More Russell Wilson Love From Cold Hard Football Facts

jlwaters1

Reaction score
renofox":3ip8ft97 said:
jlwaters1":3ip8ft97 said:
Terrific article. Now I'd just like to see him attempting 25-30 passes a game...

I wouldn't like to see that at all.

PC wants ground and pound, and that's what we'll see as long as the Seahawks are leading. If he's throwing that many passes it probably means the Seahawks are behind and trying to come back.

I'll take 20 passes/game with lots of W's. :D

No it doesn't. He's averaging 25 passes through 10 games. If we sustain more drives he'll easily throw 25+ passes and will most likely have around 225 yards. IN all of our games there have 3-4 drives where we've done absolutely nothing. If we can develop more consistency his attempts and yards go up.

dunceface

Reaction score
As we face defenses that we can exploit they will open his game up more hopefully

BigMeach

Reaction score
hawksfan515":u7h8eonc said:
He's putting quite a lot of stock in passer rating....

I'm not sure he watched the Jets game though. Russell was money in the 2nd, but his first.... not so much. And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

You're looking at it completely the wrong way.
This is exactly what made this such a great game from RW.
It's hard enough for any QB to do what he did but especially amazing for a rookie to do it.
To do a little too much, to try a little to hard and not do the smart thing and give up the ball for 6 points by fumbling, letting the team tie it up. Not letting that get to him and coming back and doing what he did to win this game.

If anything this was one of my favorite performances of the year from him simply because he didn't let that get him down and he remained focused and fixed his issues in the game, not after the game, not during the bye week, IN the game.

You should be proud, as should we all.

tubbs51

Reaction score
ESPN is a joke but their anchors arent. I follow a few of them and ive seen several of them talking about the Seahawks on Twitter. Sure its not on the actual channels (blame the head honchos seeking nothing but viewers and ratings) but who gives a flying *BEEP*. We're the 12th man We have ourselves and our Seattle Seahawks.

Jac

Reaction score
ivotuk":8hjay7gi said:
More proof that DangeRuss is the best, from something I just read that pertains to RGIII"s "great Quarterback Rating."

"Before Sunday's game, the Falcons team Lofton left was the only undefeated team in the league and the Saints defense for which he was starting was ranked worst in the NFL and challenging for potentially ranking as the poorest in league history."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626783/atlanta-falcons-address-new-orleans-saints-claim-source

At the risk of spinning background 'for' my guy and 'against' the other guy, there's even more context for Griffin's NO game. I live in DC and followed him every step of the way. He had a very mediocre preseason, and they revealed absolutely nothing on offense. Then they play that 'flat' NO team (who also has a horrific defense) and unveil the sprint option Baylor offense, and NO had no answer. In fact, 88 of those yards came on a nicely designed/executed or poorly defended crossing pattern that Pierre Garcon had mostly through YAC.

While Wilson's season has trended up and more playbook opened to him, Griffin's season has been moving the other way. In fact, local radio has been saying that if Shanahan really has given up on the season, then let Griffin run a conventional offense for the experience and for his health.

For all the hype, Griffin has only thrown for 8 TDs and is simply not making the same kind of throws that Wilson is. Now that could all change coming off their bye and playing PHI this weekend, but as of now...

hawker84

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3ojtsyb5 said:
He's putting quite a lot of stock in passer rating....

I'm not sure he watched the Jets game though. Russell was money in the 2nd, but his first.... not so much. And you never can really have a good performance when you fumble and it gets returned for a TD or you get a pick 6....

boooooooooo!!!!! every QB in the history of the game will have those ... called a good defensive play...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Wilson breaks Manning's rookie TD record and gets Seattle to the playoffs, you can bet the OROTY voters are going to notice. The kid is special.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":371z7oxr said:
If Wilson breaks Manning's rookie TD record and gets Seattle to the playoffs, you can bet the OROTY voters are going to notice. The kid is special.

What Wilson's gotta do in my mind is break Mannings TD record, and then lead Seattle deep in the playoffs, deep as or deeper than any QB before. To the championship game or the SB! Then we will get an extreme amount of hype, guaranteed.

RampagingMice

Reaction score
Regarding #3, is Russ being credited with Golden's TD pass? Everything else looks accurate, unless subtracting a TD pulls down his rating.

Here are the top 10 rookie performances of 2012:

1. Griffin III (at NO): 19 of 26, 320 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 139.9 rating

2. Wilson (vs. NE): 16 of 27, 293 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 133.7 rating

3. Wilson (vs. NYJ): 12 of 19, 188 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 131.0 rating

4. Wilson (vs. MIN): 16 of 24, 173 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 127.3 rating

5. Weeden (at CIN): 26 of 37, 322 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 114.9 rating

6. Wilson (vs. DAL): 15 of 20, 151 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT, 112.7 rating

hawker84

Reaction score
you are correct sir.. one to G Tate, one to rice , marshawn scored one on the ground, and G tate threw to rice... recount????

CANHawk

Reaction score
Jac":26gw6m7u said:
ivotuk":26gw6m7u said:
More proof that DangeRuss is the best, from something I just read that pertains to RGIII"s "great Quarterback Rating."

"Before Sunday's game, the Falcons team Lofton left was the only undefeated team in the league and the Saints defense for which he was starting was ranked worst in the NFL and challenging for potentially ranking as the poorest in league history."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8626783/atlanta-falcons-address-new-orleans-saints-claim-source

At the risk of spinning background 'for' my guy and 'against' the other guy, there's even more context for Griffin's NO game. I live in DC and followed him every step of the way. He had a very mediocre preseason, and they revealed absolutely nothing on offense. Then they play that 'flat' NO team (who also has a horrific defense) and unveil the sprint option Baylor offense, and NO had no answer. In fact, 88 of those yards came on a nicely designed/executed or poorly defended crossing pattern that Pierre Garcon had mostly through YAC.

While Wilson's season has trended up and more playbook opened to him, Griffin's season has been moving the other way. In fact, local radio has been saying that if Shanahan really has given up on the season, then let Griffin run a conventional offense for the experience and for his health.

For all the hype, Griffin has only thrown for 8 TDs and is simply not making the same kind of throws that Wilson is. Now that could all change coming off their bye and playing PHI this weekend, but as of now...

And that's the thing all the fantasy football stat dorks forget about when discussing this rookie QB class; the whole point of offense is to score touchdowns and win games. For all of his passing yards and rushing yards, Bob is falling very far behind in those two most important categories. Yeah Bob's putting up some pretty big yards but that's because he's usually losing and slinging the rock down the field trying to play catch up.

I actually really like Bobby Griffen and wish him all the best as a pro, but to claim he's far and away the best of the bunch based solely on his yardage is quite a misnomer. He very well just might be the best, but it isn't as clear cut as most mediots want to make it out to be because he doesn't score touchdowns and he doesn't win games.