Does Tate throw left handed naturally

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Not sure, maybe he is ambidextrous but it sure looked like that wasn't his natural throwing hand. Wasn't he a baseball player in college also? Throw was right on target obviously but didn't look like a natural motion.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yes he does, he played baseball at Notre Dame and was a lefty hitter and thrower.

OP
OP
marymoorhawk

marymoorhawk

Reaction score
Ah - thanks. Maybe it was the gloves or he didn't have a great handle on the ball but it looked like he pushed it. Great throw and play call either way!

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Lefty throwers always look like that. That's why receivers hate it and coaches tend to try to convert lefty QB's to other positions. The ball is spinning the wrong way (from what you're used to) and it comes out across the body. I worked with a sports scientist (can't remember her exact title... she had a masters in something related to sports performance) to perfect my baseball swing. We went through all of these movements and tracked them on a computer. She was able to explain to me why a lefty swing in baseball looks so much more natural (because it actually is) but a throw looks weird, whereas with a throw it looks better from the right, and the righty swing looks almost wrong. It was really interesting stuff. I was able to learn to hit left handed and throw left handed over the course of about 2 years just by analyzing my motions and such and doing specific things with body positioning. It looked like a perfect lefty throw to me. Heck.. he's better than Tebow!

MrCarey

Reaction score
#Seahawks WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD toss: "His throwing motion was the worst. I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."

Blitzer88

Reaction score
MrCarey":29ovva89 said:
#Seahawks WR Sidney Rice on Golden Tate's TD toss: "His throwing motion was the worst. I thought we traded for Tebow for a second."

LOL! That's pretty good. Although I really think that Tate had better form than Tim.

ivotuk

Reaction score
MrCarey":hfn6c4j8 said:

LOL! Lovethe team that Pete has built here. They know how to have fun.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Tim Tebow threw for 8 yards today. Golden Tate threw for 23 yards.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
It reminded me of the Ronnie Brown TD a few years back when he announced to Bill Belicheat directly that he was a southpaw.