Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Bye week out of the box trade talk!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Alright so I was reading about how all the Jets players are hating on Tebow.I was just thinking that I would look at a trade Matt Flynn for Tebow and a first round pick or a couple of 2nd-3rd rounders.we dump the salary and something just tells me that pete will really mesh with a guy like him.Id rather he be the hawks backup then Whitehurst or allot of the other qbs we have dragged through here.Pete is creative enough to find a spot that he would contibute in.I dont think they would allow him to be a distraction.He would also come pretty cheap. all right now bring on the insults for even suggesting this!!! :177692:

Post subject: Re: By week out of the box trade talk!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm 
NET Veteran

You lost me at Tebow. Matt flynn is not a 1st round pick value, and the deadline is passed already, I think.

Last edited by KitsapHawk on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:32 pm 
* NET Radish *

No way to evade the distraction of this guy. The media would be underfoot everywhere.

Also I don't see why anyone would want the guy. Looks like a no talent bum to me.

:les:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm 
*Host of .NET Awards*

We could sign Teblow in the off season to be strictly a tackling dummy.

Post subject: Re: Bye week out of the box trade talk!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 pm 
NET Veteran

The only way I would want Tebow is as a Fullback or Tight End (if he demonstrates hands).

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

KitsapHawk wrote:
You lost me at Tebow. Matt flynn is not a 1st round pick value, and the deadline is passed already, I think.

Way to cover all the basis in one reply....

/thread

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:39 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Jesus Christ, why the hell would we want Tebow around here? No. Just......no.

I do like the idea of trading Flynn if we can get a good pick for him, though. A 2nd would be nice...or even a 1st. :devil:

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:40 pm 
* NET Starfish *

Kitsap ticked all the boxes. This thread and idea is a non-starter.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm 
NET Veteran

First off, no one is going to trade a Number 1 pick for Flynn, especially not the Jets who are in dire need of their draft picks going forward to rebuild their team. Team's learned their lesson from Matt Cassel.

Second, The way the Jets are playing they have a good shot at a high draft pick in next years draft if they want to snag a QB.

Third, why would you want to bring the Tebowmania circus into our team?

Fourth. Ok, say we grab Tebow. Is he the backup QB? If not, you need to clear a roster spot. Of the 53 man roster, who would you sacrifice? If he is our backup QB are you expecting him to ride the bench or contribute situationally? If he's a contributor, then you risk injury to our backup QB. If he's riding the bench, how exactly does he improve our team?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:57 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Basis,Thank you for the thought provoking response just trying to get something started aside from parking and stating the obvious.I think the jets are very desparate.Flynn is a pretty safe bet.for sure better than anything they have now.Maybe the second or third rounders would be more realistic for a trade.(we seem to do best in the later rounds)Not sure he would even be a backup quarterback but as an athlete the guy is a beast and from what I can tell he is a great locker room personality and team mate.Tight end,fullback, who knows.I dont think he would be a media distraction,dont underestimate the media black hole that is Seattle.Weve got a record breaking rookie QB and who is really paying attention.Just thinking the jets are weak and desparate and thinking we could take advantage of that.Originally wasnt even thinking Tebow but could not think of a differents jets player we would potentially want.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Maybe we can also get a first round pick for Marcus Trufant in the off-season?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm 
* NET Lead Admin *

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:04 pm 
NET Practice Squad

How much did WE Pay for flynn,He aint no trufant.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:07 pm 
NET Veteran

piston bully wrote:

You're right, good point. Scrap the Trufant for a first rounder idea. Jeremy Lane for a first instead?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:37 pm 
NET Veteran

Tebow isn't good enough to make this team in any capacity.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Oh crap, we wasted a first round pick on Mark Sanchez! Our jobs are in serious trouble here, looks like the only way to save ourselves is to give up our draft for a backup QB who only 2 teams in the NFL had mild interest in during the offseason. GET SCHNEIDER ON THE PHONE!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:41 pm 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Every time I read one of these threads I punch a kitty.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 pm 
* NET Alumni *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
piston bully wrote:

You're right, good point. Scrap the Trufant for a first rounder idea. Jeremy Lane for a first instead?

