The Elusive Tate

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I've been saying for awhile we needed more screens to Tate. That guy is great in the open field. I'd love to see him split some reps with Leon on returns as well. Not too much though.

kearly

Reaction score
Sherman was once Stanford's best WR. Michael Robinson is a pro-bowl FB, and he was a Heisman nominated QB at Penn St. Sweezy played DL his entire life before playing guard just this season, and was a state champion in wrestling. Bruce Irvin played safety in high school.

I think it's safe to say that Pete has a thing for players with unique talent.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Mandu":1fja78g7 said:
I love the guy, but his giggling schoolgirl celebration has got to go.
Why? Seems like everyone I talked to loved it.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kearly":xlzhqvj8 said:
Sherman was once Stanford's best WR. Michael Robinson is a pro-bowl FB, and he was a Heisman nominated QB at Penn St. Sweezy played DL his entire life before playing guard just this season, and was a state champion in wrestling. Bruce Irvin played safety in high school.

I think it's safe to say that Pete has a thing for players with unique talent.

No doubt about it.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
-The Glove-":uh4ab6ts said:
Mandu":uh4ab6ts said:

I thought it was great. The last time tate went airborne he was nailed Pretty good. I'm sure that had to be in his head as he did it again on Sunday.

madbohem

Reaction score
In some ways I wonder if it was that moment where a person is realizing what he always dreamed on the film.

I think i would giggle like a school girl too. Obviously he is working on his game and it shows.

sutz

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I really didn't know about Tate. But I did know that it takes a couple of years sometimes, especially for WRs, for a player to really start to click in the NFL. So, over the last couple of seasons, I've been one of those who was always saying, "Be a little patient, give him some time." I was scoffed and told I didn't know what I was talking about. He was a bust. It was taking too long. Like I said above, I really didn't know what I was talking about, except that I don't tend to have a quick trigger in situations like this. Maybe because I've seen too many players succeed on other teams after being drafted and released here.

Well, I'm glad that Pete was patient. It looks like GT is developing into something kind of special.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Mandu":2vzl8t63 said:

It's an inside joke he has with Josh Portis. I laughed when I saw it. His TD celebration was great, too.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Mandu":37lpy2dl said:
-The Glove-":37lpy2dl said:
Mandu":37lpy2dl said:

I don't know why, but if he keeps playing lights out, it'll probably grow on me.

According to Tate, it was a joke between him and Portis. I didn't see it live cause I was at the game, but I enjoyed it on the replay. It was different.

largenutz

Reaction score
love the Pete rah rah, he's the 2nd oldest head coach in the nfl but he doesn't look or act like an old man. He probably takes great care of himself and loves LIFE. He might be able to coach the hawks for another 40years!

hawker84

Reaction score
jeeez graduated high school in 2006.. seeing that just made me realize, how young these players are... they're litterally a couple years removed from being kids, so let them have their onfield celebrations and antics, after all they're playing a game and it's just kids being kids... that stuff goes away once you mature... can't remember half the stupid stuff i did as a teenager... game is suppose to be fun...

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
sutz":39y776rl said:
I'll be honest, I really didn't know about Tate. But I did know that it takes a couple of years sometimes, especially for WRs, for a player to really start to click in the NFL. So, over the last couple of seasons, I've been one of those who was always saying, "Be a little patient, give him some time." I was scoffed and told I didn't know what I was talking about. He was a bust. It was taking too long. Like I said above, I really didn't know what I was talking about, except that I don't tend to have a quick trigger in situations like this. Maybe because I've seen too many players succeed on other teams after being drafted and released here.

Well, I'm glad that Pete was patient. It looks like GT is developing into something kind of special.

My exact sentiment. I remember Pete talking about him when they drafted him saying that he played bigger than his size, fought for the ball and had the moves with the ball.

This season, he appears to be A LOT more comfortable. He wants the score and wants it bad. That WR screen is something the Hawks need to be careful with, but they seem to be using it well and with Tate it seems like an automatic 8 yard minimum. I actually was somewhat concerned about the WR position when the season started, not with Rice, but with the rest and Tate has turned into a threat from all downs and distances. It is giving Rice a lot more deep looks too.

I also like the "GT" reference. That is a pretty sweet pair of initials to have as a rapidly growing NFL scorer.

Largent80

Reaction score
Tate is having the breakout year I had hoped for. And part of that is Him, part is Pete, and part is Wilson.

He has made more memorable plays in ten games that I can remember over a lifetime of Hawk plays.

drdiags

Reaction score
I agree with The Dude. Golden Tate has a knack of making plays that I don't equate with Seahawks WRs. It's always the other team's WRs that come up with great catches, not Seahawks WRs (well since back in the day). The guy is flaky sometimes but he actually looks like a professional WR this year. He had one memorable catch last year against Philly that showed me what he could be.

Hope he can improve on what he is starting to establish as far as play-making. That first contract is coming to a close and decisions have to be made.