Russell Wilson = Troy Aikman

pehawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3tfry6f9 said:
pehawk":3tfry6f9 said:
Aikman was NOT overrated. Was he Elway? No. But he threw the ball, to the same spot, every play, within centimeters. Millen compared him to a robot, and said while different, and not as athletic as Elway, Aikman was great in his way.

I don't get the comparison, except maybe like Aikman, Wilson will make coaching damn easy. A Cowboy fans told me that, Jimmy benefited from a human jugs machine (my new nickname) more than anything.

I've had some concerns over Carroll on gameday this year, but really think Wilson will enable Carroll to climb into a Cowher, Bowden, J Johnson type role.

The intention of this thread wasn't to so much compare the 2 QB's attributes as merely to point out that a HOF QB who was extremely successfull only managed 200 yards a game over his career. That he only exceeded 20 TD's in 1 of his 12 seasons. The Point is we shouldn't be worried that Wilson isn't throwing for 275 yards a game. Just appreciate the efficiency to which he is playing. He may never be a consistent 300 yard passer, but who cares if he's scoring TD's and limiting turnovers.

Gotchya. And, your preaching to Sandusky, (he's catholic, right) yards per doesn't mean a thing.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":12qltxoj said:
Aikman was NOT overrated. Was he Elway? No. But he threw the ball, to the same spot, every play, within centimeters. Millen compared him to a robot, and said while different, and not as athletic as Elway, Aikman was great in his way.

I don't get the comparison, except maybe like Aikman, Wilson will make coaching damn easy. A Cowboy fans told me that, Jimmy benefited from a human jugs machine (my new nickname) more than anything.

I've had some concerns over Carroll on gameday this year, but really think Wilson will enable Carroll to climb into a Cowher, Bowden, J Johnson type role.

You are spot on.

Aikman was one of the most accurate, putting the ball exactly where it needed to be.

When you had a comfortable lead at halftime, a great OL with a great running back, he rarely had to throw in the 2nd half of games. Go back and look at the QB's of his day, there were not nearly as many 300 yd passers as they are today.

Can Wilson fill that role? Absolutely. The key will be having a solid OL, Lynch staying healthy, and a solid defense.