Hmmmm..... rudeness. It's awesome. Disagree, fine. But that doesn't clear the way for you to act like that to somebody else. You are quite high on your own draft opinions. Perhaps you could use some of that wisdom to teach rather than mock. This is a big board with a lot of folks that want to participate. Here is a guy trying to participate that may not have the expertise that you consider yourself to have.... maybe it would be the community-like thing to have a serious discussion about why you wouldn't, what would make more sense, etc. etc. But that's just my own opinion.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:47 pm 
NET Veteran

No way no how.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Who looks at the train wreck that is Tebow and the Jets and says "Hmm.... I want me some of THAT action!"

Kind of unbelievable.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:54 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson than Tim Tebow. No, I don't want to see T-Jack in a Seahawk uni anytime soon.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:57 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Yeah, eff it. Why not. Pull the trigger.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm 
NET Veteran

Jeez, guys. He did say "out of the box trade talk"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:58 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

hawkfan68 wrote:
I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson than Tim Tebow.

PPOTD.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:59 pm 
NET Veteran

hawkfan68 wrote:
I'd rather have Tarvaris Jackson than Tim Tebow. No, I don't want to see T-Jack in a Seahawk uni anytime soon.

As a backup, why not? He was nothing but the consummate professional here. Dealt with all of the criticism well and played through a really tough injury. Wouldn't want him as a starter, but he's definitely a top backup imo.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:04 pm 
NET Veteran

We did rally off a nice string of wins with TJax. I would be excited for the unknown mystery of Matt Flynn but in no way disappointed if Jackson came back. He exemplifies back up QB, as in he won't win you a super bowl but can damn sure win you some games in injury situation.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

I'd trade Flynn for TJ! straight up right now no questions asked.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Flynn will not be a backup quaterback for the hawks or most likely any one else next year.We will trade him to some team to start.Free up some cap and get what we really need.Just thought taking advantage of a truly desperate team might make some sense.For one great athlete and a few good picks.Looking for a GOOD discussion on what that trade might be.and with whom.Truly sorry if that offended some of your superior football intelects.for you are truly smarter than I as far as you know.

Edited by radish for language attacking poster rather than post.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
NET Rookie

Tebow may be a great athlete, but he doesn't fit anywhere on this roster. He's an awful QB, and hasn't shown a willingness to switch positions. We have strong personalities in the locker room, so we don't need him for that. And if you think the media circus wouldn't follow, you haven't watched enough ESPN.

I'm all for getting something for Flynn in the offseason, but I see no upside to bringing Tebow here.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 pm 
NET Veteran

[quote="piston bully"]Flynn will not be a backup quaterback for the hawks or most likely any one else next year.We will trade him to some team to start.Free up some cap and get what we really need.Just thought taking advantage of a truly desperate team might make some sense.For one great athlete and a few good picks.Looking for a GOOD discussion on what that trade might be.and with whom.Truly sorry if that offended some of your superior football intelects.for you are truly smarter than I as far as you know.

Dude, you had the high road and you jumped off into the swamp. My advice: when you're up there, stay there. You already had people defending you. No need to do the sulking Peanuts walk-out with heavy sarcasm to boot. Comes across as petty.

Regarding the OP: I see no place for Tebow here and would have no interest in our FO trying to make that happen. As for dealing Flynn, I'm in favor of keeping him until someone comes calling, say halfway through next season, with at least a 3rd round pick or maybe two 4ths over the next two years. If the offer isn't there, we have a decent backup who already knows the system.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm 
* NET Alumni *

[quote="piston bully"]Flynn will not be a backup quaterback for the hawks or most likely any one else next year.We will trade him to some team to start.Free up some cap and get what we really need.Just thought taking advantage of a truly desperate team might make some sense.For one great athlete and a few good picks.Looking for a GOOD discussion on what that trade might be.and with whom.Truly sorry if that offended some of your superior football intelects.for you are truly smarter than I as far as you know.

Sorry for wasting my time to stick up for you. My mistake. I'll let you go ahead and act like this on your own and deal with what comes your way. Thanks for wasting a chunk of my evening thinking you were serious and trying to get a conversation going and learn some from the others on here. My bad. I'm out. I'm sorry you wasted my time too.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 pm 
NET Veteran

O come on. He has to defend himself. People were taking pot shots.

