Soldier field

fishhawk

Reaction score
hey hawks fans. don't post much, but browse the site daily! anybody ever been to soldier field? i'm wondering where the hawks tunnel will be i'm flying out for the game and want to sit on the tunnel. thanks!

GM4aday

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, looking at the map of soldier field seats. There are two tunnels on the north (left on page) side. The Hawks came out of the one at the NE corner when I went a couple years ago. Near sections 101 and 155.

I will be at the game myself, but over in 224.

OP
OP
F

fishhawk

Reaction score
thanks alot! should be fun. hope it isn't too cold, i'm used to games at the clink haha.

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Just to be forewarned: If you wear any Seahawks garb, prepare to be verbally and possibly physically abused. I went to the SNF game a few years back and was yelled at, spit on, and kicked in the back by unruly fans. I honestly never said a word, was just wearing my Hasselbeck jersey, but they were killing us, so the 'rub it in factor' was turned into overdrive.

I went out for concessions around the end of the 3rd quarter and a group of hooligans cornered me with F-bombs and started pushing and shoving. I noticed a uniformed security guard and went over to explain the situation and his exact response was: 'Welcome to Soldier Field'

In summary, it's not a very pleasant place. You can openly root for the Visiting team, but if you wear a Hawks jersey, be prepared for some serious backlash.

OP
OP
F

fishhawk

Reaction score
Interesting. i attended the game in oakland in hawks gear a few years back and had so many death threats and abuse i left very early fearing for my safety. i have done the same in AZ for many games and never had one problem with fans. I've heard Chicago is pretty tame and was planning on wearing a jersey, but i guess i might have to reconsider.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"If you wear any Seahawks garb, prepare to be verbally and possibly physically abused."

Great, now I really want to go there for a game. Physical abuse, seriously ? Hahaha. Go ahead and touch me. Just once. Please ?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ki4xkyu said:
"If you wear any Seahawks garb, prepare to be verbally and possibly physically abused."

Great, now I really want to go there for a game. Physical abuse, seriously ? Hahaha. Go ahead and touch me. Just once. Please ?

Exactly. I don't go to games looking for trouble. I don't claim to be a kung fu champion or heavy weight boxer, but if someone was to try and pull some sh@# like that, it would not be a good day for them. These seats cost money, and i'll be damned if some hometown scrub(s) is gonna f@$% up my gameday.

AgentDib

Reaction score
For the most part visiting stadiums is a huge YMMV; it just depends on the fans in the section on that day. You can have bad experiences as a visiting fan anywhere, even in Seattle, if you happen to end up next to a couple of drunk idiots.

I was at Soldier field during our game there in 2010 and had zero problems as a Seahawks fan. The stadium sucks but the fans were cool.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm totally with ya mistashoesta. I don't go looking for trouble, but I'm going to rep, and not be afraid to do it.

Also agree with agentdib....I've been to SF twice and never had a problem other than a few people shouting "Seahawks suck" really loud in my face, but you expect that. AZ fans tend to be dbags but no one's put a hand on me before.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
After attending a Raider game in LA back in the 80's (we sealed up the division and playoffs in that one). I learned that it is best to keep it out of the fan's faces, ignore them as if you can't even hear them and have a group of Navy SeaBees to go to the game with you. I went to two of the Raider games and 3 of the games in San Diego. Talk about a night and day experience. San Diego was GREAT and LA was like a nightmare.

Twisted

Reaction score
see if you can take some bear spray.. pepper spray for bears, or bears fans..

no joking if its allowed then get some, even if its a small bottle, least you can suffocate some fools if they get stoopid, better safe than sorry

0000762.jpg

if you are forced to release it be sure you are up wind and cover your eyes, nose and throat if possible..

JonRud

Reaction score
I too was at our game in Soldier Field in 2010 with full Hawks gear and had no problem. Walked down Lakeshore Drive to the Stadium, watched the game, and walked back - no issue.

On the walk back a Bears fan came up to me and said 'Thank you for ruining my week'. That was sweet music!

Ballz

Reaction score
I'm also attending this game and planned on full Seahakws garb. I'll report back in a few weeks how it goes for me.

Bipolar

Reaction score
join a boxing gym and after 3-4 months you can shove them and yell profanities back at them with confidence.

F the Bears.

GM4aday

Reaction score
Just got my gray #79 and will be wearing it proudly this Sunday in Chicago.

Banedon

Reaction score
I've always heard very positive reports from other teams fans visiting Soldier Field. (Except maybe Packer's fans) My buddy is a Redskins fan and went up for the Bears/Redskins game and said it was one of the best game experiences he's ever had. Said he and the Bears fans were engaging in playful trash talk, and a good time was had by all.

The experience, like anywhere, is surely different for everyone.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Went to the Carolina game... Now those were some tame fans... Playful jokes and that was it... He'll the other hawks fans that were there were 10x more rowdy than the home fans

Little did I know I was witnessing the rarest of rare Seahawks road win... Seems even more special now in retrospect

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I had no issues at the Dolphin game this past Sunday, but then again the stadium was half empty.

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
salukihawk12":3f1oyy5g said:
Just to be forewarned: If you wear any Seahawks garb, prepare to be verbally and possibly physically abused. I went to the SNF game a few years back and was yelled at, spit on, and kicked in the back by unruly fans. I honestly never said a word, was just wearing my Hasselbeck jersey, but they were killing us, so the 'rub it in factor' was turned into overdrive.

I went out for concessions around the end of the 3rd quarter and a group of hooligans cornered me with F-bombs and started pushing and shoving. I noticed a uniformed security guard and went over to explain the situation and his exact response was: 'Welcome to Soldier Field'

In summary, it's not a very pleasant place. You can openly root for the Visiting team, but if you wear a Hawks jersey, be prepared for some serious backlash.

I have to disagree. Went to last year's game and nobody said a word to me. Of course, it may have been because the fans were more interested in Green Bay finally losing than the ass kicking they were getting on the field.

I will be in attendance as well on Sunday. Section 254.