The reason the Hawks need the division title....

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • That guarantee's a home game.

And we are pretty much UNBEATABLE at home.

Ask the Packers ;)

But seriously, we really need to win the division! I still don't trust this team enough on the road, and I would hate to be 1 and done!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Just win out and the rest will take care of itself
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• except for the 49ers. I want to bring back Rocky Bernard for 1 play to lay on alex smith again for old times sake. Hate them
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• if we get the division and advance pass the first round, wouldn't we play the pack at home if they advanced?
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Seeker wrote:if we get the division and advance pass the first round, wouldn't we play the pack at home if they advanced?

IDK but I'd be up for it.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• oops i mean vica versa
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Seeker wrote:oops i mean vica versa

Vice versa, and I'd still be up! We gotta earn that win against the Pack, and to most of the NFL we haven't earned it yet!
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• To succeed, we have to run well.
    Russ and the D will take care of the rest.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• if i were to make an opinion as of now...we might be peaking at the right time

as well, going on the road to play the of the NY or Dallas....ok with that

as well as chicago quite frankly...ill take on cutler on the road anytime

those games arent an early start for the most part.....gulp....hopefully

jsut get in and get hot...starting to not know what is coming on offense. meaning, we have thrown how many hb/flanker passes?
    zayden185
    NET Veteran

• Jay Cutler picked a bad time to get concussed. The Niners have it much easier next week if he's out.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Cutler's tough, he'll be back.
    "Know thy self, know thy enemy. A thousand battles, a thousand victories." - Sun Tzu
    BigMeach
    NET Starter

• BigMeach wrote:Cutler's tough, he'll be back.

Concussions are not about being tough. It is about testing the brain against a baseline test done pre-season and your brain is either back to normal or not. If the player says he is ready to go is irrelevant.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• BigMeach wrote:Cutler's tough, he'll be back.

I don't know about that. He didn't go back into that NFC Championship Game when a lot of other QBs would have forced their way back in.

Alex Smith also got a concussion, so it's possible that there will be two backup QBs in that game. I think Jason Campbell is terrible, but hopefully his experience will give him enough of an advantage over Colin Kaepernick.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Cutler suffered a grade II mcl tear in that game.... Just saying
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:Cutler suffered a grade II mcl tear in that game.... Just saying

What this guy said. The Cutler NFC championship game thing was quite a bit overblown, and I don't even like Cutler.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• Rat wrote:
    BigMeach wrote:Cutler's tough, he'll be back.

I don't know about that. He didn't go back into that NFC Championship Game when a lot of other QBs would have forced their way back in.

Alex Smith also got a concussion, so it's possible that there will be two backup QBs in that game. I think Jason Campbell is terrible, but hopefully his experience will give him enough of an advantage over Colin Kaepernick.

That's the thing. If Kaepernick starts against the 9ers, they better hope he gets knocked out before he throws a billion turnovers. Kaepernick is nowhere near good enough to go against this 9er defense. Alex Smith maybe cause he won't turn the ball over a lot, but Kaepernick is screwed. If the Bears shut down the run and the scramble...... They win.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• 3 at home and 3 on the road....difficult no matter who we play in their house.

Miami is 2-2 and Buffalo is 1-2 at home so far. One would think we can win those and rightfully so. However, we have seen this before and even though we are better on offense now I am still wary of predicting us winning on the road.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• sc85sis wrote:Isn't that something like the sixth concussion that Cutler has had?

On the broadcast last night they said third, two in the pros and one in college.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• Largent80 wrote:3 at home and 3 on the road....difficult no matter who we play in their house.

Miami is 2-2 and Buffalo is 1-2 at home so far. One would think we can win those and rightfully so. However, we have seen this before and even though we are better on offense now I am still wary of predicting us winning on the road.

Buffalo isn't really gonna be playing at home. Won't the game be played in Canada?
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:3 at home and 3 on the road....difficult no matter who we play in their house.

Buffalo isn't really gonna be playing at home. Won't the game be played in Canada?

Toronto I believe. Still a road game regardless.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hawksfan515 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:3 at home and 3 on the road....difficult no matter who we play in their house.

Yes, but the Bills have been playing games in Toronto for multiple years, so it's still a road game atmosphere. The crowd will be overwhelmingly for the Bills.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:

Yes, but the Bills have been playing games in Toronto for multiple years, so it's still a road game atmosphere. The crowd will be overwhelmingly for the Bills.

Depends, if the Bills are doing really bad not many people might show up. Also, if the Hawks are right in the thick of the playoff race the crowd could be pretty mixed. We'll see.
    hawksfan515
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:
    hawksfan515 wrote:

Fortunately they'll all be Canadian, so they're bound to be rather polite and sit nicely in their seats, no?
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• We're only 2 games out of the second seed remember, if we win against the 49ers and the Bears we'd hold tiebreakers over the Packers, Bears and (should we win the division, which we'd obviously have to to be 2nd seed), 49ers.

The Bears have to play the 49ers and the Packers still, the Packers have to play the Giants and the Vikings twice (the way Adrian Peterson is playing, that's no forgone conclusion), the Giants have to play the Saints, Falcons, Ravens, Redskins and Packers still (jeez what a closing schedule), the 49ers have to play the Bears, Saints, Patriots and Seahawks still.

BELIEVE

I think if we get 2nd seed we get homefield advantage through the playoffs since there's no way the Falcons win a playoff game
    and I'm having major deja vu I think I've said this before
    themunn
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information