Don't really want Tebow, but I don't want to be strapped to Flynns cap number. If it were to happen I would not bat an eye.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 am 
NET Rookie

piston bully wrote:
Alright so I was reading about how all the Jets players are hating on Tebow.I was just thinking that I would look at a trade Matt Flynn for Tebow and a first round pick or a couple of 2nd-3rd rounders.we dump the salary and something just tells me that pete will really mesh with a guy like him.Id rather he be the hawks backup then Whitehurst or allot of the other qbs we have dragged through here.Pete is creative enough to find a spot that he would contibute in.I dont think they would allow him to be a distraction.He would also come pretty cheap. all right now bring on the insults for even suggesting this!!! :177692:

smoke much?? :stupid:

new seahawks jersey. with the custom dunks!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 am 
NET Veteran

I don't know what the OP knows or doesn't know about football in general, but dude, you don't have a realistic grasp on Flynn's value. Nobody but us and the Dolphins gave him a look in the offseason, he didn't have a great preseason, and his value is definitely not higher than it was in the last offseason. I don't think a team would even give up what we gave for Whitehurst. If we decide to move him, we're probably looking at lower pick. He won't be traded as a locked up starter, he'll be traded as he was signed here, as a guy who will get a shot to win the job somewhere else. No team is giving up a 1st or a 2nd, a 3rd would be a huge shocker to me.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:12 am 
NET Veteran

I don't understand the vitriol directed at the OP here.

If it wasn't for the fact that the trade deadline has already passed, making this entire conversation pointless, I would take his proposal in a heartbeat. Flynn for Tebow and a 1st rounder? Who DOESN'T pull the trigger on that?!

Once the trade is finalized, you immediately turn around and trade Tebow to Jacksonville for like a 5th rounder, or a wad of cash, or all the cornbread Red Bryant can eat or something like that, and then get David Garrard on the phone for insurance.

Now you've got out from under Flynn's contract, you have an extra 1st rounder and lots of cornbread, Tebow is NOWHERE NEAR the Seahawks, and you have a veteran backup in Garrard who will be grateful as hell to be making vet minimum.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 am 
NET Veteran

Tebow is a tremendous athlete, and if there was a role on the roster for him I'd jump at the opportunity.
Certainly not as a QB though, because of our power running game, rotation as a FB with Robinson might work to keep wearing defenses down.
He has given me no reason to believe he'd be a good blocker though and for that I'd offer no more than a 6th round pick

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:08 am 
NET Veteran

volsunghawk wrote:
I don't understand the vitriol directed at the OP here.

If it wasn't for the fact that the trade deadline has already passed, making this entire conversation pointless, I would take his proposal in a heartbeat. Flynn for Tebow and a 1st rounder? Who DOESN'T pull the trigger on that?!

I wouldn't call it vitriol. I found some of it kinda funny (the Trufant for a 1st stuff) and not bitterly abusive. Besides, the guy said in the OP "now bring on the insults for even suggesting this." That's just what some people did, then he pulled a snotty little sulking act.

Anyone would take the proposal in a heartbeat. The whole point is it would never ever ever ever happen, not in the real world and not even in Bizarro world. That's why the suggestion got some teasing, which again, the OP directly asked for. End.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:19 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Criticizing Tebow is what the cool kids do these days.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:34 am 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:

And, criticizing other posters is what the "cool" kids on this board do!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:45 am 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I was criticizing Tebow before it was cool. :mrgreen:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:52 am 
NET Veteran

tebow needs to try new positions, fullback or TE... maybe strong safety.... when his own teammates are saying he sucks behind his back to the media, you can take it to heart the dude is not good... if he has hands, i could see him catching some balls out of the back field, and if he can block as well, TE. he is a 245 pounder with a little speed... but his QB days are numbered and he needs to realize that and start his Save my NFL career campaign right now... or go into coaching or the booth... merill hodges did it, i don't remember that dude playing a down since SMU...

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 am 
NET Pro Bowler

-The Glove- wrote:
hawkfan68 wrote:

As a backup, why not? He was nothing but the consummate professional here. Dealt with all of the criticism well and played through a really tough injury. Wouldn't want him as a starter, but he's definitely a top backup imo.

