BCS

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm
  • K-state, Orego, ND, SEC x6. I know SEC is good but they really get sucked off by everyone. Nothing would make me happier then to follow up that boring BCS title game last year with an SEC-less title game this year.

    Go Ducks
    User avatar
    sturg78
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1052
    Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:17 pm
  • If all win out this season:

    Oregon will have beaten 6 ranked teams.
    K State and Notre Dame 5 ranked teams each.
    Alabama 4 ranked teams.
    Georgia 2 ranked teams

    The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents). Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.

    Its frustrating. But Oregon at 1 or 2 is all I really care about.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents).

    True. Those SEC teams would be a lot more legit if they had scheduled a non-conference slate of Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:44 pm
  • Oregon scheduled Kansas State and they backed out.

    Oregon has been pretty good at scheduling OOC opponents. Lame attempt at a burn.
    cesame
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1610
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:36 pm


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:46 pm
  • Rat wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote:The SEC has so many highly ranked teams because tehy get 4 non conference games against cupcakes, (pac 12 teams get 3 non conference games and tend to schedule tougher opponents).

    True. Those SEC teams would be a lot more legit if they had scheduled a non-conference slate of Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennessee Tech.


    Notice I didnt say anything about who oregon scheduled. I agree with you, Oregon's out of conference schedule was ridiculous this year (although I believe both Arkansas State and Fresno State are bowl eligible). And they'll still play twice as many ranked teams as either Alabama or Georgia.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 pm
  • I was just giving you hard time. I know Oregon typically schedules good OOC games like Boise State, LSU, Utah, etc. I'm an Ohio State fan, and it's the same thing this year. The Buckeyes usually have a great OOC schedule, with recent home-and-homes with Texas, USC, and Miami. However, this year's OOC was embarrassingly weak: Miami (OH), UCF, Cal, and UAB. We have some tough ones scheduled in upcoming years, though.

    Alabama has actually scheduled one solid OOC game for about 6-7 years straight. They had a neutral field game against Michigan, who was ranked 8th to start the year, and were expected to be great this year. They had a home and home against a respectable Penn State team the two years prior, and then had OOC games against top 10 teams in 08 and 09. Georgia has had a few good ones recently, with Boise State and Oklahoma State at times when those schools were ranked in the top 10.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:52 pm
  • Ohio State vs Oregon in 2020 and 2021. Prepare to have your ass kicked!!!

    Too bad that Ohio State is ineligible this year, would be curious to see where they would land in the BCS. I'm guessing probably fighting it out wtih Notre Dame for 3rd because of the crappyness of their conference. Although I think Ohio State is a much better team then Notre Dame.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm
  • The thing that worries me the most about the new BCS Standings is Washington being #25. The last few years every time Washington's entered the rankings they've lost the next week.
    Image
    You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 5752
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: BCS
Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:01 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Ohio State vs Oregon in 2020 and 2021. Prepare to have your ass kicked!!!

    Too bad that Ohio State is ineligible this year, would be curious to see where they would land in the BCS. I'm guessing probably fighting it out wtih Notre Dame for 3rd because of the crappyness of their conference. Although I think Ohio State is a much better team then Notre Dame.


    Probably the Rose Bowl against UCLA. Ohio State looked pretty good against Nebraska earlier this year, and I think they'd beat them again in the Big 10 Championship Game to get that Rose Bowl spot.

    I've watched a lot of both Ohio State and Notre Dame this year, and honestly, Notre Dame has looked better to me. Both have been finding ways to win at the end of games, but the Buckeye defense has been surprisingly bad. We were very fortunate to have snuck away with wins against some very mediocre teams (namely Purdue and Cal). However, Braxton Miller is a stud, and the running game has come on big time as of late, so I'm pretty psyched about the next few years, assuming the defense gets under control some. I wish those two Oregon games had been scheduled closer to the present. I think they would be a lot of fun (although not this year; Oregon probably would have won with a score of something like 56-35).
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 3512
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: St. Louis, MO


Re: BCS
Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:56 am
  • JSeahawks wrote: Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.



