Our offense is definitely top 10

hawksfan515

Reaction score
After watching the Jets game, the Hawks, with a rookie 5'11 QB, definitely are a top 10 offense. Just think about it.

1. Gotta start with Lynch. He is a boss!!!!

2. Next up is Wilson. He is a two dimensional threat, as he can run or pass it as we saw in the zone read and stuff.

3. Golden Tate. He is NOT a bust or anything. I wasn't on here when we did a little screen to Tate and he broke about 2-3 tackles on 3rd down to extend the drive, but it was amazing. That was a giant play, and Tate's playmaking ability made that happen. But enough about his tackle-breaking ability, did you see that leap for the TD? He can play the ball in the air too, and I'm not so worried about his routes now that he's been in the league for 3 years. He is a TD machine. You realize right now he has 7 touchdowns? Including 4 in the last two games (yeah I'm including the throwing TD)! He is not a traditional receiver, but that's not what we need. We need that receiver that can move the chains on a short pass, get open deep, and win jump balls. And surprisingly (especially for the jump balls) Tate does that stuff.

4. Sidney Rice. This guy just gets OPEN. He had a lot of targets today as well (7) and you can tell he's the go to guy for Russell. He also caught two TD's today. We need to keep this guy, definitely. He's just gonna keep getting better, especially when you consider he has more rapport to develop with Wilson.

5. Doug Baldwin. He had 3 receptions for 42 yards today, and I know for sure one of them was on a big 3rd down. Baldwin's that reliable slot guy you need on 3rd down, when you need the conversion. He's the safety blanket when he's on the field.

6. Russell Okung. Man, whoever our LG was (Moffitt?) struggled. But whenever I watched Okung, he was just doing his job. Run blocking and pass pro, he did it just fine. This guy is great to have in the offense, and I wonder how it's gonna be when Carpenter gets back to LG, Moffitt is just struggling a little there.

7. Michael Robinson comes in last, sorry man. But if you watched the Lynch TD run, you know he was essential to the play, clearing out the LB who would've railed Lynch. Remember 2010 when we complained about our FB troubles (it was still Robinson back then, but he improved)? We don't have that no more.

8. Darrell Bevell, the guy who's not on the field. Man, did I love how he utilized Tate. You can't have Rice throw it every time, so what do you do? You run Tate out there to throw it! You got some nice trick plays in there, along with the brilliant 4th down calls late in the game. This guy is a STRENGTH.

Top 10 offense + Top 5 defense + decent special teams = PLAYOFFS

EDIT: And I forgot about Zach Miller, who was a stud today! WE ARE FREAKING GOOD ON OFFENSE GODDAMNIT.
And this was against a good defense too.

JKent82

Reaction score
Ehh. Eventually. Top 20 for sure. Got plenty of work to do.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
JKent82":giklyxwt said:
Ehh. Eventually. Top 20 for sure. Got plenty of work to do.

I know our first half was OK, but dude, we just faced a great defense. They have really tightened their screws over the past couple weeks, and the bye week.

And we scored 4 TOUCHDOWNS. Nuff said.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
lol. We're far from a Top 10 offense, but there were some bright spots today.

Coming in.. the Seahawks were still dead last in passing yards. That's not changing after this week. Lynch ran the ball well.. but that should be expected as the Jets were in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defending the run.

However, the fact there IS a lot of room for improvement is exciting for a 6-4 team. I want to see them play like they did in the 2nd half for a full 4 quarters.. and more importantly, I want them to do it on the road. The road games will define our season.. not games against the Vikings and Jets at home where we should do exactly what we did.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":377nxxh5 said:
lol. We're far from a Top 10 offense, but there were some bright spots today.

Coming in.. the Seahawks were still dead last in passing yards. That's not changing after this week. Lynch ran the ball well.. but that should be expected as the Jets were in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defending the run.

