Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Our offense is definitely top 10
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:45 pm 
NET Veteran

After watching the Jets game, the Hawks, with a rookie 5'11 QB, definitely are a top 10 offense. Just think about it.

1. Gotta start with Lynch. He is a boss!!!!

2. Next up is Wilson. He is a two dimensional threat, as he can run or pass it as we saw in the zone read and stuff.

3. Golden Tate. He is NOT a bust or anything. I wasn't on here when we did a little screen to Tate and he broke about 2-3 tackles on 3rd down to extend the drive, but it was amazing. That was a giant play, and Tate's playmaking ability made that happen. But enough about his tackle-breaking ability, did you see that leap for the TD? He can play the ball in the air too, and I'm not so worried about his routes now that he's been in the league for 3 years. He is a TD machine. You realize right now he has 7 touchdowns? Including 4 in the last two games (yeah I'm including the throwing TD)! He is not a traditional receiver, but that's not what we need. We need that receiver that can move the chains on a short pass, get open deep, and win jump balls. And surprisingly (especially for the jump balls) Tate does that stuff.

4. Sidney Rice. This guy just gets OPEN. He had a lot of targets today as well (7) and you can tell he's the go to guy for Russell. He also caught two TD's today. We need to keep this guy, definitely. He's just gonna keep getting better, especially when you consider he has more rapport to develop with Wilson.

5. Doug Baldwin. He had 3 receptions for 42 yards today, and I know for sure one of them was on a big 3rd down. Baldwin's that reliable slot guy you need on 3rd down, when you need the conversion. He's the safety blanket when he's on the field.

6. Russell Okung. Man, whoever our LG was (Moffitt?) struggled. But whenever I watched Okung, he was just doing his job. Run blocking and pass pro, he did it just fine. This guy is great to have in the offense, and I wonder how it's gonna be when Carpenter gets back to LG, Moffitt is just struggling a little there.

7. Michael Robinson comes in last, sorry man. But if you watched the Lynch TD run, you know he was essential to the play, clearing out the LB who would've railed Lynch. Remember 2010 when we complained about our FB troubles (it was still Robinson back then, but he improved)? We don't have that no more.

8. Darrell Bevell, the guy who's not on the field. Man, did I love how he utilized Tate. You can't have Rice throw it every time, so what do you do? You run Tate out there to throw it! You got some nice trick plays in there, along with the brilliant 4th down calls late in the game. This guy is a STRENGTH.

Top 10 offense + Top 5 defense + decent special teams = PLAYOFFS

EDIT: And I forgot about Zach Miller, who was a stud today! WE ARE FREAKING GOOD ON OFFENSE GODDAMNIT.
And this was against a good defense too.

Post subject: Re: Our offense is definitely top 10
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:49 pm 
NET Veteran

Our CB's best in NFL

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Ehh. Eventually. Top 20 for sure. Got plenty of work to do.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:52 pm 
NET Veteran

I can appreciate the enthusiasm of the OP, but we have a ways to go yet before we're top 10. Looking better every week though!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:52 pm 
NET Veteran

JKent82 wrote:
Ehh. Eventually. Top 20 for sure. Got plenty of work to do.

I know our first half was OK, but dude, we just faced a great defense. They have really tightened their screws over the past couple weeks, and the bye week.

And we scored 4 TOUCHDOWNS. Nuff said.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 pm 
NET Veteran

The defense of the Jets is not good

Fact.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:55 pm 
* NET Sage *

lol. We're far from a Top 10 offense, but there were some bright spots today.

Coming in.. the Seahawks were still dead last in passing yards. That's not changing after this week. Lynch ran the ball well.. but that should be expected as the Jets were in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defending the run.

However, the fact there IS a lot of room for improvement is exciting for a 6-4 team. I want to see them play like they did in the 2nd half for a full 4 quarters.. and more importantly, I want them to do it on the road. The road games will define our season.. not games against the Vikings and Jets at home where we should do exactly what we did.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 pm 
NET Veteran

Hasselbeck wrote:
lol. We're far from a Top 10 offense, but there were some bright spots today.

Coming in.. the Seahawks were still dead last in passing yards. That's not changing after this week. Lynch ran the ball well.. but that should be expected as the Jets were in the bottom 5 of the NFL in defending the run.

However, the fact there IS a lot of room for improvement is exciting for a 6-4 team. I want to see them play like they did in the 2nd half for a full 4 quarters.. and more importantly, I want them to do it on the road. The road games will define our season.. not games against the Vikings and Jets at home where we should do exactly what we did.

OK alright I do agree with the road part.

Still, we did a very good job today. Especially if you just look at the points scored aspect. 28 points a game would be somewhere around top 5.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*

We're good ....at HOME! On the ROAD......less so!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:59 pm 
* NET Eeyore *

Yeah at home we are potentially a top 10 offense, on the road....barely get into the top 20 offenses.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:01 pm 
* NET Sage *

hawksfan515 wrote:
Still, we did a very good job today. Especially if you just look at the points scored aspect. 28 points a game would be somewhere around top 5.

