Two Seahawk rookies could win OROY and DROY in same year

Rat

Reaction score
hawksfan515":3rgv3wtd said:
Rat":3rgv3wtd said:
People have ridiculous expectations of Kiper. Predicting NFL prospects is hard. That's why these teams spend millions of dollars annually on it, and still strike out on a lot more guys than they hit on.

It's like some of you think Kiper should have no opinions. How exciting would the draft be if they just showed the picks and then said "This was the pick. Someday we'll know if it was good". Yes, he's wrong sometimes. Who isn't? Even guys like Bill Walsh and Ron Wolf missed on a lot of players.

Still, he majorly bashed 3 of our first selections and they are having major returns right now. 1 pick wrong? Happens to everyone. 2 picks wrong? Must be a coincidence. 3 picks wrong? YOU SUCK.

Who did he bash other than Irvin? He said Russell Wilson went higher than he projected (which is pretty much what everyone said), but also said that if anyone could overcome the height issue, it was Russell. That sounds like a compliment to me.

Rat

Reaction score
SharkHawk":2b1st4rh said:
Rat":2b1st4rh said:
People have ridiculous expectations of Kiper. Predicting NFL prospects is hard. That's why these teams spend millions of dollars annually on it, and still strike out on a lot more guys than they hit on.

It's like some of you think Kiper should have no opinions. How exciting would the draft be if they just showed the picks and then said "This was the pick. Someday we'll know if it was good". Yes, he's wrong sometimes. Who isn't? Even guys like Bill Walsh and Ron Wolf missed on a lot of players.

My problem is that when he's wrong more often than a lot of ten year olds then I don't understand why he even has a job. He's awful.
When he's putting his picks out there, without the gift of hindsight (this thread is a great example of hindsight analysis), then it seems like he's wrong way more often than he is.

The draft is crazy hard to predict. That's why something like only a third of FIRST round picks become above average players. That number drops precipitously after the first round.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Rat":3asjrdp2 said:
SharkHawk":3asjrdp2 said:
Rat":3asjrdp2 said:

My problem is that when he's wrong more often than a lot of ten year olds then I don't understand why he even has a job. He's awful.
When he's putting his picks out there, without the gift of hindsight (this thread is a great example of hindsight analysis), then it seems like he's wrong way more often than he is.

The draft is crazy hard to predict. That's why something like only a third of FIRST round picks become above average players. That number drops precipitously after the first round.

I'm sorry Mel. It's good to have you here. We'll be glad to help you with your draft evaluations for next season. :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2m81plsn said:
Fox0r":2m81plsn said:
....not so far-fetched to think at this point. Can you imagine?

:34853_doh:

Your justification for that emoticon should be entertaining to read. Why don't you enlighten us?

Rat

Reaction score
jman316":y5a93wcg said:
If Kiper was any good he'd have a job with an NFL team.

There's a reason he doesn't.
He probably makes sick money doing what he does, with significantly more job security, and significantly less hours. I'd rather have his job than be director of player personnel for the Browns or something. What's the tenure of the average GM, 4 years?

kearly

Reaction score
Fox0r":1vve1mrq said:
Your justification for that emoticon should be entertaining to read. Why don't you enlighten us?

I think he just has a headache because we haven't named the team the Seattle Russell Wilsons yet. That has to be it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I could care less if anyone wins DROY, as long as they win the Super Bowl. :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Sac

Reaction score
Yeah, but how awesome would it be to have the OROY at QB and the DROY and win it all?

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Wilson will have trouble getting the OROY from Luck/Griffin due to the attention those teams get compared to ours....he is definitley in the equation though

Irvin, nah don think so, he has proved the doubters wrong and got 7 sacks, but dont think he has been as dominant as Aldon Smtih was last season. Still he has stepped it up and will only get better

Wagner is a different story, what a pick up he has been, but again I think he will lose out to Kucheley, who for me has also been outstanding, and again seems to get more attention.

All in all we as hawks should be delighted with our 3 picks, but I think they will all ultimatley fall short in the vote.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Rat":k7t3hdzu said:
Who did he bash other than Irvin? He said Russell Wilson went higher than he projected (which is pretty much what everyone said), but also said that if anyone could overcome the height issue, it was Russell. That sounds like a compliment to me.

Actually, Kiper did say Wilson would never be anything other than a backup in this league.