After watching the Jets game, the Hawks, with a rookie 5'11 QB, definitely are a top 10 offense. Just think about it.
1. Gotta start with Lynch. He is a boss!!!!
2. Next up is Wilson. He is a two dimensional threat, as he can run or pass it as we saw in the zone read and stuff.
3. Golden Tate. He is NOT a bust or anything. I wasn't on here when we did a little screen to Tate and he broke about 2-3 tackles on 3rd down to extend the drive, but it was amazing. That was a giant play, and Tate's playmaking ability made that happen. But enough about his tackle-breaking ability, did you see that leap for the TD? He can play the ball in the air too, and I'm not so worried about his routes now that he's been in the league for 3 years. He is a TD machine. You realize right now he has 7 touchdowns? Including 4 in the last two games (yeah I'm including the throwing TD)! He is not a traditional receiver, but that's not what we need. We need that receiver that can move the chains on a short pass, get open deep, and win jump balls. And surprisingly (especially for the jump balls) Tate does that stuff.
4. Sidney Rice. This guy just gets OPEN. He had a lot of targets today as well (7) and you can tell he's the go to guy for Russell. He also caught two TD's today. We need to keep this guy, definitely. He's just gonna keep getting better, especially when you consider he has more rapport to develop with Wilson.
5. Doug Baldwin. He had 3 receptions for 42 yards today, and I know for sure one of them was on a big 3rd down. Baldwin's that reliable slot guy you need on 3rd down, when you need the conversion. He's the safety blanket when he's on the field.
6. Russell Okung. Man, whoever our LG was (Moffitt?) struggled. But whenever I watched Okung, he was just doing his job. Run blocking and pass pro, he did it just fine. This guy is great to have in the offense, and I wonder how it's gonna be when Carpenter gets back to LG, Moffitt is just struggling a little there.
7. Michael Robinson comes in last, sorry man. But if you watched the Lynch TD run, you know he was essential to the play, clearing out the LB who would've railed Lynch. Remember 2010 when we complained about our FB troubles (it was still Robinson back then, but he improved)? We don't have that no more.
8. Darrell Bevell, the guy who's not on the field. Man, did I love how he utilized Tate. You can't have Rice throw it every time, so what do you do? You run Tate out there to throw it! You got some nice trick plays in there, along with the brilliant 4th down calls late in the game. This guy is a STRENGTH.
Top 10 offense + Top 5 defense + decent special teams = PLAYOFFS
EDIT: And I forgot about Zach Miller, who was a stud today! WE ARE FREAKING GOOD ON OFFENSE GODDAMNIT.
And this was against a good defense too.