Wagner 4th in tackles

jlove6

Reaction score
Wagner is now tied with 4 others for 4th in the league with 81 tackles. There will be some missed assignments but he is going to be one great MLB. :th2thumbs:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

JKent82

Reaction score
Irvin can rack up the sacks down the stretch he might be able to compete for it. He'll need to step up though.

If Wagner keeps up his tackle pace, gets a few more sacks, and maybe a pick he could have a definite shot at it.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
How is Mychal Kendricks doing this year for Philly? He went one pick ahead of Wagner and many of us speculated that the FO may have preferred him for his slightly better athleticism. I know he tore it up in the preseason. Wagner has just been awesome though

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm guessing it'll come down to Wagner, Kuechly, and Chandler Jones. Irvin's been good, but his sack totals are about the same as Jones and Jones plays more downs than Bruce.

Am I the only one who's still bitter about Lofa losing to Merriman, only to find out that Merriman was roiding, by the way? Not that this is comparable, but the last time our rookie MLB was in this conversation that's how it wound up.

OP
OP
J

jlove6

Reaction score
Kendricks has 41 tackles and is ranked 124. Kuechly has 87 tackles and 1 pick for a -3 yards.

Lithium

Reaction score
we will be one of the last teams to have a bye so, its a little skewed i think. but still 81 is a good number right now

jlwaters1

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":30ki4qsj said:
SmokinHawk":30ki4qsj said:
One would think that he has to be the leading defensive rookie of the year candidate now.

Keuchly (sp?) has more tackles and i think a pick 6. its an interesting race, and I think that both Irvin and Wagner are in the conversation.

Kuechly has 87 tackles ranked #3 and 1 pick- which occurred vs the Seahawks. No defensive TD. and no Sacks.

Wagner has 81 and 2 sacks. It would be cool to see him get a pick this year. I like his pass rush ability. He was also robbed half a sack against Carolina. He was originally credited with 1.5 against Carolina.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":ura4rtb9 said:
How is Mychal Kendricks doing this year for Philly? He went one pick ahead of Wagner and many of us speculated that the FO may have preferred him for his slightly better athleticism. I know he tore it up in the preseason. Wagner has just been awesome though

Kendricks has 41 tackles and 1 sack on the year. So basically Wagner has DOUBLE the production of Kendricks thusfar with 81 tackles and 2 sacks.

Subzero717

Reaction score
jlwaters1":29cuniyh said:
peachesenregalia":29cuniyh said:
SmokinHawk":29cuniyh said:

Keuchly (sp?) has more tackles and i think a pick 6. its an interesting race, and I think that both Irvin and Wagner are in the conversation.

Kuechly has 87 tackles ranked #3 and 1 pick- which occurred vs the Seahawks. No defensive TD. and no Sacks.

Wagner has 81 and 2 sacks. It would be cool to see him get a pick this year. I like his pass rush ability. He was also robbed half a sack against Carolina. He was originally credited with 1.5 against Carolina.

Didn't Kuechly sack Wilson? Kuechly will win if the numbers are that close because he is more recognizable.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Sherman has 4 INT tied for third in the league, and Browner has 3 tied for 4th (technically 8th). Sorry for derailing the thread a little bit.

Go D!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3tjo47ty said:
I'd go with Chandler. Every time I've seen him play, I've come away impressed.

To be honest, that's only like 2 or 3 times. Kuechly looks really good too.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":332ics1j said:
Bobby Wagner aka "Baby Patrick Willis" is doing fine and is still get better.
:thirishdrinkers: :snack: :13: :3:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
jkitsune":viqeoz42 said:
I'm guessing it'll come down to Wagner, Kuechly, and Chandler Jones. Irvin's been good, but his sack totals are about the same as Jones and Jones plays more downs than Bruce.

Am I the only one who's still bitter about Lofa losing to Merriman, only to find out that Merriman was roiding, by the way? Not that this is comparable, but the last time our rookie MLB was in this conversation that's how it wound up.

You're probably right. Unfortunately I don't think Irvin will be considered just because he plays a limited amount of snaps.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MANUNITED23":2d16bet0 said:
Bobby Wagner aka "Baby Patrick Willis" is doing fine and is still get better.

I like Wagner a lot, but he can't hold a candle to Willis. Willis is on pace to be in Ray Lewis territory when it's all said and done.

Wagner is a very good player though with a pretty high ceiling. There are reasons the Cowboys were going to draft him in R1 if Claiborne didn't drop.