Wagner 4th in tackles

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Wagner 4th in tackles
Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:57 am
  • Wagner is now tied with 4 others for 4th in the league with 81 tackles. There will be some missed assignments but he is going to be one great MLB. :th2thumbs:
    jlove6
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Wagner 4th in tackles
Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 pm
  • I'll take it!
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 pm
  • One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

Keuchly (sp?) has more tackles and i think a pick 6. its an interesting race, and I think that both Irvin and Wagner are in the conversation.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 pm
  • Irvin can rack up the sacks down the stretch he might be able to compete for it. He'll need to step up though.

If Wagner keeps up his tackle pace, gets a few more sacks, and maybe a pick he could have a definite shot at it.
    JKent82
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm
  • How is Mychal Kendricks doing this year for Philly? He went one pick ahead of Wagner and many of us speculated that the FO may have preferred him for his slightly better athleticism. I know he tore it up in the preseason. Wagner has just been awesome though
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:13 pm
  • I'm guessing it'll come down to Wagner, Kuechly, and Chandler Jones. Irvin's been good, but his sack totals are about the same as Jones and Jones plays more downs than Bruce.

Am I the only one who's still bitter about Lofa losing to Merriman, only to find out that Merriman was roiding, by the way? Not that this is comparable, but the last time our rookie MLB was in this conversation that's how it wound up.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:31 pm
  • Kendricks has 41 tackles and is ranked 124. Kuechly has 87 tackles and 1 pick for a -3 yards.
    jlove6
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:38 pm
  • we will be one of the last teams to have a bye so, its a little skewed i think. but still 81 is a good number right now
    Lithium
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:42 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

Keuchly (sp?) has more tackles and i think a pick 6. its an interesting race, and I think that both Irvin and Wagner are in the conversation.

Kuechly has 87 tackles ranked #3 and 1 pick- which occurred vs the Seahawks. No defensive TD. and no Sacks.

Wagner has 81 and 2 sacks. It would be cool to see him get a pick this year. I like his pass rush ability. He was also robbed half a sack against Carolina. He was originally credited with 1.5 against Carolina.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 pm
  • Missing_Clink wrote:How is Mychal Kendricks doing this year for Philly? He went one pick ahead of Wagner and many of us speculated that the FO may have preferred him for his slightly better athleticism. I know he tore it up in the preseason. Wagner has just been awesome though

Kendricks has 41 tackles and 1 sack on the year. So basically Wagner has DOUBLE the production of Kendricks thusfar with 81 tackles and 2 sacks.
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:45 pm
  • jlwaters1 wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

Kuechly has 87 tackles ranked #3 and 1 pick- which occurred vs the Seahawks. No defensive TD. and no Sacks.

Wagner has 81 and 2 sacks. It would be cool to see him get a pick this year. I like his pass rush ability. He was also robbed half a sack against Carolina. He was originally credited with 1.5 against Carolina.

Didn't Kuechly sack Wilson? Kuechly will win if the numbers are that close because he is more recognizable.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm
  • Sherman has 4 INT tied for third in the league, and Browner has 3 tied for 4th (technically 8th). Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.

Go D!

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 pm
  • SmokinHawk wrote:One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

I'd go with Chandler. Every time I've seen him play, I've come away impressed.

To be honest, that's only like 2 or 3 times. Kuechly looks really good too.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:24 am
  • Bobby Wagner aka "Baby Patrick Willis" is doing fine and is still get better.
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:Bobby Wagner aka "Baby Patrick Willis" is doing fine and is still get better.

Please God, no!
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm
  • MANUNITED23 wrote:Bobby Wagner aka "Baby Patrick Willis" is doing fine and is still get better.

:thirishdrinkers: :snack: :13: :3:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:44 pm
  • jkitsune wrote:I'm guessing it'll come down to Wagner, Kuechly, and Chandler Jones. Irvin's been good, but his sack totals are about the same as Jones and Jones plays more downs than Bruce.

Am I the only one who's still bitter about Lofa losing to Merriman, only to find out that Merriman was roiding, by the way? Not that this is comparable, but the last time our rookie MLB was in this conversation that's how it wound up.

You're probably right. Unfortunately I don't think Irvin will be considered just because he plays a limited amount of snaps.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 pm

I like Wagner a lot, but he can't hold a candle to Willis. Willis is on pace to be in Ray Lewis territory when it's all said and done.

Wagner is a very good player though with a pretty high ceiling. There are reasons the Cowboys were going to draft him in R1 if Claiborne didn't drop.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information