Race for the NFC West

QuahHawk

Reaction score
SF's tie with STL really opens up the door for Seattle to win the NFC West, this tie almost guarantees no tie breaking scenarios will be used to determine the winner of the NFC West which is good for the Seahawks who are 0-3 in NFC West play and 4-4 in Conference play. Another thing is Seattle owns head-to-head over GB (6-3), MIN (6-4), and Dallas (4-5) all candidates who will be competing for Wildcard or Playoff seeding.

NFC WEST STANDINGS
SF 6-2-1
SEA 6-4
AZ 4-5
STL 3-5-1

Remaining Games
SF: CHI (7-1), @ NO (4-5), @ STL (3-5-1), MIA (4-5), @ NE (6-3), @ SEA (6-4), AZ (4-5)
Total Records 34-28-1 avg .548
Home-3
Away-4
Winning Records-3
Projected Losses- 2 to 4
Projected Record- 9-6-1 to 11-4-1

SEA:mad: MIA (4-5), @ CHI 7-1), AZ (4-5), @ BUF (3-6), SF (6-2-1), STL (3-5-1)
Total Records 27-24-1 avg .529
Home-3
Away-3
Winning Records-2
Projected Losses- 1 to 3
Projected Record- 9-7 to 11-5

AZ: @ ATL (8-1), STL (3-5-1), @ NYJ (3-6) @ SEA (6-4), DET (4-5), CHI (7-1) @ SF (6-2-1)
Total Records 37-24-2 avg .606
Home-3
Away-4
Winning Records-4
Projected Losses- 4 to 5
Projected Record- 6-10 to 8-8

STL: NYJ (3-6), @ AZ (4-5), SF (6-2-1), @ BUF (3-6), MIN (6-4), @ TB (5-4), @ SEA (6-4)
Total Records 35-31-1 avg .530
Home-3
Away-4
Winning Records-4
Projected Losses- 4 or 5
Projected Record- 5-10-1 to 7-8-1

largenutz

Reaction score
wow thanx for the write up n breakdown. I think the team is getting better every week and will win a couple of the road games. Playoffs here we come!
Go Hawks!

TheHawkster

Reaction score
That SF tie today just killed all their tie breaker options.

They now can only get in strictly by record.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The way I look at this is we are 2 games back in the loss column. If we tie that number, this means we have one more win in the win column and thus win the division (provided the Rams and Cards do not play into the mix...)

Since we play them one more time that obviously we must win...we just need to make up ONE more game somewhere.

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If Cutler is out SF should soundly beat Chicago, but @ NO and @ NE could very easily be losses and they will still have to play @ Seattle. How awesome would it be if SF was 9-4-1 and Seattle was 10-4 going into week 16. A win vs SF would clinch the division for us.

kmedic

Reaction score
It will be difficult for us to win the division. Wild card is more plausible, but even that will come down to us vs. Tampa Bay IMO. It's gonna be close. We have to split the 2 road games after the bye, that is a must!

BlueTalons

Reaction score
kmedic":m1f072j8 said:
It will be difficult for us to win the division. Wild card is more plausible, but even that will come down to us vs. Tampa Bay IMO. It's gonna be close. We have to split the 2 road games after the bye, that is a must!
I want to win BOTH of the two up coming road games! The Dolphins game IS winnable and the Bears are teetering on a collapse they usually have around this time.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I don't know how about we just win out? Seems like the best option to me! :D :mrgreen:

In all seriousness I think we CAN do this. The Dolphins and Bears will be tough challenges but I like our rookie QB better than their's. Miami is extremely inconsistent I see us being 7-4 after that game.

Then the game of the week- I wouldn't be surprised if the Chicago game is flexed to Sunday night Football for an epic Showdown against the opportunistic Bears. There offense is inconsisent and their defense LIVES off turnovers, if we can protect the ball I think we've got a great shot at winning.

Say we are 8-4 at that point, wouldn't most think 12 wins a strong possibility? 11 wins minimum. So to me the next 2 games will in large part decide our season. Win them both and a 2nd seed isn't out of the question. Split them and still be in good shape. Or lose both and all of a sudden have a sour taste with a 6-6 record. We much finish the 3rd quarter strong.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BlueTalons":1gnb0w8v said:
kmedic":1gnb0w8v said:
I want to win BOTH of the two up coming road games! The Dolphins game IS winnable and the Bears are teetering on a collapse they usually have around this time.

Too bad we don't have the Bears first, a win without Cutler there is sounding pretty guaranteed. Then again, I wanna pound their ass with Cutler in their again :evil:

JerHawk81

Reaction score
kmedic":1h4ap5r2 said:
Obviously winning both is ideal but I agree. If we can split them we will never in good shape to make a run

JonRud

Reaction score
It's still going to be very difficult to win the division. I don't think the Hawks will win out but let's say they go 5-1, which would be a great 11-5 record, cannot complain.

In this case SF needs to go 4-3 to finish at 10-5-1 and we win the West. They could go 4-3, but I think it's more likely they go 5-2.

I really think the Hawks would have to finish 12-4 to win the division, which would mean winning the final 8 games of the season. That would be amazing. If that happened they would almost definitely have a bye and a real chance to go to the SB.

The problem with the wildcard is they have to win 3 road games [unless they host a #5 vs. #6 NFC Championship] to reach the Super Bowl. And they only have 1 road playoff win in their history!!

hawker84

Reaction score
good chance this Bears / Niners game will have both back up Q's playing for them.. both cutler and smith are out with concussions... if i was a betting man i say they're both back for the game though.. neither looked very serious..

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
JonRud":qiuvjlch said:
It's still going to be very difficult to win the division. I don't think the Hawks will win out but let's say they go 5-1, which would be a great 11-5 record, cannot complain.

In this case SF needs to go 4-3 to finish at 10-5-1 and we win the West. They could go 4-3, but I think it's more likely they go 5-2.

I really think the Hawks would have to finish 12-4 to win the division, which would mean winning the final 8 games of the season. That would be amazing. If that happened they would almost definitely have a bye and a real chance to go to the SB.

The problem with the wildcard is they have to win 3 road games [unless they host a #5 vs. #6 NFC Championship] to reach the Super Bowl. And they only have 1 road playoff win in their history!!

If we win 8 games...most definitely...we'd win the west....and the whole league, making our record, 14-4 *S*....I know you meant the last 6 games...not 8.

Remember...that Buffalo game will not be played in Buffalo..its in Toronto, indoors at Roger's Place (Skydome)
I see the 49'ers losing to Bears, Saints, Pats and Us.

zayden185

Reaction score
Miami buffalo and bears are all very winnable games

The bears o line is the same as it was..just hiding with short drops and outside of Marshall...that's about it

Niners could lose to rams in St. Louis and the saints a red effing hot

Niners can't score with them and I don't ate how great their d is...he lit them up last year

There is a shot at the division. Wouldn't say out of reach that's for sure and inwould say I'm pretty much a realist about things

zayden185

Reaction score
Update...saints on the road is a loss for niners

Superfine and clink are
Strong advantages. 3/4 points

Latest posts