Arena Deal thread: UPDATE: DEAL PASSED AND SIGNED OFF!!!

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. RATING: PG-13
  • Phil Jackson being involved in anything would be great news for us.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Jackson doesn't take a lot of teams in transition.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I think if this rumor is true (which isn't likely right now as the buzz is he might be close to joining the Lakers again). Then having a dude like Jackson aboard gives whatever team and this ownership group some sort of allure to it. If Phil Jackson is vouching for 'em what would that to say to potential free agent targets? and good players that are already on the team (Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins if it is the Kings) It'd be a HUGE boost for that soon-to-be Seattle franchise IF Phil Jackson is involved.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• jackson will coach the lakers if he can get jim buss to give him the power he wants (i.e giving jeannie buss more pull within the whole operation) so that he doesn't have to answer to the gm mitch kutchap (sp) or jim buss about basketball decisions. he is dating jeannie and she runs the business side of things. he is pretty much trying to stick it to jim buss for being a trust fund baby and excoriating any trace of jackson within the lakers organizations after he retired. the guy fired scouts, trainers you name it... he hired mike brown just because he is the polar opposite of phil jackson.

its a comfortable place for jackson to go to. he knows how to rattle kobe properly. he is able to motivate pau gasol (sometimes, nobody can all the time). he is old and not 100% healthy, so going back to a situation where he can get a ring this year and retire again or just know he has the horses to win the race (his calling card from day one as a coach) is enough to get him back. I think he would only coach the lakers. nobody else.

it would be great for seattle but they can accomplish something good with another established coach who will be around longer than a couple seasons or one that will travel with the team to every away game and so on
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

• Matt Stanford ‏@mstanford27

Flea last night at the Chili Peppers concert: "what happened to your basketball team is f***ing bulls**t!" @Sonicsgate

Retweeted by Sonicsgate

:thirishdrinkers: :th2thumbs: Yea Flea!
    As a musician and audio quality champion, Neil Young said in 2012, “Steve Jobs was a pioneer of digital music. But when he went home, he listened to vinyl.”
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• some conceptual designs are coming out

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/First-c ... =y&c=y&c=y

Honestly I just wanna see the exterior!

Also would like to add, that I hope they do the lighting like they do at the Barclay's Center for the Nets, and the Staples Center for the Lakers, the darkness around the court, I think it'd go good hand in hand with the Green and Gold color scheme.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• There is no way that Stern and CO let the Magoofs go anywhere after how much they've boned up. Not worried.
    ----------------------------
    "Plus I hate the seattle stadium the **** place is too loud, gave me a headache watchin the game." ~ Some 9er fan
    JOz56
    NET Veteran

• the maloofs are just biding their time before the death knell. their is no way that david stern is going to let anybody tell him how to leave the nba or how to run his final show imo. he is a classic control freak in the sense that he even went on the air last night to castrate gregg poppovich for not playing duncan/ginobli/parker against lebron's heat on national television. if he thinks he can tell a coach how to run his rotations or when he is allowed to rest his players, well then, do you really think he is going to let the maloof family shove his nose in a pile of shit?

their is no way on god's green earth that the maloofs are going to be able to relocate their team, keep owning it and get their act together in a new city.

*fans buying tickets got boned last night but its about rings and poppovich has won rings doing this before, that's all spurs fans care about...we know popp doesn't give a hoot about outsiders feelings, how he treats sideline reporters is just the tip of the iceberg :)
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

• NBA is going to have to drag me back before I give it much interest, but the arena stuff gets me a little excited. Here's some new exterior renderings released: http://mynorthwest.com/27/2141833/Image ... a-released

Not too bad. The best features so far might be the views of the bay and city. How many NBA arena's actually have something similar?
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• this is what I've been waiting for besides a team being aquired lol.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• whoa. that thing is beautiful
    Pstark3
    NET Veteran

• I knew there was more than just the preferred cruise ship looking thing lol, I personally love the circular/oval arena

http://www.king5.com/news/arena/City-re ... lery=y&c=y

i hate the wavy looking one, looks so puny.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I'll add this as well, there's also some rumblings that the Maloofs might be cracking and will be selling soon, Georgle Maloof is believed to want out, another is 50/50, and another doesn't want to sell.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Fuzzman55 wrote:NBA is going to have to drag me back before I give it much interest, but the arena stuff gets me a little excited. Here's some new exterior renderings released: http://mynorthwest.com/27/2141833/Image ... a-released

Not too bad. The best features so far might be the views of the bay and city. How many NBA arena's actually have something similar?

Why in the world would you go to a sporting event and care at all about the views other then whats on the field or court?

Great looking building though.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    Fuzzman55 wrote:NBA is going to have to drag me back before I give it much interest, but the arena stuff gets me a little excited. Here's some new exterior renderings released: http://mynorthwest.com/27/2141833/Image ... a-released

Why in the world would you go to a sporting event and care at all about the views other then whats on the field or court?

Great looking building though.

UW and the water. Centurylink and the Seattle skyline. I've always liked my stadiums to be more than generic boxes. Having views can only be a cool thing, IMO.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

• we must be getting close because stern all but said today or yesterday brock and salk had it on that. seattle was the next stop for the nba.
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ

Mike Bullene ‏@12thManM1ke 45m
    @TDESPN Though, you did say the other night you cannot win the SB riding a defense. Even though you are literally the poster child for that. --twittered back at dilfer after he tried to slam hawks fans.
    hawkcrazzed
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• i like the oval UFO design better too...
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

• Hansen bought the kings
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran

• TheRealDTM wrote:Hansen bought the kings

Confirmed? Link?
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

• jhawk91 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:Hansen bought the kings

Confirmed? Link?

It's all over Twitter. Basically being reported as the deal is "first and goal". Talked about more in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62732
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    jhawk91 wrote:
    TheRealDTM wrote:Hansen bought the kings

Confirmed? Link?

It's all over Twitter. Basically being reported as the deal is "first and goal". Talked about more in this thread: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=62732

Oh I know it's being talked about as almost done, but I'm holding my breath til its 100% done deal.
    jhawk91
    NET Veteran

• y'all realize that its been a year since Hansen came to the forefront? Look at how far we've gone in a year!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

Previous

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information