year before) when everyone was running so slow, that I think I could have played with those guys (that's pretty bad). I really feel like it is disgusting that they even play it. Just vote the teams and forget the game.

You know who was trying and playing hard last year at the pro-bowl? Brandon Browner.

dunceface

Reaction score
Wasn't he the one that got burned for a TD?--never mind

volsunghawk

Reaction score
This is why I hated it when they started letting fans vote on which players made it to the Pro Bowl. Fans are often stupid and will vote for their own guys over more deserving guys.

"Roman Harper? Damn straight he's better than all those other NFC safties! He's a SAINT! Who Dat!"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
volsunghawk":30e9pave said:
This is why I hated it when they started letting fans vote on which players made it to the Pro Bowl. Fans are often stupid and will vote for their own guys over more deserving guys.

"Roman Harper? Damn straight he's better than all those other NFC safties! He's a SAINT! Who Dat!"

Did YOU vote for any non-Seahawks? I didn't. Not on any positions where a Seahawk had a chance to get in.

I kind of wonder where we're seeing a popularity blowback against the Seahawks from the country. We've beaten the Cowboys, the Packers, AND the Patriots - all three of "America's Teams" - and been very physical and outspoken (not to mention controversial) in doing so. A lot of bandwagoners out there were never gonna like that.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":203h8lbs said:
volsunghawk":203h8lbs said:

Did YOU vote for any non-Seahawks? I didn't. Not on any positions where a Seahawk had a chance to get in.

I kind of wonder where we're seeing a popularity blowback against the Seahawks from the country. We've beaten the Cowboys, the Packers, AND the Patriots - all three of "America's Teams" - and been very physical and outspoken (not to mention controversial) in doing so. A lot of bandwagoners out there were never gonna like that.

Yes. Yes, I did. Mostly in the AFC, of course, but I tried to vote for who I thought was best at the position. I'm sure some Seahawk bias crept in at some positions, but not a whole lot. I think I voted for pretty much the entire SF O-line.

hawker84

Reaction score
i don't know why anyone is suprised by this... did i miss something or did the seahawks actually start getting respect from the rest of the country... how any of our db's got in the pro bowl last year is beyond me,, (not that they didn't deserve it. but we get zero notice out here)... i'd say wait and let's see who's in after the players and coaches vote.. hopefully they'll be too busy to play in that game anyway.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Does it really matter? Sherman's going to have to skip the Pro Bowl because the Super Bowl is the week after, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Rat

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2qhc542t said:
Does it really matter? Sherman's going to have to skip the Pro Bowl because the Super Bowl is the week after, if you know what I'm sayin'.
It would be pretty classy for Tom Brady to give Sherman one of his tickets.

kidhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":bloiunjb said:
Name recognition. Isn't this just the fans only part? I thought the players and coaches voted toward the end of the season so this part is only a popularity vote. Though the players and coaches are not too much better with this. Sucks for Sherman not being on a named team.

Yes, the voting is done by players and coaches later. I believe the teams are announced the last week of December.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Watching the pro-bowl doesnt matter , I would rather see a 4 v 4 flag football tournament but thats besides the point

Pro-bowl is just something you can say about the players on your team. which is always nice.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I have no doubt he'll be a Pro Bowl starter and make All Pro.