Could Marshawn win the rushing title?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Could Marshawn win the rushing title?
Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am
  • With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans* have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

* Edit: I meant Texans not Titans.
    Last edited by SeaWolv on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

Re: Could Marshawn win the rushing title?
Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am
  • Barring injury, my money would be on AP if I were betting.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am
  • Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his. Personally, I don't care about rushing titles and such, I just want to win. I also want to see our players playing hard for the W and not some useless stat prize. Marshawn has been running hard and running well this season. I'd like him to continue to do so. I'd like to see him pick up more yardage when it's 3rd and 1 or 4th and Lynches, but overall I'm more than satisfied with what he's done this year.

Regardless of rushing titles and whatever else, I think we can all agree that we're lucky to have gotten Lynch for so little given up, and that he's performed very well since coming here.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am
  • APs already played his bye week which means he's at least 100+ more behind than he already is. Lynch also has a touch running schedule left (Miami, SF, Chicago..) Barring injury to ADP it would be very unlikely.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am
  • AP deserves it IMO. He is a beast.

Hell, he could be MVP!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:48 am
  • He wont catch him but Lynch will still get 1,500+ yards to go along with 8+ TDs which I'll take any year from my HB.

And OT but AD played 16 games (?) last year and Peyton Manning played 0. They are both coming off injuries. I dont see how Peyton Manning cant win the Comback player of the year opposed to who everyone else is saying the shoe in is, AD.

But AD deserves to be in serious MVP consideration.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:52 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his.

This. We've already seen ample evidence that Peterson doesn't give a damn about the defensive ranking of the team he's facing. He's gonna do what he does.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:53 am
  • The way Peterson is running, it's hard to picture it.. especially with games against Miami, Chicago and San Francisco (all Top 10 Rush D) remaining.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 am
  • I consider it unlikely.

Also, Foster plays for the Texans. ;)
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:19 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his.

This. We've already seen ample evidence that Peterson doesn't give a damn about the defensive ranking of the team he's facing. He's gonna do what he does.

Ditto on both accounts.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:28 am
  • SeaWolv wrote:With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

wat
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:
    SeaWolv wrote:With 6 games left Marshawn is trailing AP by 123 yards. Foster is 133 yards back of Marshawn. The Vikings have 5 of their last 6 games against top 10 defenses. The Hawks have 4 games against top 10 defenses but also one game against the worst defense. The Titans have no games against a top 10 defense but they do have 4 against top 16 defenses. I think it comes down to Lynch and Foster. Unfortunately Foster may be in the catbird seat.

wat

Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:APs already played his bye week which means he's at least 100+ more behind than he already is. Lynch also has a touch running schedule left (Miami, SF, Chicago..) Barring injury to ADP it would be very unlikely.

According to Yahoo Sports their bye is this week. I didn't say it was a foregone conclusion, only that it was possible.
    Last edited by SeaWolv on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• peachesenregalia wrote:Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year?.

Have you seen what Marshawn Lynch has been doing this year?
    AP is a beast I'm not arguing otherwise but so is Marshawn and I think Marshawn has a slightly easier road ahead than AP.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• volsunghawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Have you seen what Peterson has been doing this year? Unless AP gets seriously injured, the rushing title is his.

I'm sure he doesn't give a damn, just as I'm sure Marshawn doesn't either. However if you look at what he did earlier in the season he wasn't racking up big yardage. After the Tampa game his carries went up and of course his yardage. The game against the niners was an early exception, he had high carries but low yardage. Since then he's faced 2 top 10 defenses and done well against both. Conversely Marshawn had good games against 2 top 10 defenses as well. Granted AP's games were bigger than Marshawn's.
    SeaWolv
    NET Starter

• I can say confidently that every time Marshawn puts on that jersey on gameday, he's thinking about the rushing title. All of the greats do, as well they should...
    Bryan
    NET Bench Warmer

• SeaWolv wrote:Post subject: Could Marshawn win the rushing title?

Could ?

Answer: YES
    Image Image
    ImageImage
    djTOY2000
    Eli Positioner Extraordinaire

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information