However, the fact there IS a lot of room for improvement is exciting for a 6-4 team. I want to see them play like they did in the 2nd half for a full 4 quarters.. and more importantly, I want them to do it on the road. The road games will define our season.. not games against the Vikings and Jets at home where we should do exactly what we did.

OK alright I do agree with the road part.

Still, we did a very good job today. Especially if you just look at the points scored aspect. 28 points a game would be somewhere around top 5.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah at home we are potentially a top 10 offense, on the road....barely get into the top 20 offenses.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfan515":30sxqrl9 said:
Still, we did a very good job today. Especially if you just look at the points scored aspect. 28 points a game would be somewhere around top 5.

Credit the defense for that more than the offense. They forced turnovers and gave the offense a short field most of the game. Really with an actual "Top 10" offense.. this game would have been much uglier than 28-7.

Again - there is room for improvement.. (I mean obviously when you rank DEAD LAST in passing yards) .. but we're not there yet.

ivotuk

Reaction score
cesame":3k8vxk8b said:
The defense of the Jets is not good

Fact.
I beg to differ. They have had some struggles early but never underestimate a Rex Ryan defense, especially comimng off a bye week. They have some serious talent on D, they just haven't played as a unit.

They started off playing our run game and passing game very well but without help from their offesne they couldn't keep it up.

Watch the Jets D for the rest of the season, I predict they will play very good for their coach.

Rat

Reaction score
Not top 10, but improving. Going through the teams in my head, these are the offenses that I'd put ahead of us right now:

In no particular order:
New England
New Orleans
Denver
Green Bay
Detroit
NY Giants
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Houston
San Diego
Baltimore

I'm not sure on Dallas, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay.

That would put us anywhere in the 13-16 range. Not bad at all. Especially combined with this defense.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I know it was only one game, but our offense played pretty well against a pretty good Lions D on the road. Again, only one game, but it was the first road game where we started really opening up the playbook. I wouldn't count us out on the road yet. Hell we weren't even great offensively at home at the beggining of the year due to the restrains pete put on the offense, don't forget that.

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Rat":294xcl92 said:
Not top 10, but improving. Going through the teams in my head, these are the offenses that I'd put ahead of us right now:

In no particular order:
New England
New Orleans
Denver
Green Bay
Detroit
NY Giants
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Houston
San Diego
Baltimore

I'm not sure on Dallas, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay.

That would put us anywhere in the 13-16 range. Not bad at all. Especially combined with this defense.

I wouldn't put Cincinnati ahead of us. AJ Green is nice and all, but the law firm gets about 3 YPC.

haven't watched San Diego play, but I also disagree about them, I think they suck.

Rest I agree with.

Rat

Reaction score
BigMeach":3cwan4xb said:
I know it was only one game, but our offense played pretty well against a pretty good Lions D on the road.
The Lions made Christian Ponder look competent today. I don't know if I'd call them "pretty good".

cesame

Reaction score
ivotuk":2kg18gk1 said:
cesame":2kg18gk1 said:

Fact.
I beg to differ. They have had some struggles early but never underestimate a Rex Ryan defense, especially comimng off a bye week. They have some serious talent on D, they just haven't played as a unit.

They started off playing our run game and passing game very well but without help from their offesne they couldn't keep it up.

Watch the Jets D for the rest of the season, I predict they will play very good for their coach.

They've been a below average defense all year.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
cesame":1ly3fu4v said:

Fact.

#11 pass defense per DVOA, so I'd say it's not a fact.

Seattle had the #11 DVOA offense before today, so by the time this game is counted, it might just be top ten.

cesame

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":y4nntze0 said:
cesame":y4nntze0 said:

Fact.

#11 pass defense per DVOA, so I'd say it's not a fact.

Seattle had the #11 DVOA offense before today, so by the time this game is counted, it might just be top ten.

Have you seen their run defense numbers?

Sack numbers?

Pts/G numbers?

Below average.

Latest posts