Agree completely.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:53 am 
* NET Alumni *

hawker84 wrote:
tebow needs to try new positions, fullback or TE... maybe strong safety.... when his own teammates are saying he sucks behind his back to the media, you can take it to heart the dude is not good... if he has hands, i could see him catching some balls out of the back field, and if he can block as well, TE. he is a 245 pounder with a little speed... but his QB days are numbered and he needs to realize that and start his Save my NFL career campaign right now... or go into coaching or the booth... merill hodges did it, i don't remember that dude playing a down since SMU...

Are you talking about Merrill Hoge? He didn't play at SMU. He played at Idaho State. I know this because he was the starter over my best friend in high school at ISU when he was a freshman (My friend was). Hoge was quite the local hero as he was a Mormon kid that actually didn't get recruited by BYU, but went to Idaho St. and had such a good career that he got drafted by the Steelers and I believe had at least one 1,000 yard season (or close to it... all of their RB's got hurt and Hoge stepped up from his FB role and played RB for the remainder of the year and played really well). That was the point everybody started questioning Norm Chow's offensive player recruiting. He didn't recruit Hoge or Kevin Curtis and both became really good NFL players.

I know some guys don't like Hoge here, because he seems to waffle on points and get mouthy and then change his position on certain things.

Just for everybody's info. Merrill was one of the early guys to be diagnosed with that brain condition from excessive concussions that causes tangles in the brain. He suffers from depression, mood swings, and will entirely forget where he is at times, as well as having seizures and such. He suffered some pretty heavy duty brain damage due mainly to NFL doctor ineptitude and the team overlooking what he was dealing with and clearing him to play, and I believe he then had a bought with cancer, which they can't prove was caused by football, but it was interesting that they found abnormalities in his brain, and then shortly after he had abnormal cell growth in his body. There have been times where he has suffered long bouts of amnesia, and has struggled a great deal, but has continued to work and has worked extremely hard on behalf of player safety and makes sure to spend his week making notes that will keep him on track in case he blanks out or loses track of what the discussion was.

As far as SMU players go... the two most famous I can remember are Craig James who went to the USFL and then later played for the Patriots and of course Eric Dickerson who played in the same backfield as James and went on to a hall of fame career with the Rams and I believe wrapped it up with the Colts (sort of a reverse Marshall Faulk career).

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am 
NET Veteran

thanks, i meant craig james... my mistake.. still hate hoge though... got them confused i guess because i think they were both shi**y NFL running backs, that went on to become shi**y broadcasters.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ica-121511

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:43 am 
NET Pro Bowler

My only beef with Hoge is his Steeler-centric outlook.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:58 am 
* The Producer *
* The Producer *

Tebow and Hodge really have a lot in common if you think about it. They're both dudes, played football, etc.

If you propose a trade for Tebow on the internet in any capacity you're going to get supporters and detractors. Mr. Bully knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:01 pm 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
Jesus Christ, why the hell would we want Tebow around here? No. Just......no.

I do like the idea of trading Flynn if we can get a good pick for him, though. A 2nd would be nice...or even a 1st. :devil:

I could see the Chiefs trading for Flynn. Unless they plan on using their first round pick on Matt Barkley or Geno Smith.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm 
NET Veteran

As for Tebow, I agree with a lot of the others on here. FB or TE

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm 
NET Practice Squad

Along with the other Ideas he would be a interesting player to snap the ball to on field goals.Give the opposing D one more thing to think about,Maybe slow the rush just alittle.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
NET Veteran

That's completely wishful thinking on your part. I can't envision any situation where a team will trade for Flynn expecting him to start. A) Because his market value was very low this past year. B) Because he got beatout by a rookie when he had the inside track. That's not going to boost his desireability in any team's eyes.

Frankly we may trade him for a 5th-6th round pick to some team looking to add competition to their QB situation. Maybe the Jags to push Gabbert, or perhaps the Browns to push Weeden. He may end up winning the job somewhere, but no one is going to sign Flynn with the sole intent on him becomming the starter.

You can stop with the pitty party garbage, the original though was ill-conceived because the trade deadline is already passed, making the entire idea moot. It wouldn't have worked even if we wanted too make the trade. 2ndly, I don't see how you could make Tebow your backup, Josh Portis would be a better backup option than Tebow (he's already been in the system for 2 years).

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]