Credit the defense for that more than the offense. They forced turnovers and gave the offense a short field most of the game. Really with an actual "Top 10" offense.. this game would have been much uglier than 28-7.

Again - there is room for improvement.. (I mean obviously when you rank DEAD LAST in passing yards) .. but we're not there yet.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 pm 
* NET Nobody *

cesame wrote:

Fact.
I beg to differ. They have had some struggles early but never underestimate a Rex Ryan defense, especially comimng off a bye week. They have some serious talent on D, they just haven't played as a unit.

They started off playing our run game and passing game very well but without help from their offesne they couldn't keep it up.

Watch the Jets D for the rest of the season, I predict they will play very good for their coach.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 pm 
* NET Moderator *

O'line was awful today for the most part. They've got to be better for sure.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:05 pm 
* NET Cynic *

Not top 10, but improving. Going through the teams in my head, these are the offenses that I'd put ahead of us right now:

In no particular order:
New England
New Orleans
Denver
Green Bay
Detroit
NY Giants
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Houston
San Diego
Baltimore

I'm not sure on Dallas, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay.

That would put us anywhere in the 13-16 range. Not bad at all. Especially combined with this defense.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm 
NET Starter

I know it was only one game, but our offense played pretty well against a pretty good Lions D on the road. Again, only one game, but it was the first road game where we started really opening up the playbook. I wouldn't count us out on the road yet. Hell we weren't even great offensively at home at the beggining of the year due to the restrains pete put on the offense, don't forget that.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran

Rat wrote:
Not top 10, but improving. Going through the teams in my head, these are the offenses that I'd put ahead of us right now:

In no particular order:
New England
New Orleans
Denver
Green Bay
Detroit
NY Giants
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Houston
San Diego
Baltimore

I'm not sure on Dallas, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay.

That would put us anywhere in the 13-16 range. Not bad at all. Especially combined with this defense.

I wouldn't put Cincinnati ahead of us. AJ Green is nice and all, but the law firm gets about 3 YPC.

haven't watched San Diego play, but I also disagree about them, I think they suck.

Rest I agree with.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:09 pm 
* NET Cynic *

BigMeach wrote:
I know it was only one game, but our offense played pretty well against a pretty good Lions D on the road.

The Lions made Christian Ponder look competent today. I don't know if I'd call them "pretty good".

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 pm 
NET Veteran

ivotuk wrote:
cesame wrote:

Fact.
I beg to differ. They have had some struggles early but never underestimate a Rex Ryan defense, especially comimng off a bye week. They have some serious talent on D, they just haven't played as a unit.

They started off playing our run game and passing game very well but without help from their offesne they couldn't keep it up.

Watch the Jets D for the rest of the season, I predict they will play very good for their coach.

They've been a below average defense all year.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *

cesame wrote:

Fact.

#11 pass defense per DVOA, so I'd say it's not a fact.

Seattle had the #11 DVOA offense before today, so by the time this game is counted, it might just be top ten.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 pm 
NET Veteran

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
cesame wrote:

Fact.

#11 pass defense per DVOA, so I'd say it's not a fact.

Seattle had the #11 DVOA offense before today, so by the time this game is counted, it might just be top ten.

Have you seen their run defense numbers?

Sack numbers?

Pts/G numbers?

Below average.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:29 pm 
NET Veteran

I fail to see how DVOA passing defense beats all of that.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:06 pm 
NET Veteran

Both Detroit and San Diego I view as over rated. We are not top 10 but by seasons end we could be

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:07 pm 
NET Veteran

cesame wrote:
I fail to see how DVOA passing defense beats all of that.

DVOA is a lot better than all of those stats, obviously.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:35 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

JSeahawks wrote:
O'line was awful today for the most part. They've got to be better for sure.

I Disagree. The running game did its job up front. Even when Lynch was struggling, it wasn't for lack of push up front. Even with those early struggles, the Seahawks still finished with 174 net rushing yards, one of their higher totals of the season. In pass protection there were a few breakdowns, but generally they gave Wilson time. Unfortunately, Wilson had to hold the ball for ages and often still didn't find open receivers. I think the Jets secondary deserves a ton of credit, and Ryan is no slouch at drawing up a creative pass rush.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

cesame wrote:
Have you seen their run defense numbers?

Sack numbers?

Pts/G numbers?

Below average.

Sure, but their secondary did play well today, and their pass rush was actually very good early in the game before Seattle made adjustments. Their run D hasn't been good this year, but it was good the week prior and dominant three weeks prior. And it was pretty good through the first three quarters today. Up until the 4th quarter, I thought the Jets defense was having a hell of a game. Jon Ryan was a busy man for most of the game.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:44 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

I love the potential of this team, but no way is that a top ten offense. It is a dangerous offense, but lacks consistency. But hey, at least it is dangerous.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:57 pm 
US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

I think we will win 1 of the next 3 on the road, giving us a 10-6 year.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:06 pm 
* NET Radish *

If we're a top 10 offense than 1 is not the top number. We can't run consistently, can't cover our QB for plays to develop, can't keep the rush out.

Other than that, we're pretty good.

:les:

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]