DT Jaye Howard & S Winston Guy made the 2012 show.

Jville

Reaction score
Congratulations to 4th round selection .... defensive tackle Jaye Howard for making his NFL regular season debut against the Jets last Sunday.

Jaye had 7 snaps with the defensive unit and 7 snaps with special teams.

That means 9 of 10 draft picks will have seen the field during the regular season. Only fifth round LB Korey Toomer will not make it to the show this year.

kearly

Reaction score
Korey Toomer probably would have made the roster in 2010 or maybe even 2011. He showed some very exciting potential as a pass rusher, but was too incomplete as a LB and our roster was too crowded.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":3679ntlr said:
What about that Winston Guy?

:34853_doh: Congratulations to 6th round pick safety Winston Guy who also made his 2012 NFL regular season debut last Sunday against the Jets. Guy had 7 defense snaps and 10 specal teams snaps.

I thank you for catching the omission and I'm sure Winston thanks you as well. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
kearly":1945cj8b said:
Korey Toomer probably would have made the roster in 2010 or maybe even 2011. He showed some very exciting potential as a pass rusher, but was too incomplete as a LB and our roster was too crowded.

I really don't remember his pre-season play all that clearly. Did he miss his key reads, over run plays and demonstrate gap discipline weaknesses? Was that Toomer out there or was I having Aaron Curry flashbacks? LOL

Toomer certainly has the size and speed to be a rush linebacker or grow into a LEO. But as you suggest, he looks like a project. In fact, none of the 31 other teams stepped forward to sign him while he was a free agent prior to Seattle resigning him to their practice squad.

roiyair

Reaction score
Guy played a few snaps in the season opener against the cards.
Mostly came in as a pass rusher in the nickle D.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kearly":2ytwuv7i said:

Toomer is still on the team. He's is designated as "practice squad injured." I expect he'll make a strong case to make the team next year.

Latest posts