Sherman is NFC Defensive Player of the Week

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

• And the resume gets even longer........
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Yeeeeoooooo!
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• Pro Bowler Richard Sherman has a good ring to it, no?

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Pro Bowler Richard Sherman has a good ring to it, no?

If he keeps up this rate, I'm not sure how you can keep him out of first team all-pro. Maybe a Bears CB could sneak in above him, but if both the Bears CB's slip in above him, or some other CB, I'm gonna be pissed. He deserves this.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Pro Bowler Richard Sherman has a good ring to it, no?

It does. And that would mean each of our four starting DBs would have made the Pro Bowl in the last two seasons.

INCREDIBLE.

Somewhere, the ghost of Kelly Jennings is angry.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I love it. I'm sure Pats fans are still saying "Who the heck is Richard Sherman??" after he railed on Brady like that.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• How could he not be. To vote otherwise would be an abomination. Thank you for sharing.
    falcongoggles
    NET Veteran

• As a side note, that article sucks. Grammatical errors, factual mistakes (we beat the Patriots IN New England?). Is that writer getting paid? Where can I apply?

And yes, well done Sherman.
    "I'm gonna call him--what do you call the guy on the trampoline?--Harry Houdini or something like that." -Warren Moon on Golden Tate
    WindCityHawk
    NET Veteran

• I dunno. He didn't return an interception to the house. Needs to get on that if he *REALLY* wants to earn the honors. ;)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I guess this means I should leave up my recent addition Richard Sherman Wallpaper for my desktop?

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• kidhawk wrote:I guess this means I should leave up my recent addition Richard Sherman Wallpaper for my desktop?

Care to post it in the multimedia forum please? I just googled "Richard Sherman wallpaper" and over half of the pictures aren't even him... did find this though and thought it was funny. He even goes all out throwing T-shirts!
    Hawkaholic
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Loved this: "As long as his play stays at a high level, Sherman will be able to talk all he wants. Right now, it looks like he’ll be able to talk all season."
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• He is on NFL AM tomorrow morning NFL Network
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• WindCityHawk wrote:As a side note, that article sucks. Grammatical errors, factual mistakes (we beat the Patriots IN New England?). Is that writer getting paid? Where can I apply? ...

That wasn't the author of the article, it was a comment responding to the article...from a 49er's fan, so no suprise there really. :shock:
    gtcotcakya
    NET Rookie

• Way to go Dick!
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Tech Worlds wrote:Way to go Dick!

He's 6'3", so doesn't that make him Big Dick? And I also hear he enjoys the music of Michael Buble, so that would make him a Big Swinging Dick, no?
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• gtcotcakya wrote:That wasn't the author of the article, it was a comment responding to the article...from a 49er's fan, so no suprise there really. :shock:

No, it wasn't. The 49ers comment said it also, but it was in the article. I saw it earlier, now it's not there; it has since been corrected.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Pay the man!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Blitzer88 wrote:Pay the man!

They are. Too bad he's not making first round money.... but those are the breaks. He hasn't played an entire season yet. He's played a total of 20 games I believe over the course of 2 seasons. I'm sure he's in line for a nice raise, but many others have had a nice first full season and done little else.

One thing I'd like to see Sherm do is bulk up. He doesn't even weigh in at 200 lbs. That's so skinny. I'm 6'1" and was a decent athlete in my day (no Richard Sherman of course) and at 185 I was breaking down all the time once I hit about 26 or 27 years of age. I had to get up to about 205 to make it through a season of anything. I'd rather see him pick up 10 pounds this offseason and fill out a bit more like Browner has done since he left OSU. Browner has done it and maintained his speed and I have no fear that he's going to get broken in half.

On another Sherman note...... has anybody else wondered if they've ever drawn up and practiced a play with him lined up at WR? He's basically the same size as Sidney Rice and his adjustment to the ball in the air is something that he obviously picked up as a WR in his early college career. I think it would be fun to see him in on a play or two a game at WR like how Darren Woodson used to be used when he was a young CB (and not an old safety like he is now). :) I think Sherman would be a better offensive weapon or decoy for us than Tebow is for the Jets.... but then again, maybe Red Bryant would be too. Now that we've had Sidney and Golden throw TD's, it's time for M-Rob to get in on the act since he's a natural QB and Marshawn to throw one. I don't think he has since he was on the Bills. Everybody has a TD throw but Flynn. Ouch. :(
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Look how bulking up worked for Lofa, Shark. Just sayin'. I'm not confident it's for everyone, especially at the cornerback position.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Hawkaholic wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I guess this means I should leave up my recent addition Richard Sherman Wallpaper for my desktop?

Care to post it in the multimedia forum please?

I'll look around and see if I can find it. It was actually a part of a large bunch the .com site put out before the season. If I find them online I'll post them, otherwise, you can leave me an PM with your email and I can send it to you.

EDIT: I found a thread on this topic already posted there viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47729

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• Even though it was against the Jets I'll take it! That pick was pivotal in holding them scoreless on offense
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Sherman said that Pete promised him some reps at WR in next year's OTAs. I don't have a link, but he said it in an online chat last week, I believe.

Sounds like a fun OTA thing to do, and as well as our trick plays have worked this year, it could be fun to see. What I don't want to see is opposing DBs and LBs smashing full tilt into our future all-pro shutdown corner, though.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Look how bulking up worked for Lofa, Shark. Just sayin'. I'm not confident it's for everyone, especially at the cornerback position.

Lofa bulked up on booze and McDonalds if the news reports are correct. There are usually two ways to do things. Notice that after he became a big star his health went in the toilet, he was hurt constantly, and everybody says he made "one bad decision", but for those who love stats.... there are some interesting stats on guys who get pulled over on a DUI and it is an astronomical number of times it has happened before getting stopped. I think Lofa just gave up on practice, conditioning, etc. He didn't seem as driven. That's my opinion. I loved him as a player, but saw a guy take the Anthony Simmons route to success and stardom for the last couple of years of his career.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• HawkAroundTheClock wrote:Sherman said that Pete promised him some reps at WR in next year's OTAs. I don't have a link, but he said it in an online chat last week, I believe.

Lol, how awesome would it be to see a toss from Wilson to Tate, and then Tate throws a deep bomb to Sherman, who's on a go route? WR to CB, Touchdown!
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information