Russell Wilson leaving love notes in his wr's lockers

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Russell Wilson puts in more work in one week than Charlie Whitehurst put in during his two years here.

Like Doc said, I'm sure some vets rolled their eyes at first. But once you see how crazy a competitor and awesome a leader RW is, I don't see how you can do anything but fall in line. Same as how cream rises to the top. True leaders simply lead.

Wilson still has much to prove. Just look at Cam Newton this year. But I don't think I have ever been this impressed by a Seahawk player 9 games into their time here. Let alone a rookie.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
He's exactly the kind of kid that would remind the teacher that the class had homework due.

godawg

Reaction score
More like the student who suggests to the teacher that more homework might be appropriate.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":ohu9abxb said:
I think it is more surprised in the fact that he may not have ever had a QB take the game to a Manning level before. If Wilson was 6'4" and did this everyone would think he was Brady like, because he is not and he is working hard to get every advantage and get his receivers and teamates on the same page so learning curve during tema film study is better used during position meetings it's a great time saver. He's already on next weeks game plan before the coaches.

This is what seperates average from HOF players, the extra stuff. Going forward every player is going to know who is the leader and hardest worker on this team, as he gets more years under his belt I can see him being a no bullshit leader holding his teamates accountable.
You got that right chris, it reminds me of the dedication that Largent put into his game, and it paid huge dividends when he and Dave Kreig would spend EXTRA hours getting all the minute details of the routes that he would run, and where he planned to get open on those routes to catch the balls.
I think it's great to have that kind of self motivation, AND in a rookie no less. :th2thumbs:

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
NJHawksFan":wya8d1g3 said:
He's exactly the kind of kid that would remind the teacher that the class had homework due.

There is a huge difference though.

The kid reminding the teacher there is homework due is doing that to be a suck-up and for the sole benefit of himself.

Russell Wilson is doing this for the benefit of his TEAM. It's making everyone better.

I honestly don't know how anyone is complaining that Russell is doing this. You must lead a sad life if so.

chris98251

Reaction score
One additional thought, if your ROOKIE QB is doing this and trying to help everyone get better and if you have players complain or have issues with it , the question should be is the guy complaining worth having on the team to begin with, Wilson is putting up and working, the guys complaining that are not making plays are doiung what?

The old addage about putting up or shutting up comes into play, pretty sure Wilson is putting up.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3gobrl60 said:
chris98251":3gobrl60 said:
I think it is more surprised in the fact that he may not have ever had a QB take the game to a Manning level before. If Wilson was 6'4" and did this everyone would think he was Brady like, because he is not and he is working hard to get every advantage and get his receivers and teamates on the same page so learning curve during tema film study is better used during position meetings it's a great time saver. He's already on next weeks game plan before the coaches.

This is what seperates average from HOF players, the extra stuff. Going forward every player is going to know who is the leader and hardest worker on this team, as he gets more years under his belt I can see him being a no bullshit leader holding his teamates accountable.
You got that right chris, it reminds me of the dedication that Largent put into his game, and it paid huge dividends when he and Dave Kreig would spend EXTRA hours getting all the minute details of the routes that he would run, and where he planned to get open on those routes to catch the balls.
I think it's great to have that kind of self motivation, AND in a rookie no less. :th2thumbs:
What about the seconds details

80849er4life

Reaction score
I wonder if he's ever been wrong and the WR were like WTF was he thinking on this haha....must be a wiz kid who really pays attention to detail....all the makings of a great QB....only upside

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1wrddt2e said:
NJHawksFan":1wrddt2e said:

There is a huge difference though.

The kid reminding the teacher there is homework due is doing that to be a suck-up and for the sole benefit of himself.

Russell Wilson is doing this for the benefit of his TEAM. It's making everyone better.

I honestly don't know how anyone is complaining that Russell is doing this. You must lead a sad life if so.

I was making a joke dude. I'm getting Russell's jersey for god's sake.

Twisted

Reaction score
Bipolar":33gxfbio said:
RW seriously makes me want to freaking vomit.

way to take his personal responsibilities as a QB and take it to the extreme, squaring and quadrupling it. borderline douchy.

If I was left notes on how I should be doing my job and what to look out for, especially by a rookie, I'd probably kick his sorry ass.

this is why he's a starting NFL quarterback and you're armchair..

its hilarious people think this work ethic is common behavior in professional sports, yea kinda like the Cowboys that went down and partied in mehico before the playoffs? they haven't been back since.

theres a lot to be said for this type of dedication, its what sets them apart from the average player, to reach this level one has to sacrifice everything, yup, boodie calls, happy hours, friends, family, you eat, drink and sleep football..

some of these players are simply there to work hard for the contract then show up for the check on Tuesday, if you can't see that you're not looking, I see some players for the Hawks that give up early, especially in the secondary, that behavior makes you just another ordinary player..

players love the notes, they've said so, it allows them to focus on other things, in this game there is never enough time for everything cuz every week another dimension shows up that you have to prepare for, conditioning training is non stop and relentless a 12 hour a day job just to be on top, then to dominate?

Rdub deserves props for his extra curricular achievements, he OBVIOUSLY shows up prepared, while some of his opponents on the other hand....