Does Tate throw left handed naturally

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Does Tate throw left handed naturally
Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:22 pm
  • Not sure, maybe he is ambidextrous but it sure looked like that wasn't his natural throwing hand. Wasn't he a baseball player in college also? Throw was right on target obviously but didn't look like a natural motion.
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• Yes he does, he played baseball at Notre Dame and was a lefty hitter and thrower.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Ah - thanks. Maybe it was the gloves or he didn't have a great handle on the ball but it looked like he pushed it. Great throw and play call either way!
    marymoorhawk
    NET Starter

• Lefty throwers always look like that. That's why receivers hate it and coaches tend to try to convert lefty QB's to other positions. The ball is spinning the wrong way (from what you're used to) and it comes out across the body. I worked with a sports scientist (can't remember her exact title... she had a masters in something related to sports performance) to perfect my baseball swing. We went through all of these movements and tracked them on a computer. She was able to explain to me why a lefty swing in baseball looks so much more natural (because it actually is) but a throw looks weird, whereas with a throw it looks better from the right, and the righty swing looks almost wrong. It was really interesting stuff. I was able to learn to hit left handed and throw left handed over the course of about 2 years just by analyzing my motions and such and doing specific things with body positioning. It looked like a perfect lefty throw to me. Heck.. he's better than Tebow!
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Our lefty WR is better than their lefty QB.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran

• #Seahawks WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD toss: "His throwing motion was the worst. I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• MrCarey wrote:#Seahawks WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD toss: "His throwing motion was the worst. I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."

LOL! That's pretty good. Although I really think that Tate had better form than Tim.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• MrCarey wrote:#Seahawks WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD toss: "His throwing motion was the worst. I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."

LOL! Lovethe team that Pete has built here. They know how to have fun.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Tim Tebow threw for 8 yards today. Golden Tate threw for 23 yards.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• It reminded me of the Ronnie Brown TD a few years back when he announced to Bill Belicheat directly that he was a southpaw.
    Driver of the PC/JS Super Bowl wagon since 2010
    Sherman looks like a ballet master in grand jeté –
    a trash-talking, dreadlocked Baryshnikov suspended
    impossibly above the turf – pro football's paean to
    wanton human destruction slips into the sublime.
    TDOTSEAHAWK
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information