Bye week out of the box trade talk!

piston bully

Reaction score
Alright so I was reading about how all the Jets players are hating on Tebow.I was just thinking that I would look at a trade Matt Flynn for Tebow and a first round pick or a couple of 2nd-3rd rounders.we dump the salary and something just tells me that pete will really mesh with a guy like him.Id rather he be the hawks backup then Whitehurst or allot of the other qbs we have dragged through here.Pete is creative enough to find a spot that he would contibute in.I dont think they would allow him to be a distraction.He would also come pretty cheap. all right now bring on the insults for even suggesting this!!! :177692:

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
You lost me at Tebow. Matt flynn is not a 1st round pick value, and the deadline is passed already, I think.

The Radish

Reaction score
No way to evade the distraction of this guy. The media would be underfoot everywhere.

Also I don't see why anyone would want the guy. Looks like a no talent bum to me.

:les:

Starrman44

Reaction score
The only way I would want Tebow is as a Fullback or Tight End (if he demonstrates hands).

kidhawk

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":1phw0g36 said:
You lost me at Tebow. Matt flynn is not a 1st round pick value, and the deadline is passed already, I think.

Way to cover all the basis in one reply....

/thread

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, why the hell would we want Tebow around here? No. Just......no.

I do like the idea of trading Flynn if we can get a good pick for him, though. A 2nd would be nice...or even a 1st. :devil:

Basis4day

Reaction score
First off, no one is going to trade a Number 1 pick for Flynn, especially not the Jets who are in dire need of their draft picks going forward to rebuild their team. Team's learned their lesson from Matt Cassel.

Second, The way the Jets are playing they have a good shot at a high draft pick in next years draft if they want to snag a QB.

Third, why would you want to bring the Tebowmania circus into our team?

Fourth. Ok, say we grab Tebow. Is he the backup QB? If not, you need to clear a roster spot. Of the 53 man roster, who would you sacrifice? If he is our backup QB are you expecting him to ride the bench or contribute situationally? If he's a contributor, then you risk injury to our backup QB. If he's riding the bench, how exactly does he improve our team?

OP
OP
piston bully

piston bully

Reaction score
Basis,Thank you for the thought provoking response just trying to get something started aside from parking and stating the obvious.I think the jets are very desparate.Flynn is a pretty safe bet.for sure better than anything they have now.Maybe the second or third rounders would be more realistic for a trade.(we seem to do best in the later rounds)Not sure he would even be a backup quarterback but as an athlete the guy is a beast and from what I can tell he is a great locker room personality and team mate.Tight end,fullback, who knows.I dont think he would be a media distraction,dont underestimate the media black hole that is Seattle.Weve got a record breaking rookie QB and who is really paying attention.Just thinking the jets are weak and desparate and thinking we could take advantage of that.Originally wasnt even thinking Tebow but could not think of a differents jets player we would potentially want.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
piston bully":1dy4fcpy said:
How much did WE Pay for flynn,He aint no trufant.

You're right, good point. Scrap the Trufant for a first rounder idea. Jeremy Lane for a first instead?

pinksheets

Reaction score
Oh crap, we wasted a first round pick on Mark Sanchez! Our jobs are in serious trouble here, looks like the only way to save ourselves is to give up our draft for a backup QB who only 2 teams in the NFL had mild interest in during the offseason. GET SCHNEIDER ON THE PHONE!

endzorn

Reaction score
Every time I read one of these threads I punch a kitty.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":255c73lb said:
piston bully":255c73lb said:
How much did WE Pay for flynn,He aint no trufant.

You're right, good point. Scrap the Trufant for a first rounder idea. Jeremy Lane for a first instead?

Hmmmm..... rudeness. It's awesome. Disagree, fine. But that doesn't clear the way for you to act like that to somebody else. You are quite high on your own draft opinions. Perhaps you could use some of that wisdom to teach rather than mock. This is a big board with a lot of folks that want to participate. Here is a guy trying to participate that may not have the expertise that you consider yourself to have.... maybe it would be the community-like thing to have a serious discussion about why you wouldn't, what would make more sense, etc. etc. But that's just my own opinion.

sturg78

Reaction score
Who looks at the train wreck that is Tebow and the Jets and says "Hmm.... I want me some of THAT action!"

Kind of unbelievable.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson than Tim Tebow. No, I don't want to see T-Jack in a Seahawk uni anytime soon.

Latest posts