    That has changed a little since they expanded, sorta like getting to play CO. :P

    Add 2 more teams to the PAC. That likely would ease the schedule for the current members.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4084
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am


Re: BCS
Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:10 pm
  • DTexHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote: Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.



    That has changed a little since they expanded, sorta like getting to play CO. :P

    Add 2 more teams to the PAC. That likely would ease the schedule for the current members.


    I think you mean Wazzu.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1834
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: BCS
Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:
    DTexHawk wrote:
    JSeahawks wrote: Plus, the SEC has a bunch of bad teams, which the good teams feed off. All these "great" SEC teams dont play each other nearly as much as they'd like us all to think.



    That has changed a little since they expanded, sorta like getting to play CO. :P

    Add 2 more teams to the PAC. That likely would ease the schedule for the current members.


    I think you mean Wazzu.


    Strangely enough Wazzu usually gives Oregon one of its better challenges. I'd much rather play Washington then Washington State, even though Washington is clearly the better team.

    Colorado is criminally bad. I wish we could send them back to the Big 12.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BCS
Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:12 pm
  • I would like to see Kansas St Lose and Ore vs Notre Dame. That would be different.
    Image
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2532
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


Re: BCS
Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:09 pm
  • Based on the points K-State puts up, I'd like to see them play Oregon (if it's not Bama). Pretty sure ND would get their asses handed to them. They don't come across as dynamic enough to make an entertaining game (let alone win). I think Oregon and K-State could put up 70+ each.
    HawkGA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1834
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: BCS
Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm
  • Atradees wrote:I would like to see Kansas St Lose and Ore vs Notre Dame. That would be different.




    that is what i am pulling for... chrome domers vs golden domers
    Image Image
    Image
    ImageImage
    User avatar
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire
     
    Posts: 1635
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:02 pm
    Location: Phoenix AZ (aka Seattle south)


Re: BCS
Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 pm
  • There is no question who is the best team!

    Image

    WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!

    :th2thumbs:
    Image

    Save a place at the table for us Big Willie.
    User avatar
    Kansashawkfan
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 6:39 am
    Location: Southwest Kansas


Re: BCS
Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:02 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:Based on the points K-State puts up, I'd like to see them play Oregon (if it's not Bama). Pretty sure ND would get their asses handed to them. They don't come across as dynamic enough to make an entertaining game (let alone win). I think Oregon and K-State could put up 70+ each.


    K State is not even close to fast enough or athletic enough to hang with Oregon. 52-21 Ducks win. Neither K State or Notre Dame could stay within 25 points of Oregon in my opinion. (assuming the good health of Mariota and Barner).

    I'm not even scared of Alabama anymore after watching what Oregon's JV Team (Texas A&M) did to them. Alabama couldnt score enough to keep up with the Ducks. I dont know enough about Georgia to know how we'd match up against them, but think they might be the toughest of the bunch, as I believe they have a few studs in their defensive front 7?

    In my opinion the biggest obstacle between teh Ducks and a national championship is still USC, if we meet them in the Pac 12 title game. If there offense is on they're a pretty tough matchup for us. Although I expect the Ducks to win that game by 20+ as well since we'll get them at home this time.

    Of course, we've got to get thru Stanford and Oregon State first, with a depleted defense. Although I expect both of those games to be blowouts as well to be honest. Oregon's offense is just incredible this year and will outscore all opponents, in my not so humble opinion.
    Image
    User avatar
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 18499
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm
    Location: Milwaukie, Oregon


Re: BCS
Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 am
  • JSeahawks wrote:I'm not even scared of Alabama anymore after watching what Oregon's JV Team (Texas A&M) did to them.


    Got a chuckle out of me. :lol:

    Would like to see how the Duck's D would fare against A&M.

    Looking down the road, not likely to occur, but don't you think ALA learned a little something against A&M that could help them prepare for ORE if they met. :stirthepot:
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    User avatar
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4084
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am




It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests